Question for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmaBob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sir Lawrence....
I would like to know if I were to order a custom color LS could you leave a patch or line of unpainted metal down the backside (opposite the switch) so I could have the custom color and complete the circuit by touching anywhere on the back that I wanted
Thanks
Bob

Sir_Lawrence

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2009
Maryland
vapormoon.com
Sir Lawrence....
I would like to know if I were to order a custom color LS could you leave a patch or line of unpainted metal down the backside (opposite the switch) so I could have the custom color and complete the circuit by touching anywhere on the back that I wanted
Thanks
Bob
I could do that, but do you think that would look good? I could also do a small round or square patch just opposite the touch sensor. If you use metal drip tips, you don't need to touch any cap since your lips do when you vape, you just touch the sensor and the tip with your lips... pretty cool.

Sir_Lawrence

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2009
Maryland
vapormoon.com
Are Anodized Dripper Tips OK??

Bob
To tell you the truth, I'm not sure. I know that anodizing usually stops electrical current, but I'm not sure how long they anodize the tips. I would go onto our main thread, or the experts section and put out that question. I just use regular metal shiny tips, and they work great...

Ma'am

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
Florida
I hold my Saber like I would hold a very small flashlight, my fingers cradled against it resting in my palm. In that position, it is perfectly lined up to use my thumb to activate the switch.

The bottom cap is touching my palm and my pinky finger, and I have small hands. Don't have to think about having to touch my Saber anywhere for it to work just holding it naturally.

Nyxie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Port Richey, Fl.
Ive used a metal drip tip on my saber 5v (black powdercoat), and its true you dont have to make contact with the brass endcaps. BUT I don't think it's anywhere near as strong of a hit than if you were to make contact with an endcap. I use the plastic tips from cov and love it :)

I just got a metal drip tip in the mail today and tried it. I think mine is the same hit, either way.

My hubby stole my Purple ST and is using cartos on them still sucking on it like it is a 510 battery. I told him to try a drip tip and regular atty, because he is going to be sucking burned filler the way he is using it. He liked that alot. Then he said SL should make the contact in the mouthpiece so that you dont have to touch anything LOL. I guess it is a good idea but I don't know how that would be accomplished.

tazzmann

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
Ive used a metal drip tip on my saber 5v (black powdercoat), and its true you dont have to make contact with the brass endcaps. BUT I don't think it's anywhere near as strong of a hit than if you were to make contact with an endcap. I use the plastic tips from cov and love it :)

Cool. Thanks VRubin! I use Delrin dript tips from Super T and love them, but was thinking of getting some Stainless. Now, I think I will. :D

Sir_Lawrence

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2009
Maryland
vapormoon.com
I just got a metal drip tip in the mail today and tried it. I think mine is the same hit, either way.

My hubby stole my Purple ST and is using cartos on them still sucking on it like it is a 510 battery. I told him to try a drip tip and regular atty, because he is going to be sucking burned filler the way he is using it. He liked that alot. Then he said SL should make the contact in the mouthpiece so that you dont have to touch anything LOL. I guess it is a good idea but I don't know how that would be accomplished.
The problem with having just the drip tip setting off the ST is the safety issue. I wanted the ST to have 2 points of contact so that it would never go off in your pocket or anywhere else unless you wanted it to. Plus, it would mean that you would "Have" to use metal drip tips. Some people don't like to drip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread