retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Please forgive me if this has been covered but how would I find out who might be "following" me so I could follow them back? I don't want to be rude! :tumble:Thank you!

Go to your profile page: Puff2K | E-Cigarette Forum

Left column shows who's following you.

Reactions: Puff2K

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Thank you but I'm using the forum in my mobile browser? Does it still show there because I couldn't see.

I found it with the link you provided! Thank you. :)

It does on the browser I use in the mode I've selected... I'm using Chrome on my Android smartphone and have it set to show the full site and not the mobile version...

Who knows about what you are using or how you have it setup if you don't tell them

Reactions: Puff2K

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
It does on the browser I use in the mode I've selected... I'm using Chrome on my Android smartphone and have it set to show the full site and not the mobile version...

Who knows about what you are using or how you have it setup if you don't tell them
It works in the mobile browser too. Thanks.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
How do we put something like this on someone's profile page? I copy the image, but it doesn't paste in the text box there like it does here.

images

Reactions: Burnie

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
How do we put something like this on someone's profile page? I copy the image, but it doesn't paste in the text box there like it does here.

If all else fails - using BB Code should work . . .

[IMG . . . ] . . . . Insert Internet Address Of Image Here . . . [ . . . /IMG]

After removing all spaces, periods, and instructions between brackets image should be able to be posted to profile page . . . Hope this helps . . . ;)

Reactions: Cool_Breeze

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
There's a character limit on profile posts. No way around it other than to find an image that has a shorter URL.

If you want to use that particular image, save it to imgur and use that URL instead.
but you can do it with the bb code that uncle posted? I don't have imgur, but I did try that particular one from my photobucket, that was the shorter one I tried, will try it in a different message without the wording I used. Thanks

ETA: well no, it posted, but posted just with the generic image box thing when they don't work

ETAA: Ok......got it to work, copied image from PB after I clicked on it, then pasted it and it worked. thanks for y'alls help

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Nice to know that imgur has much shorter urls. I've just learned how to do this with pb and loaded over 1,000 smileys there, so not up for a move at the moment. Just learned last night about symbaloo which is what a friend uses for hers, so thinking about that, but need to learn more about it. My shoulder and arm hurt just from thinking about moving all those smilies anywhere. I know you like imgur, now I know at least one reason why :) dunno if you saw it but I did add another eta saying I did get it to work in a separate message on her page from PB

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
tried a couple of them, one was real long, the other was shorter, but it gave an error both times saying I couldn't use more than 420 characters. Thanks though. I hope we can still do these.
I dunno if Yahoo! does it too, but Google's been doing SSL Search (encrypted), so when you copy the link address from thumbnails or preview windows, you're most likely copying the encrypted version of the image's URL - that's why it's so long. Just go that one step further (click on "Visit Page" or "View Image") and copy the link address from there.

It doesn't happen to me all the time. Sometimes all I've wanted was a thumbnail and it let me copy it. Have no idea how all that stuff works. :confused:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I have a question about finding old posts--either by keyword or by username. The old platform had this nifty "search in ascending order" function that let us start the search from the very end, as in the very first mention of the word (or user's oldest post). I can't find it here. Any tips?

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I have a question about finding old posts--either by keyword or by username. The old platform had this nifty "search in ascending order" function that let us start the search from the very end, as in the very first mention of the word (or user's oldest post). I can't find it here. Any tips?

Unfortunately, that isn't an option for this search engine.

Reactions: Katya

crystalluv545

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Staten Island NY
Almost forgot a really IMPORTANT one. How to log in once we make the switch!!

It's really pretty simple!

Look for the Login button at the very top right corner of the screen.

wpl0QtD.png

You'll then be presented with the login screen.

D2qt0Xb.png

Make sure the question Do you already have an account? is set to yes, my password is

Type in your username and password (don't forget to check the "Stay logged in" box!) and you're logged in!

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
Probably gonna get crucified for saying this and it obviously doesn't effect me currently, but IMO i don't think its 'fair' for supporting members to have to see the AD's and i genuinely hope they rethink it/are able to turn them off for supporting members in the future.

Just revisited with my ad blocker turned off. Ads still there for this paying member. So, what are the benefits to being a supporting member? Oh yea, morning greetings with free coffee and breakfast in an exclusive chat thread.

Thinkin'...
Thinkin'...
Thinkin'...

OK. Since I will never click on one of those ads, ECF will not get any click-thru revenue from me. And because ECF is still the best resource for vapers at all levels of experience, I will renew my support when the time comes.

Sorry for reviving an old thread, just typing out loud here.

Adblocker - ACTIVATE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread