Challice V3 Cloned - under $12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
Hi All,

Just so people know the Challice V3 has been cloned by a china maker and are available for under $12 each.

I have posted this because I think people should be aware that they are available. Some are bound to turn up in the classified adds / Online Vendors mascurading as the real deal.

supersport13

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2013
United States
Hi All,

Just so people know the Challice V3 has been cloned by a china maker and are available for under $12 each.

I have posted this because I think people should be aware that they are available. Some are bound to turn up in the classified adds / Online Vendors mascurading as the real deal.
Good lookin' out!

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
There just fishing to see how many people are interested is my best guess . They wont bother mass producing them if the market doesn't support it

exactly. there was a similar post on alibaba a while back about a Reo clone, but not much came from it, if anything

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
exactly. there was a similar post on alibaba a while back about a Reo clone, but not much came from it, if anything

Wouldn't do anyone any good to clone the Reo Grand. Rob's prices are exceptionally well priced, and they wouldn't profit at all. But IF someone did take it beyond the limit... we know Rob has it lawfully patented in the courts. And also.... us Reonauts wouldn't take it lying down. Some cheap scape trying to clone a Reo Grand is soooooo wrong. :mad:

Now, however... cloning Robert O'neil to ensure we'll always have Reo Grands is another story. o_O

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
From a personal point of view i don't like direct copies of anything as they bring nothing new to the market.
My experiance of any of the china made stuff is the quality control is poor, it might be OK it might not.

Given the design of the AFC ring I would think that the machining quality would need to be good in order to get a good vape. I seriously doubt the quality of the materials used and machining quality will be high enough given the low price point.

The video reviews I have seen so far for the authentic all say roughley the same, good quality machining, good quality materials, does not leak, vape is on a par with other small volume atties. Given the $150 price its is unlikely that I will be buying one. For me at least thats just too expensive.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Robert do your magic, make us a good quality atty at a reasonable price, a stainless steal version of the RM2 would be great!

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
From a personal point of view i don't like direct copies of anything as they bring nothing new to the market.
My experiance of any of the china made stuff is the quality control is poor, it might be OK it might not.

Given the design of the AFC ring I would think that the machining quality would need to be good in order to get a good vape. I seriously doubt the quality of the materials used and machining quality will be high enough given the low price point.

The video reviews I have seen so far for the authentic all say roughley the same, good quality machining, good quality materials, does not leak, vape is on a par with other small volume atties. Given the $150 price its is unlikely that I will be buying one. For me at least thats just too expensive.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Robert do your magic, make us a good quality atty at a reasonable price, a stainless steal version of the RM2 would be great!

Reactions: karmakatie

Quigsworth

Just some guy...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
The Republic of Cascadia
Some of you may have noticed lately that the price of some "authentic" RDA's have come way down in the last while and the availability has gotten a lot better...repeat "some"

I'm not going to pro-con the whole quality vs. cost vs. morality of the clone industry as that's been done to death, I personally have no issues with clones and if some peeps steadfastly refuse to buy a clone...I take no issue with that either, peeps work hard for their money, how they spend it is up to them (though it would be nice if the "authentic only" peeps would stop being so judgy :facepalm:)

What I do find fascinating however are the drivers of the clone industry...and basically the ecig market manipulation in general. In a nutshell, if I created an RDA say, and made just enough to send out to influential fanboy YT reviewers to build hype and offer the rest for sale on an extremely limited scale and charged accordingly (aka "lots")...I think it would be pretty disingenuous of me to get all bent out of shape when someone comes along and clones it and sells it for a 1/4 of the price...

As far as I'm concerned, that was a proactive marketing move on my part and I had that coming. It's not like my RDA is really that unique...it's a variation of a common theme made of a very common materials using equipment that is readily available (either to own or hire), the exorbitant price I chose for my RDA was not based on intrinsic worth but market value and my limited run only punctuates that, it's not a question of greed, it's a classic example of charging what the market will bare, I'd be an idiot if I didn't...but that's the gamble that many people that make/made "authentic" vape gear played and lost, and will continue to loose if they stick with that marketing schema in this vaping age (btw, I'll type "patent" but it's not worth the .004 calories I wasted to do so).

The method used (intentional or otherwise) by Rob to "clone proof" his product is quite simple...and while his following of Reonauts is appreciated, the public condemnation of those who would clone his product would really have zero impact...Rob's product simply represents intrinsic worth and with it's "off the shelf" availability (Woodvils notwithstanding :rolleyes:), and exemplary customer service, there remains a very limited market share for the clone industry to exploit and so far, the return wouldn't merit the cost.

The Chalice on the other hand...again, I'm not dismissing the quality or value of this device, I'm sure it's wonderful, but it's not about that...bottom line, if the maker is wanting to avoid being overcome by the clone industry, they're doing just about everything wrong, the machine is primed and ready...as Rob said, Alibaba is a marketer and they are doing nothing more than floating a weather balloon, if there is any sniff of demand that could match their customer's (clone industry) calculated unit price margins...release the hounds, and no amount of tut-tutting will stop it...hell, I'll buy one. I'm not proud

just saying...

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
Some originals may be made of better materials and such but when the clones are so much cheaper than the original I do have to wonder.
I don't think the cost of research and development could be that much.
Plus plenty of good original attys well priced at around $30-50 , so the $90 + ones for the most part don't look that appealing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread