How to clean my ego atomizers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin25

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
North Carolina
Okay so I bought an EGO kit and its amazing. The atomizers that came with the kit are pretty good. I also have a blue, which sucks with their cartridges, but is decent for dripping i guess. I still dont use the blue anymore now that i have my ego.

SO HERES MY QUESTIONs:
whats the best way to clean my ego 510 atty?
How often should i clean it?

Also, I get good hits for a couple after i drip and then i add more, if i dont add more, i still get vapor for a long time but it doesnt taste or feel the same. will i run it dry and still get vapor? how about that burnt taste but still vapor? the burnt taste goes away if i add more juice. hmmmm....

drillbit

Jul 12, 2010
Granbury Texas
i am noticing the same thing with the eGo.
The taste diminishes and the hit seems much lighter after a while of use.
When i try to add more juice the cart only takes 2 drops or so.

i just put in a cart and filler i clean last night. it took about 7-9 drops. Maybe try a new cart?

i believe there is a learning curve to all this and a good deal of trial and error. user preferences, equipment factors, and time all play a part.

Justin25

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
North Carolina
I do the dry burn method once in a blue moon, but usually if the atty starts acting weird (from either a +/- in ohms) that puppy gets kicked to the curb.

Try Highping's cart mod, I use a variation w/ diff. material & get an average of 12-15 drops on an empty cart.

thanks for the info

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
thanks for the info

Suggest not cleaning unless you see a performance drop and then first check for flooding - blowout the atty from the batt end into paper towel. If no joy, then using 151 proof vodka (not isopropyl) - soak for 1/2 hour no more. blow out, few drops on the atomizer bridge and restart.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Suggest not cleaning unless you see a performance drop and then first check for flooding - blowout the atty from the batt end into paper towel. If no joy, then using 151 proof vodka (not isopropyl) - soak for 1/2 hour no more. blow out, few drops on the atomizer bridge and restart.
I can't help but notice that you don't ever mention dry burns when this question comes up...

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I can't help but notice that you don't ever mention dry burns when this question comes up...

One of three 510 attys (regular type) that I've lost came from a dry burn. Immediately went out. There is a procedure, but I don't post it in the new member forum. And I don't think it is as effective of the wetburn or using high proof pga. And I simply don't recommend cleaning as a routine anymore. Most dead attys were killed and most that were killed were merely flooded.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Most dead attys were killed and most that were killed were merely flooded.
I agree with that, and also think a lot of people think they killed their atomizer by cleaning it when they really just didn't let it dry long enough and thought it was no longer working.

But I haven't figured out yet how anyone could kill their atomizer with a dry burn.

I guess maybe that's because I use a 3.7v battery for my dry burns.
I don't even know if it's possible to kill an atomizer doing a 3.7v dry burn.

And yeah, I guess I'm also not talking about LR atomizers either.
:)

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I get most of what you guys are saying but every now and then ya'll throw in an abbreviation that hurts my head. Can you try and spell it out for the newbies out here. Thanks.

Many of the abbreviations are underlined and the word can be seen by hovering over the abbreviation - try this: pga ...and see!

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I agree with that, and also think a lot of people think they killed their atomizer by cleaning it when they really just didn't let it dry long enough and thought it was no longer working.

But I haven't figured out yet how anyone could kill their atomizer with a dry burn.

I guess maybe that's because I use a 3.7v battery for my dry burns.
I don't even know if it's possible to kill an atomizer doing a 3.7v dry burn.

And yeah, I guess I'm also not talking about LR atomizers either.
:)

Just hold on until it burns out. That's what I did :)

Justin25

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
North Carolina
okay guys, i got it. i made a video also, its on my video review website vape.weebly.com but what i do is put tissue into the atomizer and use a can of air and blow it through the hole until the attys dry. works perfect. do it every once in a while and its like replacing your atty. my atty felt clogged until i did that. thanks for everyones input tho.

HexKrak

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Phoenix
okay guys, i got it. i made a video also, its on my video review website vape.weebly.com but what i do is put tissue into the atomizer and use a can of air and blow it through the hole until the attys dry. works perfect. do it every once in a while and its like replacing your atty. my atty felt clogged until i did that. thanks for everyones input tho.

I used to do this, but I noticed that the bitterent they put in the cans of air would leave an unpleasant taste (I have very sensitive taste buds) and it made me wonder if I was vaping some of that nasty stuff. If I had an air compressor I'd definitely use it to blow my atties out every couple days.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I used to do this, but I noticed that the bitterent they put in the cans of air would leave an unpleasant taste (I have very sensitive taste buds) and it made me wonder if I was vaping some of that nasty stuff.
Yeah, many people recommend against the use of canned air for that reason.
But there is no conclusive information that I've seen yet, just speculation.

If you figure ANYTHING is better than smoking a cigarette, no problem I guess.
But when there are ways to dry your atomizer without concern, why used canned air?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread