• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vape Friendly Establishments in PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephra

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2010
Pennsylvania
Let's compile a list of vape-friendly businesses in the state!

If you've been to a restaraunt, a bar, or other business that allows vaping, please let us know! Just list the name of the establishment, the city it's located in, the type of business it is, and maybe a few words about how you were received. My favorite place to eat is vape friendly:

Eat-A-Bite Bar and Restaraunt
Shikellamy Ave, Sunbury

This is our regular Thursday night haunt. The staff has always welcomed us and our PVs with open arms. We sit at the bar, have our dinners, and vape away! :toast:

Please share your experiences!

jude8753

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2010
PA
We really don't go out that often, but so far I haven't really had a problem anywhere because I don't blow vapor like there is no tomorrow. I feel very conspicuous if I do that. I take a hit here and there maybe that's stealth? I don't make it obvious so no one says anything, but I'm sure no where around here where I live would they like to see volumes of vapor.

AaronB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2010
Bernville Pennsylvania
I was at Hershey Park this past weekend. I figured I would check in with guest services before entering the park with my pv, they didn't outright say yes or no but rather recommended staying around the designated smoking sections in case other guests complained. The representatives I spoke with weren't really informed about pv's but appeared quite interested after I briefly explained it. I brought in a wetbox for convienance and the ability to stealth vape if needed. I used it throughout the park without bringing unwanted attention to it and didn't have any problems.

emygal

ECF Veteran
I was at Hershey Park this past weekend. I figured I would check in with guest services before entering the park with my pv, they didn't outright say yes or no but rather recommended staying around the designated smoking sections in case other guests complained. The representatives I spoke with weren't really informed about pv's but appeared quite interested after I briefly explained it. I brought in a wetbox for convienance and the ability to stealth vape if needed. I used it throughout the park without bringing unwanted attention to it and didn't have any problems.

I work there and as long as no other guests complain they won't do anything about it. I have seen people smoking analogs outside the designated smoking areas and as long as no other guests complain they won't do anything about it unless you get the security guard on a power trip. If someone does complain they won't kick you out of the park or anything but they will ask you not to do it and they will likely be very polite about it (if they are not then take note of their name and lodge a complaint with guest services). I can't really see anyone complaining about it as long as you aren't standing in line for one of the coasters or in a store blowing huge clouds of vapor in people's faces. I don't vape in public areas of the park when it is open and I am working but I don't leave my office without my pv and use it in just about all non-public areas of the park including my office, which is located it the same building as the season pass office. I work in retail and as far as my department goes I was the only smoker left in the whole building. So far everyone in my department has been supportive of my switch but I don't call a whole lot of attention to the fact that I use it in my office.

AlanFox

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2010
Hatboro, PA
www.vaporphoxxe.com
It just occurred to me to add another vape friendly establishment:

ROAD'S END PUB IN HAZLETON

We had dinner there and vaped all evening and the staff never gave us a hard time. Maybe our server didn't notice, though, we were kind of stealthy.

:p

I was there Saturday and there was rowdy lot in the upstairs that night...

iheart45s

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2010
Philadelphia
A smoking bar? Now that's an endangered species. I'll have to check it out, thanks! :)

Hah! Not over in this part of South Philly. There's 12Steps, Ray's, The Dive and Triangle that are all smoke bars. It's actually kind of bumming me out now that I've quit smoking because I like all four of those places way more than other bars around here. :p

AlanFox

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2010
Hatboro, PA
www.vaporphoxxe.com
I was at MaGerks in Fort Washington last night, talked with the manager about e-cigaretts and vaping and he was ok with it. They also do private parties.
I ran in to him later that night and he saw me with my Gold SD and said he hadn't seen anything like that before (he he). Had only seen the cig styles before.

MaGerks Fort Washington

AaronB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2010
Bernville Pennsylvania
The wife and I go to Blind Hartman's Tavern a lot with ours which is just outside Reading. Though it is a smoking bar. They have a separate restaurant for the non-smoking which we have not tried to vape in yet, as we are usually their for the bands and stuff anyways inside the bar area.

I concur this place was great and the food was outstanding and reasonably priced. Highly recommend this place if we have ever have meetup central to Philli, Harrisburg, Lehigh Valley and some areas of the Poconos.

rdytoquit

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2010
pennsylvania

Hambone68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2010
Randolph, NY
two-for-flinching.com
Hey folks, I'm not a member of the group (I live in southwestern NY just minutes from the PA border) but spend most of my weekends playing with my band in various NW PA bars. I can attest that the following places are Vape-OK:

Ashley's Pub in Spartansburg
Boonie's Sports Bar in Titusville
The Corner Bar in Bradford
The Corner Bar in Smethport
Fairmont Tavern in Youngsville
Fairway 12 in Conneaut Lake
Jose's in Lewis Run
Oasis Pub in Erie
Ray's Hot Spot in Marienville
Seldom Inn in Tionesta
Speed'eez in North East (the town in northwestern PA hehehe)
Tamarack Tavern in Corry
The Oasis in Oil City

I should note that all of these locations are bars that also allow smoking, but still - I've vaped openly at them with no issues :)

I have also vaped at the Warren Moose Lodge #109 in Warren PA (a non-smoking establishment) and didn't get any complaints, but I also was not being obvious about it, so I'm not sure what their specific policy is.

Anyway, hope that helps!

Sainted_S

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Nether Iceland of NWPA
Hey folks, I'm not a member of the group (I live in southwestern NY just minutes from the PA border) but spend most of my weekends playing with my band in various NW PA bars. I can attest that the following places are Vape-OK:

Ashley's Pub in Spartansburg
Boonie's Sports Bar in Titusville
The Corner Bar in Bradford
The Corner Bar in Smethport
Fairmont Tavern in Youngsville
Fairway 12 in Conneaut Lake
Jose's in Lewis Run
Oasis Pub in Erie
Ray's Hot Spot in Marienville
Seldom Inn in Tionesta
Speed'eez in North East (the town in northwestern PA hehehe)
Tamarack Tavern in Corry
The Oasis in Oil City

I should note that all of these locations are bars that also allow smoking, but still - I've vaped openly at them with no issues :)

I have also vaped at the Warren Moose Lodge #109 in Warren PA (a non-smoking establishment) and didn't get any complaints, but I also was not being obvious about it, so I'm not sure what their specific policy is.

Anyway, hope that helps!

Oh my lord! There is another vapor in my area! Praise be!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread