Status
Not open for further replies.

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
Unicorns and rainbows folks no need for anyone to get red in the face . There is always room for improvement I always tried to improve the mods and I will continue to do so . As far as centering the 510 in a woodvil its set up to line up with the feed system it kinda has to be that way or it would cause problem with the bottle .

The goal has always been to keep the mods as small as possible in the past it seems that is changing because of the 40 pound atomizers .
I will be making a mod that will accommodate these type of atomizers the top of the mod will be flat even though it wont look like a reo anymore kinda bums me out I love the look of the reo design .

I could put out a new mod every three weeks and people would still want more its just the way it is . Ether I keep the dust off my shoes or sink into the abyss .

I can never make everyone happy I accepted that some time ago . If I can make most of them happy I am cool with that . Enjoy the day :)

Rob, you sure made me a happy camper using the Reo Grand -- the way it is right now! When I first called you about the Reo Grand almost a year ago, I was concerned about using Mechanical Mod over using VV and VW.

You were right when you told me , .."You won't need VV or VW once you learn how to adjust your coils to accommodate the juice and battery". :)

It's a different world, yet a more RELIABLE World at that.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Rob, you sure made me a happy camper using the Reo Grand -- the way it is right now! When I first called you about the Reo Grand almost a year ago, I was concerned about using Mechanical Mod over using VV and VW.

You were right when you told me , .."You won't need VV or VW once you learn how to adjust your coils to accommodate the juice and battery". :)

It's a different world, yet a more RELIABLE World at that.
I came to REOville as a total fan of regulated devices. At first impression I kept thinking, if this was regulated it would be perfect...then I began using them on a daily basis and very soon it dawned on me just how perfect the REO is. The pure and elegant simplicity of Robs design is genius. It amazes me every time I give one a thorough wash and hot water rinse, dry it off, and slap a fresh bottle and battery in it and start vaping again. Having the ability to stockpile a few parts and have the piece of mind that I can keep them rocking for years to come gives me great comfort. I don't think I would feel the same if there was a chip on board...

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
When I dropped Chewie, I was more concerned about the paint, and revamped RM2 being messed up. ;) IF I had to constantly worry about a chip or electronics going out, I'd give it up.

20150613_065905a.jpg

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Nothing wrong with a chipped mod I ran a vv grand for a long time and enjoyed it . I did go through a couple chips in that time though and I am not hard on mods . As a mod builder it can be a nightmare as a consumer it can be problematic as well . Its a roll of the dice thing some of the chips lasted for along time no problems . There was no rime or reason to it ether some of them were abused and lasted others were babied and just died . I cant tell you how many I had that were dead on arrival.
I had customers that were customers of mine for years running mechanical reos with no problems . They would get extremely angry and with me even though it had nothing to do with me I had no control over the chip in the mod .
I am not saying all chip manufactures will have this issue .
I did order a couple dna boards to play with I want to offer a kit for the diy guys . I will make one for my dad he loves his vv grand but his son is a mod builder so when it dies he just drops one of the three vv grands off to be repaired Not a bad deal for him chip dies drop it off and pick it up in a couple of days .
Not so nice when you get a bill for the chip and a hours labor

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Below is an example of a review request that I routinely turn down. This is the first one today. I've already responded with a kind "no thank you"

They'll likely be others. Chinese have offered to pay me just to post on ECF and / or review. Um, no thanks.

A "reviewer" would gobble these things up like a rat does cheese.

Just thought I'd throw that in the mix.

But I did receive the coil master V1.3 in the mail yesterday. I ran right down into my basement to video it. Well, not exactly. It's sitting on my desk and the fact that they didn't include a second set of rods for dual coils is still a setback for anyone looking to mount dual coils. As for what they did to it from version 1.2 to 1.3, I guess people can prolly watch a "reviewers" video cause I'm sure there's some up already or they can wait for mine which prolly won't be for atleast 2 weeks :)

And there's a Kuro Koiler on the way. After using turbocads turbowinder, nothing out there even comes close for absolutely perfect coils. But the coil master is more than adequate for 99.9 percent of the population. I'm a freak.

I get requests from legit and well financed American companies too but with careful consideration of my "place" in the vape world, my target audience, where I want to be and principals, I have responded with regret that I am not the guy to review / represent the chipped (non squonking) mod that looks like brass knuckles even though the man appears to be a good dude.

Nope, I'll stick to within my niche and lil bunch of awesome subscribers. Ya'll are what motivates me. Reviewing does not.

This REOnaut with 2 other mods is quite content vaping away with his stuff and if I feel compelled to throw down a vid about an atty, a mod or a coil winder, it's because I wanted to not cause I wanna be a "reviewer"

Now here's bob with the weather :)

image.jpg

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
The way I feel about it; I'm a minimalist, at heart. I don't like 'full dress' Harleys, I like choppers. I did most of my deer hunting with black powder (real black powder, not the synthetic stuff), I like hot rods, I don't like luxury cars. I was horrified when people started putting cotton wicks in genisis RBAs. If it doesn't have ss mesh wick, it ain't a genisis, IMO. For me, a regulated Reo would be like building a hybrid Ferrari.
The Reo is what it is. Reliable, virtually indestructible, totally repairable or rebuildable, and customizable.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
You guys seem to think rob is gona dump the mech reo and make nothing but chipped reos.

It's just an option as there's a market for it or he wouldn't do it period.

I'll prob buy one to play with since it's a reo and I know my friend will want one since she uses a my former vv reo now.

It will only bring more to the reo which is good any day. Eventually they will catch on to the mech reo.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
images

The way I feel about it; I'm a minimalist, at heart. I don't like 'full dress' Harleys, I like choppers. I did most of my deer hunting with black powder (real black powder, not the synthetic stuff), I like hot rods, I don't like luxury cars. I was horrified when people started putting cotton wicks in genisis RBAs. If it doesn't have ss mesh wick, it ain't a genisis, IMO. For me, a regulated Reo would be like building a hybrid Ferrari.
The Reo is what it is. Reliable, virtually indestructible, totally repairable or rebuildable, and customizable.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada

FYI - hybrid ferrari...

ferrari-laferrari-hybrid-640x353.jpg

I think some (most?) folks in here are saying "I wouldn't buy one, they'll break down", while some are saying "innovation means adaptation/evolution" to either stay contemporary or appeal to the masses. Rob is saying "fill your boots, if you want it", which is a balance of all the factors.

How mass market would that be? Prolly not, in the growing 'point and click' vaping world. Buuuuut... how wicked would that be for folks who lack the skills and means of a turbocad?

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com

There are atleast 2 hybrid ferraris - they compete in formula one and are second only to Mercedes who are also running hybrids. Actually, all the teams are. The change was introduced last year. They don't sound the same but they are still no less bad ayuss.

There is also the La Ferrari - 1.5 million dollars worth of hybrid badness. It is a BEAST. check out this vid I did on it (JK - I wish that was me in it)

But I hear you all the way with vaping though bro. I want my normally aspirated v8 mech. Every day, all day :)

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
If we're gonna go big, then lets go big.
  • 2020 Reo Grand with Water Cooling chips and electronic boards.
  • 500 watts of power; Holds 5 18650 for a combined 150 amps.
  • Handles the Spider RBA that produces the incredible Spider Leg coils. (Yes, that's 8 coils)

watercooled-raspberry-pi-computer-3.jpg

:D

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
If we're gonna go big, then lets go big.
  • 2020 Reo Grand with Water Cooling chips and electronic boards.
  • 500 watts of power; Holds 5 18650 for a combined 150 amps.
  • Handles the Spider RBA that produces the incredible Spider Leg coils. (Yes, that's 8 coils)

View attachment 464559

:D

Nice idea! The desk vapor!

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Ok...the hybrid Ferrari was a bad example. But to me, a 'real' Ferrari has a V12 under the hood. I didn't even like it when they started making V8s.

Actually, I thought it was a great example, as was the automatic transmission back in the day. Not for everyone, certainly not the purist even today.

In the future we might be talking about 'real' (i.e., mech) Reos. As long as Rob continues to make those (and he will), you're golden. Me, too, BTW. No interest in reg devices, personally... but then I drive a non-hybrid 6-speed. :)

S'all good, I suppose.

Now, if all these kids would just get off my lawn...

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
Nothing wrong with a chipped mod I ran a vv grand for a long time and enjoyed it . I did go through a couple chips in that time though and I am not hard on mods . As a mod builder it can be a nightmare as a consumer it can be problematic as well . Its a roll of the dice thing some of the chips lasted for along time no problems . There was no rime or reason to it ether some of them were abused and lasted others were babied and just died . I cant tell you how many I had that were dead on arrival.
I had customers that were customers of mine for years running mechanical reos with no problems . They would get extremely angry and with me even though it had nothing to do with me I had no control over the chip in the mod .
I am not saying all chip manufactures will have this issue .
I did order a couple dna boards to play with I want to offer a kit for the diy guys . I will make one for my dad he loves his vv grand but his son is a mod builder so when it dies he just drops one of the three vv grands off to be repaired Not a bad deal for him chip dies drop it off and pick it up in a couple of days .
Not so nice when you get a bill for the chip and a hours labor

FYI, Rob

Just in case you didn't know, Evolv is getting ready to release a new chip in a week or so. It will be all new with different dimensions and different battery requirements. So don't waste too much time as the current dna boards will be obsolete very soon.

Just another example of the problems involved in making a regulated Reo.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
FYI, Rob

Just in case you didn't know, Evolv is getting ready to release a new chip in a week or so. It will be all new with different dimensions and different battery requirements. So don't waste too much time as the current dna boards will be obsolete very soon.

Just another example of the problems involved in making a regulated Reo.

Just make the spot big enough to be universal for whatever chip someone wants to use... or just buy the newest model reo later to fit it hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread