Not open for further replies.

hildicat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
Hey Rob

Just a few thoughts about possible future REOS...

It seems that the Grand (standard and LP) are pretty well established now with the new 510 and upgraded contacts. The woodvils and resin mods round things out nicely, but I feel the squonker market is taking off and there's room to grow.

Personally, I would love to see Grands with a flush mounted 510, maybe slightly wider so that 22mm atomizers don't hang over the edge. The extra room would allow for larger juice bottles as well. Along those lines a 26650 model would be great, or even a dual 18650 model.

And I know you've said no more regulated mods, but, while the VVG was great it relied on very outdated technology. I think there's a very high demand for quality, affordable regulated squonking. The dna and SX boards are hugely popular (would probably opt for the SXJ board myself) and I'm sure a contemporary regulated REO would fly off the shelves.

I mean, folks are essentially building there own regulated squonkers these days in great numbers. And while this has gotten easier to do, it still requires a substantial investment, some better than decent skills, and still then the body is made out of plastic. I would bet a dna or SX REO would be a slam dunk.

Anyhow, just dreaming out load here. Still love my LP Grands. They're workhorses and reliable and always 100% with minimal TLC, but I can't help having just a little urge for something new.

supersport13

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2013
United States
Hey Rob

Just a few thoughts about possible future REOS...

It seems that the Grand (standard and LP) are pretty well established now with the new 510 and upgraded contacts. The woodvils and resin mods round things out nicely, but I feel the squonker market is taking off and there's room to grow.

Personally, I would love to see Grands with a flush mounted 510, maybe slightly wider so that 22mm atomizers don't hang over the edge. The extra room would allow for larger juice bottles as well. Along those lines a 26650 model would be great, or even a dual 18650 model.

And I know you've said no more regulated mods, but, while the VVG was great it relied on very outdated technology. I think there's a very high demand for quality, affordable regulated squonking. The DNA and SX boards are hugely popular (would probably opt for the SXJ board myself) and I'm sure a contemporary regulated REO would fly off the shelves.

I mean, folks are essentially building there own regulated squonkers these days in great numbers. And while this has gotten easier to do, it still requires a substantial investment, some better than decent skills, and still then the body is made out of plastic. I would bet a DNA or SX REO would be a slam dunk.

Anyhow, just dreaming out load here. Still love my LP Grands. They're workhorses and reliable and always 100% with minimal TLC, but I can't help having just a little urge for something new.
You hit the nail on the head! I was thinking the exact same thing. The BF market is growing exponentially. I would love to see all the upgrades you mentioned as well. I love my Grand as well...but those Tmods and CH mods are looking like something I want to acquire as well! Great post!:thumbs:

Reactions: thetrucker

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I had a conversation (e-mail or PM) with Rob about having an option to add an SX J chip to the resins coming out. The resin would be easier to work with and he could even incorporate something like this shapeways SX sled or a SS face plate.

From Rob's perspective I could understand why he wouldn't go this direction, supporting someone else's chip and the related failures would be a hassle.

sxJ.png

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
I know lots of people newer to vsping love regulated easy to use mods and I believe if Rob would open the door to it, it would really bring in the masses to the reo.

I've been there and owned 3 vv reos in the past and know of the problems he had with it and understand why he would not want to go thst route.. though it would be kinda nice if he could just make available a gutted resin mod for those regulated chips. The end user could either built it themselves or send it off to someone else to manage for them if needed. No warrenty of course or support for them.

Reo would have something for everyone.

Reactions: supersport13

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
I want to make a mod for the do it your self folks one that is set up for a chip . The wood run is done I am starting to take on new projects

I have a 18650 mod I want to build this year as well mechanical of course . No one will see it unfortunately until it is just about ready to ship . The days of me sharing the progress of a new mod is over you can thank the cloners for that . All I can say is you will love it and please don't ask time frames I am not even close

Keep in mind guys I have a really small company me and 3 other guys and mom does the shipping . I can only do so much Robs tired

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
I want to make a mod for the do it your self folks one that is set up for a chip . The wood run is done I am starting to take on new projects

I have a 18650 mod I want to build this year as well mechanical of course . No one will see it unfortunately until it is just about ready to ship . The days of me sharing the progress of a new mod is over you can thank the cloners for that . All I can say is you will love it and please don't ask time frames I am not even close

Keep in mind guys I have a really small company me and 3 other guys and mom does the shipping . I can only do so much Robs tired

The timing of this post is impeccable! I nearly pulled the trigger on a bottom fed DNA kit on the classies, but someone beat me to it. I was considering getting a new kit to build a DNA squonker.

I shall wait for Rob's kit then!!

Cheryl75

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
MO

You should take more fishing trips, busy or not. You HAVE to take care of yourself, mentally & physically, so you dont get too burned out.
You cant please everyone all the time! :)

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City

You been killing yourself lately Rob and I for one am in no big hurry, I can wait. I appreciate you taking a look into giving us an option for a VW device.

Beside, I am a firm believer that napping should be listed as a hobby. You need a new hobby don't you ;)

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
I personally like the Reo Grand design the way it is. It does what it's designed to do -- work time and time again, and last for many years. Other than designing it a tad bit wider (to accompany wider atties), I don't get why folks are wanting to add electronic DNA boards, and other electrical components to the mix. You're looking at problematic failures after 1 year of use. Not only that, but ONE good drop on a hard surface -- it's lights out! It's done!

To invest hundreds of dollars into something, and have it completely fail because of some electrical part, OR after dropping it on the floor... just doesn't feel good in the stomach. Sounds like a big headache that I don't want any part of.

I can understand why Rob aborted the mission of using electronic boards, and electrical parts after the VV problems. All you have to worry about now... is monthly maintenance, changing batteries, and filling the juice bottle. Thanks Rob for keeping it simple!! :thumb:

Btw... Chewbacca is almost 1 year old, and still vapes like a freight train. Looking forward to many more years of use. He still looks brand new, and has the old 510 connector. No problems at all. :cool:

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
I personally like the Reo Grand design the way it is. It does what it's designed to do -- work time and time again, and last for many years. Other than designing it a tad bit wider (to accompany wider atties), I don't get why folks are wanting to add electronic DNA boards, and other electrical components to the mix. You're looking at problematic failures after 1 year of use. Not only that, but ONE good drop on a hard surface -- it's lights out! It's done!

To invest hundreds of dollars into something, and have it completely fail because of some electrical part, OR after dropping it on the floor... just doesn't feel good in the stomach. Sounds like a big headache that I don't want any part of.

I can understand why Rob aborted the mission of using electronic boards, and electrical parts after the VV problems. All you have to worry about now... is monthly maintenance, changing batteries, and filling the juice bottle. Thanks Rob for keeping it simple!! :thumb:

Btw... Chewbacca is almost 1 year old, and still vapes like a freight train. Looking forward to many more years of use. He still looks brand new, and has the old 510 connector. No problems at all. :cool:

Hey I'm with you and Rob has giving us whst we want and need! We're all set. Though the masses are chip users and why not bring more people into the fold giving them what they want as well.

Doing so can only be a possitive for us and reosmods. Basicly means more sales and rob and crew will be around thst much longer giving us the next level of awesomeness down the road!

And as always.. if the chip users want something that won't die on them they can always buy a reo grand later!

Being just a gutted mod rob should be able to spit these boxes out quickly and by the tons.

By the way the resins seem the new styles and colors would be endless.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA

Oh btw.. mom's shipping our stuff?? That's awesome! Keeping it in the family!

Mom shipping with love to every reonaught!

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California

I agree. Rob said I believe having a chip is a component he can't control hence no VV Reos anymore. He stays true to his designs which he tests and stands behind them.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY

Amen. I have three requirements for mods and I thank Rob for meeting all 3: fully mechanical, squonkable, some sort of protection (spring)

If a mod does not meet those requirements I will not even give it a second thought. REOs, as are, baby :)

I do get opening it up to the wider audience but I like that Rob keeps it simple and real.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
So I had an electronic module go on my car last week, rendering it (according to the idiot lights and messages on the dashboard) undriveable. This module controls extreme traction control, run flat sensors, ABS, and about 6 other systems that a) weren't on cars of 20 years ago, and b) I have never really needed.

$2700 for me to get said electronic module replaced.

I'm not a big fan of being gated by electronics that "help".

That said, I can see it as an option for those so inclined (which was not the case with my car - it was an obligatory single point of fail).

QuikDrawMcGraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
Ontario. Canada

I prefer my reo's unchipped, but I think this is a great idea. It would please those who want to "chip it" and allows them to buy (and maintain) the chips in the mod themselves .

Was it just me, or did one of the resin reo pics look like it was set up to have a chip installed?

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
My "regulated" mods era ended over a year ago with the ProVari's that I unceremoniously put all of out of sight and out of mind never to be revisited again. It was back to mech mods only with enough GP gear bought to outfit an 11 man army. Their run was just 3 months though... pretty much ended when I bought my first Reo 9+ months ago, ended for good soon after. While I do have one VV Grand (just got a clean bill of health at the Spa), at this point a new regulated Reo model does not appeal to me at all.
The new mech Woodvil's are already my fav 3 Reos (and the other 17 have been in the grandstand just watching more often than not). Even sold my first mod ever this morning, one of my older Woodvil's. Might be a new trend developing, actually selling/trading away a truck load of unused mods/toppers, spares & supplies I will never use. Nah, I hate going to the PO to ship. :nah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread