Macomb, MI, USA
2015-06-13 23.24.24.jpg
2015-06-13 23.25.37.jpg

EZinTN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2014
Johnson City, TN
Nice wood! Don't care for the skinny old school rdas though. To each his own. Other than a few atomics, including the rm4 I got with my Grand (which lacks 2mm from flush mounting on my Woodville), I'm 22mm all the way. Can't build like I like to on 14 - 18 mm attys. And 22 is the current standard - it's what most new and innovative rdas are. It wasn't that long ago people building below one ohm were considered crazy...

Reactions: Fishcakes

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I hear the :censored: fits the 22mm attys and it's centered.. if you want to wait for it and at a starting price of $400!!! More depending on finish and other custom options.. oh and a regulated version costs $500! Haha..

If people are paying that then they will pay a couple hundred less for a reo regulated resin kit.
This post IMO, is offending to myself and fellow Reonauts... You do realize this sub-forum is paid for by Rob, right? If you want to talk about that overpriced high school shop class project, maybe you should do it in his forum!!!

Please be courteous to Rob and other Reonauts and edit your post and delete any mention of the overpriced high school shop class project.....

Last edited:

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
This post IMO, is offending to myself and fellow Reonauts... You do realize this sub-forum is paid for by Rob, right? If you want to talk about that overpriced high school shop class project, maybe you should do it in his forum!!!

Please be courteous to Rob and other Reonauts and edit your post and delete any mention of the overpriced high school shop class project.....

There I've changed the name but now you'll have to edit your quote.

EZinTN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2014
Johnson City, TN
I don't think this is the place to discuss - or slam - anyone else's product. This thread is
Expanding the REO product line. The evolution of Rob's babies has recently focused on better accommodating 22mm attys and being able to adjust the 510 connector, so I threw in my 0.02 in regard to that (edited btw), particularly regarding the Woods. And I have nothing against 18s, they're just not what I build or vape. You can find pictures of skateboards that are stunning, but I'm not going to drive one to work (although I was known to around 29 years ago).

Reactions: resqx

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
2015-06-14 12.37.38.jpg
These smaller attys would give you everything you want.

Cyclone dual coil with 30 gage 7 wrap 2.5mm .9ohm afc adjusted to small size. Killer deep sweet flavor (flavorless!).

Rm4 with twisted 26 gage. Barely fits in the holes in the posts. Single post I believe 2.5mm coil at .62ohms. Afc wide open Extreme vapor! Can't take too many hits of that before nic overload.

2015-06-14 12.39.14.jpg
2015-06-14 12.36.35.jpg

I guess we need some videos promoting these and more smaller rda.

New 22mm attys that are originally made for tube mods get all the love even though it seems bottom fed devices are finally wining over people..

I guess atty manufacturers like building at a certain format that they feel is universal. So damn bottom fed devices trying to be a small and pocket friendly as possable! Now we gota go backwards and make them larger.

At any rate.. Rob did mention long ago thst the next run of woodvils would be without the brass and just the solid stainless 510. So there would be a way for him to center the 510 but rhe 22mm would overhang on the door more but not overhang the side of the mod.

Last edited:
Reactions: EZinTN

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I hear a certain (reveiwer) huge former reo supporter thinks there high end mods. Me i think it's a step backwards and has no spring for safety and uses 2 screws to hold it together.

High end price dont mean high end mod.
.....and he does it outside of the Reo forum, (out of respect for Rob and fellow Reonauts),!!!

Reactions: Walter Ego

EZinTN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2014
Johnson City, TN
View attachment 464143 These smaller attys would give you everything you want.

Cyclone dual coil with 30 gage 7 wrap 2.5mm .9ohm afc adjusted to small size. Killer deep sweet flavor (flavorless!).

Rm4 with twisted 26 gage. Barely fits in the holes in the posts. Single post I believe 2.5mm coil at .62ohms. Afc wide open Extreme vapor! Can't take too many hits of that before nic overload.

View attachment 464141 View attachment 464142

I guess we need some videos promoting these and more smaller rda.

New 22mm attys that are originally made for tube mods get all the love even though it seems bottom fed devices are finally wining over people..

I guess atty manufacturers like building at a certain format that they feel is universal. So damn bottom fed devices trying to be a small and pocket friendly as possable! Now we gota go backwards and make them larger.

At any rate.. Rob did mention long ago thst the next run of woodvils would be without the brass and just the solid stainless 510. So there would be a way for him to center the 510 but rhe 22mm would overhang on the door more but not overhang the side of the mod.

Nice builds. I've got tri-twisted 29g dual build in my rm4, .3 ohms which is a bit low for me generally. And it's been sitting in there on the stand for a couple of months because I prefer my 22s. And I have 3 other Atomic clones, destroyed one of them last year when a Panzer auto-fired on me. My Woodville(s) are the latest run. Centering the 510 wouldn't just block the door, there's not enough meat there to support centering, that's why I suggested making them 0.375" taller, and leaving the door the same size - the top of the body would be the full width of the mod, allowing the 510 to be centered and eliminating the door seam at the top. If you're running 22s the atty blocks the door from sliding up, so there is really nothing lost, just better aesthetics and function (for 22s). With my 510 adjusted to the deepest and the RM4's center pin all the way up I still lack 2mm from flushing, the extra wood would also allow for a deeper (spring loaded if possible) 510. They could even have a 22mm 510, eliminating scratching or scorching the mod. Think I might build something like this myself if I can find the time in a couple of months. Btw, my Woodville is my all time favorite mod, and my Grand is #2.

Reactions: RuDawg7890

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Yo steam bro, I am not a "former" REO supporter nor am I a reviewer.

I am a REOnaut. Many many REOnauts have other mods. I've tried one other that did not work out for me but also happen to dig one other type of mod cause they are metal. It's all good. Like I said, many REOnauts have other stuff too. I run attys that Rob doesn't sell too and he don't care about that either.

I will ALWAYS have REOs and always have nothing but love for Rob and REOvil.

And me, a reviewer? Not. I have reviewed products like the coil master at the request of them, but I make videos out of passion and love of the game on products and methods I find effective. The methods evolve and yes I have a couple of different mods but I really prefer not to be labeled a reviewer.

I've turned down more review requests than I've done reviews because I don't want to deviate from my roots as a squonker and RDA user.

That's all folks, I'll get back to rockin hard on my 4 killer LP grands and 2 other mods now :)

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Unicorns and rainbows folks no need for anyone to get red in the face . There is always room for improvement I always tried to improve the mods and I will continue to do so . As far as centering the 510 in a woodvil its set up to line up with the feed system it kinda has to be that way or it would cause problem with the bottle .

The goal has always been to keep the mods as small as possible in the past it seems that is changing because of the 40 pound atomizers .
I will be making a mod that will accommodate these type of atomizers the top of the mod will be flat even though it wont look like a reo anymore kinda bums me out I love the look of the reo design .

I could put out a new mod every three weeks and people would still want more its just the way it is . Ether I keep the dust off my shoes or sink into the abyss .

I can never make everyone happy I accepted that some time ago . If I can make most of them happy I am cool with that . Enjoy the day :)

DoubleDZA

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2014
South Africa
... and rest assured, Rob - you have made us all so very happy. :toast:

+1

Happy is a understatement, I am content. The Reo Grand is the only product I have ever felt the need to thank the creator for....
Okay there's John Montagu fourth Earl of Sandwich as well, if he was around I'd thank him too, who doesn't love sandwiches but I digrees.....
Rob what you've created here is a wonderful thing, I appreciate you for it, thank you :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread