ukkhtop.gif

:lol:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Retired, I know I asked before but didn't see an answer to it, but may have just missed it. It seems that with links, the ones that go to a site other than ECF open in a new tab just by clicking them, but ones that go to another place on ECF, don't, they only open in that tab unless you tell them to open in a new tab by right clicking. I know this was a pet peeve of yours too, so was wondering if there was any way to make the ECF links open automatically in a new tab. Still bein worked on, or no dice?

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Retired, I know I asked before but didn't see an answer to it, but may have just missed it. It seems that with links, the ones that go to a site other than ECF open in a new tab just by clicking them, but ones that go to another place on ECF, don't, they only open in that tab unless you tell them to open in a new tab by right clicking. I know this was a pet peeve of yours too, so was wondering if there was any way to make the ECF links open automatically in a new tab. Still bein worked on, or no dice?

That is the defacto standard for most websites now... for what it's worth... I'd hate to see them alter it here myself since that is how it is expected to behave, then ECF would be one of the few that did it differently.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
That is the defacto standard for most websites now... for what it's worth... I'd hate to see them alter it here myself since that is how it is expected to behave, then ECF would be one of the few that did it differently.
Yeah... better to just get in the habit of right-clicking and opening in new tab.

Reactions: tiburonfirst

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas

Who says we have to do what everyone else does? :D

I hate links not opening in a new tab. Hate it, hate it, hate it. Therefore, I shall explore a way to fix that behavior. :lol:

It's GOOD to be the king!

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok

I hate links not opening in a new tab. Hate it, hate it, hate it. Therefore, I shall explore a way to fix that behavior. :lol:

No one says you have to be smart and follow how the rest of the world does it, making others do it your way instead :lol:

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010

go to it! :laugh: and while you're at it could you please do something about that 30 second interval required between postings, please?
wink.gif

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011

hHYYbSg.jpg

giving-thumbs-up-winking-smiley-emoticon.gif

AND - In all honesty . . . Is there any other way . . . ;)

"My" Way - Is always the only right way for "Me" . . .

myspace_love_quotes151.gif

spointing_down_right-hand_100-100.gif

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
go to it! :laugh: and while you're at it could you please do something about that 30 second interval required between postings, please?
proxy.php

That would be really nice . . . :thumbs:

BTW: A new issue that happens periodically that "You" may want to know about, there have been a few times that there is no notification = "Alert" when someone has quoted a post . . . :)

Reactions: Debadoo

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011

Yeah man! I agree 100%. God has spoken (or should I say King) and his will shall be done. I hope.

Reactions: gerrymi

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
No one says you have to be smart and follow how the rest of the world does it, making others do it your way instead :lol:

Exactly my philosophy about switching my mouse buttons. If someone is going to sit here and use my computer, they're going to click MY way! My husband got so used to it, he set up his that way too. :D

Andria

Reactions: Debadoo

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood

wink.gif
agreed!!

Certainly. Will one minute suffice? :lol:

at first i didn't think so, deb, but i've now changed my mind!
proxy.php
I knew you'd see it my way!

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
You could not restore The Dollar-a-Day forum here We can resume | E-Cigarette Forum It contains some good advice, which we have lost. I see several compromises. Probably the best would be for someone to write a synopsis and post it in that forum, so we can link to it in its companion thread, or on related threads. If you could give me access to the content of the original forum, I could do the condensation, if you do not have the time.

Whatever is best and most convenient would be much appreciated, even though the board aura is becoming more friendly to budgeters.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
We've lost some stories and writings from members who have passed with a social forum as well, and were assured that these would carry over because I asked specifically about that. These are things that are devastating to lose, and really hope that an extra mile or so can be walked to see about getting these back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread