Watt-Hour Shootout -- FullyMax 10Wh 900mAh 3S LiPo (for DNA200) vs 25R vs HG2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Tested at 10A-25A constant current but no pulsed current tests due to the one FullyMax battery pack I purchased getting damaged. I am ordering two more and will be pulse testing them. These batteries were purchased by me and used only for testing thanks to the incredible donations many of you made.

Disclaimer
    The statements, conclusions, and recommendations I make based on these tests are only my personal opinion. Carefully research any battery you are considering using before purchasing.

Testing batteries at their limits is dangerous and should never, ever, be attempted by anyone who has not thoroughly studied the dangers involved and how to minimize them. My safety precautions are the ones I have elected to take and you should not assume they will protect you if you attempt to do any testing. Do the research and create your own testing methods and safety precautions.

Bottom Line
    The FullyMax 10Wh/900mAh battery pack delivers more energy (Wh) than the Samsung 25R or LG HG2. It beats the HG2 by about 9%-24% and the 25R by about 23%-33%, depending on the discharge current level.

Table of delivered Wh for all three batteries
    image.jpg

Watt-Hour (Wh) comparisons to the 25R and HG2 at 15A
    The different voltages make plotting everything together difficult. See the individual Wh discharge graphs below for more detailed information.
    image.jpg

Watt-Hour discharges of the individual batteries
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

To see how other cells have tested and how hard you can safely push them, check out these links:
    https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blog-entry/list-of-battery-tests.7436/
    https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...des-picking-a-safe-battery-to-vape-with.7447/

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Question. Was this test done with 3 Samsung or LG 18650 batteries considering that the Li-Po pack has 3 internal cells?

I ask because I have a Wismec Reuleaux DNA 200 on the way and I'm curious as how the 3 18650's would stack up against the Li-Po. You weren't clear if you used 1 18650 or 3.

It was done with individual 18650's. I could have made that clearer, sorry for the confusion. The "Watt-hour discharges of the individual batteries" section heading does at least indicate that those results are for single 18650 batteries. :)

Three HG2's should last about 2-1/2 times longer than a single 900mAh 3S LiPo pack.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    I've had the Hana DNA 200 with the Li-Po 900mAh pack and I was really disappointed in the battery life. I did get a loaner Wismec Reuleaux DNA 200 and the battery life was considerably longer. I was sold on the performance and mine should be arriving tomorrow.

Yea, 3000mAh vs 900mAh makes a huge difference! I think you'll be happy with the battery life of the Reuleaux.

Bdwlf2

Jun 13, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    Thank you for clarifying that. The Reuleaux arrived just as I was leaving for work. I tossed some mixed batteries (same exact batteries just married in pairs for other boxes) until my Samsung 30q's arrive later this week. (got a better deal on them vs the HG2)

I've vaped a tank full with a TFV4 and the N2 no air coils, the battery indicator hasn't even budged running at 600°F 100w. I'm more than happy. Not to mention that I don't have to drag my charger (LUC S2 or BT-C3400) around in the semi with me. The 2.1a USB adapter seems to work just fine and hasn't gotten warm charging.

I've visited Orbtronic's Facebook page and I noticed a post saying "Sony VCT6 coming soon". I was curious if you've heard of any such rumors? I would imagine with LG and Samsung releasing newer batteries recently that Sony is about due to update their batteries for sake of competition.

Reactions: Foggy Road

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    There are a bunch of verrrry interesting new batteries becoming available to vapers! The HB4 was the first and it ended up being king of the hill. The others I can't talk about until they arrive but I'm really looking forward to testing them!

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Programming my lg hg2 into evolv, how many Wh do I put??

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Depends on what power levels you run at, which determines the current being drawn from the batteries.

Max Amps = Max Wattage / Min Battery Voltage

Min Battery Voltage = 9.0V for the DNA200.

When you calculate the max current you can then look up the Wh the HG2 delivers at that current level by using the small table in the OP.

Reactions: Freedom2Vape

KenD

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 20, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    kennetgranholm.com
    use VTC5, has cdc of 30A and max of 60A
    Cdr of the vtc5 is 20 amps, and if going by anything other than the cdr you'd need to know all the variables. How long is a pulse, how long of a rest time do you need after each pulse etc.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mooch

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015

KenD

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 20, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    kennetgranholm.com
    you only need 60A to get to 200w
    In a three batteries series setup (e.g. the Reuleaux) you need 23 amps per battery.

220 (200w + 10% to account for device inefficiency) / 9.6v (the battery cutoff voltage, 3.2v per battery) = 23 amps

That's still more than the cdr of three vtc5. You'll want vtc4s or LG hb2/4/6 for the full 200w.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 16, 2015
    elsewhere
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread