Status
Not open for further replies.

lctrc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2010
VA
Followup:

Delta leases Terminal 2 in its entirety, therefore they get to set the rules. vaping is allowed.

Terminal 4 is not just Delta, therefore the Port Authority sets the rules. vaping is not allowed.

You can't just go back and forth between the two terminals at will - you need a boarding pass for Terminal 2 to go there. So if you've just come into Terminal 2 with a connecting flight in Terminal 4, once you leave 2 you can't get back.

aaronjudd

Oct 20, 2013
Los Angeles
Confirm (OGG) - Maui

Just got back from Maui, I asked the airport police if I could vape, the officer called the main security office and they said they had no policies against it so feel free to vape. He suggested being polite and not doing in a crowded area, but they have several spots that look like retired smoking lounges. Easy to get away and vape to your hearts content.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I think Las Vegas (LAS) is a vape friendly airport. Just yesterday, I was there with a few hours to kill before my flight departed. I was in the D gates in terminal 1, in their glass smokers booth. I was sitting at a video poker machine next to the glass puffing away on my MVP and playing on my phone. The cashier (the lady who redeems your slot winnings) knocked on the glass to get my attention. I thought she was going to scold me for sitting at a machine and not gambling. Instead she points to my MVP, then puts two fingers to her mouth (universal sign for smoking), then points to the rest of the airport and gives me a thumbs up. Hmmm, I thought. I finish up what I was doing and exit the booth. I ask her if its okay to use an e-cig anywhere in the airport or just certain areas. She said you can use them anywhere. My plane was getting ready to board so I didn't get to test it. But its something to think about for anyone traveling to Las Vegas.

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
I'm not sure when the policy changed, but London Heathrow's website says vaping is permitted within the premises. Not the same for other LON airports though.

Smoking areas | Heathrow

As per your link:
Electronic cigarettes
Passengers are not permitted to use electronic cigarettes within our premises. Where you are intending to carry cigarettes in your hand luggage, please check with your airline to ensure they are allowed on board the aircraft.

So I'm not sure where you got that info from.

kenmuir

Verified Member
Jan 23, 2014
AB, Canada
As per your link:
Electronic cigarettes
Passengers are not permitted to use electronic cigarettes within our premises. Where you are intending to carry cigarettes in your hand luggage, please check with your airline to ensure they are allowed on board the aircraft.

So I'm not sure where you got that info from.

5 September 2015, the Internet Wayback machine captured this:

Electronic cigarettes
Passengers are permitted to use electronic cigarettes within our premises, however, these should not be used beyond the gate area. Where you are intending to carry cigarettes in your hand luggage, please check with your airline to ensure they are allowed on board the aircraft.

They've obviously rescinded that since, because the page now reflects that e-cigs are prohibited.

For the UK lot, both Prestwick and East Midlands have outdoor areas after security - a luxury most airports over here don't have!

Amsterdam is proof that a national smoking ban can have exceptions where air travel is concerned :)

Jet fuel fumes can kill you, even if you live further away from the runway.

[Removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
(ATH) Athens: Confirmed Smoking room on Arrival. Not confirmed for Departure.

(ATH) Athens: I used some overcrowded kiosks for departure, near a cafe, noticed 2-3 of those. Not sure if they are still there though as I went there 3-4 years ago[/QUOTE]

Since the government went broke nobody is paid to harash smokers anymore and the airport is still for sale.

Ohhh... wait a minute, even if a state is bankrupt they will still manage to pay people to harash you. ... Silly, I always forget!

Well done Indianapolis for alienating cig-lovin' travelers! That sucks.

It occurred to me that Newark Terminal C, while fully non-smoking inside, is easy to 'escape' from past security (where all the bars are) and get outside and back in pretty quickly using the least busy security checkpoint, by gates 70-99. There's a door to a partially-covered smoking area, usually inhabited mainly by TSA and Continental staff, close to the bit where you 'escape'. Last time, I made it from ciggie to gate in 5 minutes! I've done this jaunt many times, and only once got ticked off for having 3 or 4 TSA signatures on my boarding pass already! I keep the laces on my shoes loosened to speed thing up too :)

But the air is so clean and refreshing in Northern NJ why would you want to pollute?
Imagine if Dow Corning stopped smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread