Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Koringberg, South Africa
Anybody try the Velocity rda with the bottom fed pin? I have one for a regulated device that's just a dripper, the clones go real cheap and the pin is like $2.99. Wondering about getting another Tobeco Clone Velocity and the pin and running that. I really like the 2 post design without having to pay stumpy prices. Fave rda so far though is RM8, Velocity, Rogue (the rogue I'm not digging so much, really dislike the negative posts design, a real pita to get wire under the screws instead of just slipping it in and tightening it down).
I found the Ivogo clone to be of a better quality, but otherwise identical. Here is some more information: The Velocity Thread | ECIGSSA - Ecig Vape Forum South Africa

Reactions: camerajunkie

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
How do you use these larger RDAs like velocity and hobo in a reo? I got a couple of used reels over the last year and I can only fit a small atty like the RM2 and a couple others the guys sent me. I got a Hobo V3 with a BF pin and THEN I realized that the 510 connection in the reo is sunken. Is there an adapter or something?

I've heard of shaving the reo down. But don't really want to do that. And don't have the tools to do it myself anyway.

Reactions: Robinowitz

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Hopefully others will chime in that use larger attys but I'm thinking you might have gotten some of the older Reos (non-LP's). One of your best options is to send it in to Rob and have 'em "shaved down" and get the new 510 connections while you're at it.

You can PM him here Redeyedancer or send an email thru his website.

Reactions: bsidb

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Anybody try the Velocity RDA with the bottom fed pin? I have one for a regulated device that's just a dripper, the clones go real cheap and the pin is like $2.99. Wondering about getting another Tobeco Clone Velocity and the pin and running that. I really like the 2 post design without having to pay stumpy prices. Fave RDA so far though is RM8, Velocity, Rogue (the rogue I'm not digging so much, really dislike the negative posts design, a real pita to get wire under the screws instead of just slipping it in and tightening it down).
I have a bf velocity clone that I'm currently using on my cREO(until Maggie arrives on Monday). It's a good atty, lots of air if you like that. The bf pin is pretty tall so it doesn't drain, but if you don't over squonk it works well.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Not exactly older models. Just not lp. Rob still makes both.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Good call Un. As I read your comment, I was going on my non LP mini 2.1. Works like a champ. Even when I sent it to the spa to get the new contacts, I didn't have it shaved. Works perfectly fine with my non-LP RM2. (I tend to like the smaller, more flavorful attys).

Reactions: Lessifer

jeenam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
nyc
Disregard post: I found a chart on page 39 from matthee. For anyone else looking, Check page 39.

Haven't checked the forums in ages but noticed Rob had a bunch of new RBA's on his site. The table on the first page of this thread no longer renders properly since they migrated the forum to a new look. Can someone familiar with the thread please link to a post or posts that summarize which of the new RBA's are compatible with the Reo Mini 2.1? I'm still using a pair of hornets on my Mini 2.1's, but am curious about the newer options.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Matthee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Koringberg, South Africa
Disregard post: I found a chart on page 39 from matthee. For anyone else looking, Check page 39.

Haven't checked the forums in ages but noticed Rob had a bunch of new RBA's on his site. The table on the first page of this thread no longer renders properly since they migrated the forum to a new look. Can someone familiar with the thread please link to a post or posts that summarize which of the new RBA's are compatible with the Reo Mini 2.1? I'm still using a pair of hornets on my Mini 2.1's, but am curious about the newer options.

Thank you.
An updated version of the chart you refer to:

OEao6bH.png

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
They do seem hard to find, but I've got 2 ideas for ya:

1) Some folks may have one sitting, having moved to big air...you could try a "WANTED" ad in the classifieds

2) If I were looking for a Cyclone, but couldn't find it...I'd probably buy one of these instead...
Brand new, similar type of atty... There's a long thread about them here.
Just a thought. Different style, but it's a great fit for a Reo, tiny little 2-post flavor atty...
o16-3s.jpg

anyone know a us site to get a BF cyclone? having trouble digging one up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread