36mg E-liquid.. How much is TOO much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soylantgreen

Feb 24, 2009
Hello, just got my 1st e-cig from Phil @ e-smokeytreats. I've been a heavy 1-2 pack a day guy for almost 20 years. I ordered 36mg liquid since I thought that'd help me quit analogs easier. Been smoking Marlb light 100's for the pask few weeks to get ready for the transition.

My question is this: How will I know when/if I'm over-doing it on the Nicotine?

I've read some of the common symptoms of e-smoking, but I want to know if there's any immediate signs of Nic overdose?

Can I or should I smoke 36mg liquid as if I'm still on analogs?

Any advice I'd appreciate.

Thx.

Rev. Mac

Mar 12, 2009
Wilmington, NC USA
I have been going for 2 weeks now vaping 36mg. Fortunately I have not had any bad side effects. I really does make me feel calm and relaxed. I vape quite a bit in these 2 weeks I have used 2/3rds of a 30ml bottle. I have tried some juice with lesser nic levels but they do not really do it for me. Don't know if this helps, but i think the 36mg affects people differently.

Faethe

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2009
Orlando, Florida
I have been going for 2 weeks now vaping 36mg. Fortunately I have not had any bad side effects. I really does make me feel calm and relaxed. I vape quite a bit in these 2 weeks I have used 2/3rds of a 30ml bottle. I have tried some juice with lesser nic levels but they do not really do it for me. Don't know if this helps, but i think the 36mg affects people differently.

I think it also relates to what you smoked prior to vaping? Like if you smoked unfiltered or very strong cigarettes it's likely 36mg just sails along, or might even be too weak? I smoked Marlboro mediums. If I ever did go to regulars, it messed me up. Lights were too light and regulars too strong.

Possibly why 24mg works for me now?

TheEmperorOfIceCream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2008
London, UK
I've got a couple of bottles of 24mg around, but they're really too strong for me as I tend to vape all day every day. The sweet spot for me is 18mg carts or juice. I think I'm more addicted to the action than the nic, so 36mg would put me on my .... But to answer the OP, you'll know when you hit the wall. Symptoms vary but for me it was increased heartrate.

Emp

Northern Bob

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
Pointe Claire, Quebec
Another approach is to try to match your analog nicotine intake with the juice you buy. I calculated that my average daily nicotine intake with analogs was about 40-45mg. I buy 36% TW juice and mix down to 24% with VG and flavorings. 2ml of that mix gives me a theoretical 48mg per day.
I fill a drip bottle with 15ml (7 days at 2ml) of this mix and watch my intake during the week. If I see I'm overdoing it, I cut back. It's working so far but each to his own method.

NB

Northern Bob

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
Pointe Claire, Quebec
First, you need to read the side of the Doral pack for the nic content per cig. My Export A's were listed as 1.0-2.3mg. I assumed that 2.3 was if you smoked it down to the filter and took 2.0mg as my mark.

2mg X 23 cigs (my daily average) was 46mg of potential nicotine. I say potential because that amount assumes 100% of the nicotine was absorbed which it is not.

At least this gave me a ballpark figure to work with and it seems to satisfy me without any symptoms yet of overdose.
Your milage may vary.

NB

verhoeven

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
Poplar Grove, IL
Not listed on my US pack of Dorals. But a web search saves “the average smoker takes in 1 to 2 mg of nicotine per cigarette”. So if I smoke 90 cigarettes a day times 2mg of nicotine than I need 180mg of daily nicotine.

So 24mg cart divided into 180 would be 7.5
I would need 7.5 carts a day? Seems like a lot.

Is that right, a 24mg cart will give 24mg total after I use all?

(god i must be an addict)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread