Wife has turned on me. Need best 2 pieces of pro-vape/nic science.

Status
Not open for further replies.

redddog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2012
Rochester, NY
So, she used to be supportive. But she always said "you can do it until they prove it's harmful."

She'd been pretty good about it outside of openly hating any flavor I vape. I don't understand the "eww. what is that? Cinamon Danish?! Ewww!" I mean, who the hell hates the smell of cinamon danishes? It was clear from the begining that she was only saying that to show her displeasure at vaping in general and not really the vapor.

At any rate, a friend of ours who vapes just got pregnant and she stopped vaping. My wife goes over to their place for a swim and our friend basically convinced my wife that I need to stop. Now my wife, who was giving in slowly to the little "Today Show" anti-vape puff-pieces that say "we just don't know," is now a full-blown antz member saying things like "you're an addict" etc. She won't listen to anything I tell her so I'll have to show her something convincing. It also has to be concise and to the point.

I know there's a lot out there but wondered if y'all could point me to one or two concise, irrefutable pro-vape studies regarding vape saftey and nic health effects as a last resort? She's a little pit-bull and will not stop until I give up vaping entirely. All under the justification that "I love you and I can't watch you do something that's unhealthy."

The comedy is that I only do it at night when she goes to bed for maybe 15 minutes. 3 mg nic and probably .5 to1.5 mls a day.

Thanks all.

Last edited:

NoFumus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2015
St. Paul, Minnesota
I know there's a lot out there but wondered if y'all could point me to one or two concise, irrefutable pro-vape studies regarding vape saftey and nic health effects as a last resort?

There's some good science from the Ecig Summit.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Like Boden said, I don't think anything you show her will change her mind about vaping, She has decided that she does not like it, it is not healthy and you need to stop. No documented evidence will sway her from this. Myself I would take a more actionable approach and go buy some stinky cheap cigars and light one up in the same room, then when she goes ballistic, say but honey you wanted me to quit vaping, cigars are not to be inhaled so they should be healthier than cigarettes. Let her find an argument for that. I bet she will shut up about the vaping or she will leave you and file for divorce:cry: or she will like the smells of the cigars:-x
If you want to be a peacekeeper, then just stealth vape. Not my style in my own home but then again I am single.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Simple solution....

Document everything that she eats. Then explain to her the dangers of sugars, fats, processed foods, every little health related issue you can find with any food that she buys and consumes. Then tell her you'll stop vaping just as soon as she gives up this unhealthy lifestyle of hers and only eats healthy and exercises regularly.

And tell her this as you eat a cookie.

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
This can easily be looked up even though I don't have a site to quote. Nicotine is a blood thinner. I am a heart attack patient. I take a blood thinner in pill form every morning and have the consent from both my primary care doctor and my cardiologist to vape. My wife knows this for a fact and helps me convince others, including people in her family, that it's an extremely much safer alternative to smoking.

I liked the idea from puffon about walking in with a pack of smokes but you could turn it up one more notch and have a big, nasty hunk of chew in your cheek with a spit cup. I'm betting that the vapor will look really good after hearing you hock in a cup for an hour.

redddog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2012
Rochester, NY
Simple solution....

Document everything that she eats. Then explain to her the dangers of sugars, fats, processed foods, every little health related issue you can find with any food that she buys and consumes. Then tell her you'll stop vaping just as soon as she gives up this unhealthy lifestyle of hers and only eats healthy and exercises regularly.

And tell her this as you eat a cookie.

She is the healthiest eater I have ever even heard of. Does circuit training 4 times a week. Not an ounce of fat on her. I don't think she's had sugar in about 8 years.

Really annoying.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
She is the healthiest eater I have ever even heard of. Does circuit training 4 times a week. Not an ounce of fat on her. I don't think she's had sugar in about 8 years.

Really annoying.

So basically you married a health freak.

Good luck with that.

jpargana

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
Portugal
Ah well :)

Electronic cigarette aerosol contains 6 times LESS formaldehyde than tobacco cigarette smoke
E-cigarette aerosol contains 6 times LESS formaldehyde than tobacco cigarette smoke
Norwegian national TV reports that yesterday's scaremongering was... scaremongering
The vaping giraffe: Norwegian national TV reports that yesterday's scaremongering was... scaremongering
Formaldehyde release in e-cigarette vapor - The New York Times story explained in detail
Formaldehyde release in ecigarette vapor The New York Times story explained in detail
Electronic cigarettes: fact and faction
Electronic cigarettes: fact and faction | British Journal of General Practice
The Ultimate List of E-Cig Studies: Are E-Cigs Actually Safe? *Updated 2/16/14
The Ultimate List of E-Cig Studies: Are E-Cigs Actually Safe? *Updated 2/16/14 - onVaping
Glimpses Through The Mist
Glimpses Through The Mist
New Study Shows A Majority Of Doctors Support E-Cigarettes
New Study Shows A Majority Of Doctors Support E-Cigarettes
Professor Riccardo Polosa Debunks Common Myths About Electronic Cigarettes
Professor Riccardo Polosa Debunks Common Myths About Electronic Cigarettes - ChurnMag
Scientific evidence clearly indicates e-cigarettes are considerably less harmful than tobacco cigarettes
Scientific evidence clearly indicates e-cigarettes are considerably less harmful than tobacco cigarettes | The BMJ
Stop demonising a potentially useful product for smokers
Stop demonising a potentially useful product for smokers | Comment | Pharmaceutical Journal
World Famous Cardiologists Give Public Defense of Ecigs
World Famous Cardiologists Give Public Defense of Ecigs
E-cigarettes: harmless inhaled or exhaled
Ecigarette mist harmless, inhaled or exhaled
A new study verifies the lower risk-potential of e-cigarettes but identifies an avoidable risk
A new study verifies the lower risk-potential of e-cigarettes but identifies an avoidable risk
Study: E-Cigarettes Have No Adverse Effect on Acute Heart Function
Study: E-Cigarettes Have No Adverse Effect on Acute Heart Function
Electronic Cigarettes A Safer Option For Smokers
Electronic Cigarettes A Safer Option For Smokers - Lee's Summit Tribune - Lee's Summit News
E-Cigarettes rejuvenate tobacco smoker’s lungs: leaked study
http://www.vapemonitor.com/2014/09/03/e-cigarettes-rejuvenate-tobacco-smokers-lungs-leaked-study/
Why Your Dinner Could Be More Toxic Than Your E-Cig
Why Your Dinner Could Be More Toxic Than Your E-Cig - ChurnMag
5 Famous Health Experts Who Endorse E-Cigarettes
http://genecigs.com.au/5-famous-health-experts-who-endorse-e-cigarettes
5 More Scientists Who Support Vaping
http://genecigs.com.au/5-more-scientists-who-support-vaping
Doctor reports “Using electronic cigarettes as dangerous as fruits, vegetables and fish”
Doctor reports "Using electronic cigarettes as dangerous as fruits, vegetables and fish" - Canadavapes
First study to demonstrate improvements in smoking asthma patients after switching to e-cigarette use
First study to demonstrate improvements in smoking asthma patients after switching to e-cigarette use
Effect of Smoking Abstinence and Reduction in Asthmatic Smokers Switching to Electronic Cigarettes: Evidence for Harm Reversal
IJERPH | Free Full-Text | Effect of Smoking Abstinence and Reduction in Asthmatic Smokers Switching to Electronic Cigarettes: Evidence for Harm Reversal
Prof. Jean-Francois Etter Interview: Long-Term Vaping is Not a Public Health Problem
Interview with Professor Jean-Francois Etter on Long-Term Vaping
Top 20 Rebuttals to Win an E-Cigarette Debate
Top 20 Rebuttals to Win an E-Cigarette Debate - EcigaretteReviewed
Typical Vapor Content of an Electronic Cigarette
Vapor Content of Electronic Cigarettes and E-Liquid
And of course, there's also the junk science part. The one your wife seems to be listening to:

German Cancer Research Center Lies about Health Effects of Electronic Cigarettes to Scare Users and Unfairly Influence EU Directive
The Rest of the Story: Tobacco News Analysis and Commentary: German Cancer Research Center Lies about Health Effects of Electronic Cigarettes to Scare Users and Unfairly Influence EU Directive
More of the same from Stanton Glantz – a specious arguement about vapour and smoke equivalence
http://www.ecita.org.uk/blog/index....arguement-about-vapour-and-smoke-equivalence/
E-cigarettes new target of junk science
E-cigarettes new target of junk science
Junk scientists wanted
Velvet Glove, Iron Fist: Junk scientists wanted
The Black Lung Lie
The Black Lung Lie | Frank Davis

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
I'm so sorry t hear about your pending divorce. Lol! But seriously. My ol' lady HATES and I mean HATES the fact that I vape. She witches about it constantly as she sucks down a pack of Misty's a day. The best advice I can offer you is to go to the cabinet and find all of her favorite foods. Look at the ingredients list. Find anything that she loves to eat that contains propylene glycol , vegetable glyceryn, or artificial flavors. Start throwing them in the trash can. When she asks you WTH you are doing, say something to the effect of "These things all contain the same things that are in my e-juice. If they are unhealthy, we need to get rid of them. I can't stand to watch you eat anything that is so dangerous to you, honey." You may want to install a bomb shelter in the basement first, but it should get the point across.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
This may sound harsh but it sounds to me like you have allowed someone else to have complete control of YOUR life. If she loved you, truly loved you, instead of wanting to control you, she would allow you to be you.

Pardon me but I am just an old lady that just doesn't understand this mentality.

Nivek13

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2015
Chicago,IL
I don't know man, like others said, are you an ex-smoker?? The reason i ask this is i personally would never recommend vaping to anyone who is not trying to quit smoking. If you just started vaping and were not a smoker i see her point. There is no way you can convince me that vaping is healthy, but there is also no way you can convince me that vaping is anywere NEAR as unhealthy as smoking.

Nivek13

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2015
Chicago,IL
This may sound harsh but it sounds to me like you have allowed someone else to have complete control of YOUR life. If she loved you, truly loved you, instead of wanting to control you, she would allow you to be you.

Pardon me but I am just an old lady that just doesn't understand this mentality.

I also agree with this to an extent but didn't want to say it....

Nivek13

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2015
Chicago,IL
I'm so sorry t hear about your pending divorce. Lol! But seriously. My ol' lady HATES and I mean HATES the fact that I vape. She witches about it constantly as she sucks down a pack of Misty's a day. The best advice I can offer you is to go to the cabinet and find all of her favorite foods. Look at the ingredients list. Find anything that she loves to eat that contains propylene glycol , vegetable glyceryn, or artificial flavors. Start throwing them in the trash can. When she asks you WTH you are doing, say something to the effect of "These things all contain the same things that are in my e-juice. If they are unhealthy, we need to get rid of them. I can't stand to watch you eat anything that is so dangerous to you, honey." You may want to install a bomb shelter in the basement first, but it should get the point across.

And dont do this onless you really do want a divorce lol

Reactions: Hans Wermhat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread