Hi guys wanted to update

Status
Not open for further replies.

josma

Dec 26, 2015
Wanted to update since I haven't been on for a while. I wasn't sure if I should continue on the last post or not since it got so long. So let me know how that works.
Anyway we went this last weekend to the place to see about getting something different and they had nothing but the 67 pg to 33 vg its all they sell so he got 6 mg nicotine to try. Well he said it was still to much so we think its the pg that needs adjusting.
So he talked to all the different guys at work that have or have had them and there seems to be a place that specializes in all kinds and some really high end ones. We have to drive a little to get there but that's okay. So we are going to head there this weekend . He plans on getting a much higher vg and a bottom coil to go with.
I am going to try to check into the pros and cons of the % of veg esp any thing to do with 100% so we can have a little more knowledge on that.
I really hope I didn't cause any issues for anyone on here as that was not my intention at all I was just looking for good reliable info and help. And I really Appreciate all the help and advice you all have given us. It has helped us understand a little better what he needs to be looking for. Still have a lot to learn but at least know a little more. And hopefully this time he can get started with the right stuff for him so that he can get rid of the cigs. Again Thank you all so very much for all the help.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Wanted to update since I haven't been on for a while. I wasn't sure if I should continue on the last post or not since it got so long. So let me know how that works.
Anyway we went this last weekend to the place to see about getting something different and they had nothing but the 67 pg to 33 vg its all they sell so he got 6 mg nicotine to try. Well he said it was still to much so we think its the pg that needs adjusting.
So he talked to all the different guys at work that have or have had them and there seems to be a place that specializes in all kinds and some really high end ones. We have to drive a little to get there but that's okay. So we are going to head there this weekend . He plans on getting a much higher vg and a bottom coil to go with.
I am going to try to check into the pros and cons of the % of veg esp any thing to do with 100% so we can have a little more knowledge on that.
I really hope I didn't cause any issues for anyone on here as that was not my intention at all I was just looking for good reliable info and help. And I really Appreciate all the help and advice you all have given us. It has helped us understand a little better what he needs to be looking for. Still have a lot to learn but at least know a little more. And hopefully this time he can get started with the right stuff for him so that he can get rid of the cigs. Again Thank you all so very much for all the help.

You're quite welcome.

A darn shame that juice is all they sell. That's like Henry Ford talking about the model T. "They can have any color they want as long as it is black."

Reactions: Foggy Road

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I wasn't sure if I should continue on the last post
It's ok to post a new reply. Most member know how to look at your lasts posts.
We have to drive a little to get there but that's okay.
Whats your zip code. Might find a shop closer.
He plans on getting a much higher vg and a bottom coil to go with
Could try 30PG/70VG, my favorite. Not sure what you mean by bottom coil. Do you mean a coil with a different ohm setting/reading? What is the current coil ohm setting? What equipment is being used.

It's a good idea to start a new post when you are having vape problems to list the vape equipment used and the ohm setting of the coil. It clears up any misunderstandings.

If you have any additional questions just hit "like" at bottom right hand corner and I will get back to this thread.

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
It's ok to post a new reply. Most member know how to look at your lasts posts.

Whats your zip code. Might find a shop closer.

Could try 30PG/70VG, my favorite. Not sure what you mean by bottom coil. Do you mean a coil with a different ohm setting/reading? What is the current coil ohm setting? What equipment is being used.

It's a good idea to start a new post when you are having vape problems to list the vape equipment used and the ohm setting of the coil. It clears up any misunderstandings.

If you have any additional questions just hit "like" at bottom right hand corner and I will get back to this thread.

Most likely referring to replaceable coil heads in which the coil itself is at the bottom of the tank and has short wicks, as opposed to some of the other tanks (clearomizers) that have the coil closer to the top of the tank, but has a long wick which hangs down to the bottom of the tank. The latter is particularly problematic when using higher VG blends.

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
An especially nice bottom coil tank is the Aspire K1, not expensive for either the tank or the replacement coils, and as a plus the coils last a good long time! Really works great on my Eleaf iStick 20w.

There is another new tank on the market now that uses ceramic for the wicks. It is a bottom coil tank and works very well with VG heavy juices. I haven't tried "Max VG" or straight pure VG in it yet, but with a fairly thick 30pg/70vg DIY mix it is working perfectly even with outside temperatures dipping down into the upper 30°s. Those low temps usually cause trouble with VG heavy juices in tanks... It would require a little more power than your 20W iStick, though... it works great at about 35W. If you're interested, check out Vaporesso cCell Tank. I recommend using it with the 0.9 ohm Kanthal coils. :)

And welcome to the forum, Leopards!

Leopards

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2016
NE Ohio
There is another new tank on the market now that uses ceramic for the wicks. It is a bottom coil tank and works very well with VG heavy juices. I haven't tried "Max VG" or straight pure VG in it yet, but with a fairly thick 30pg/70vg DIY mix it is working perfectly even with outside temperatures dipping down into the upper 30°s. Those low temps usually cause trouble with VG heavy juices in tanks... It would require a little more power than your 20W iStick, though... it works great at about 35W. If you're interested, check out Vaporesso cCell Tank. I recommend using it with the 0.9 ohm Kanthal coils. :)

And welcome to the forum, Leopards!
0.9ohms needs 3Volts and 10 Watts which should be doable with the iStick 20W. Oh, I also have an iStick 40wTC and an Evic VT, so that looks like a nice gift for my upcoming Birthday!

Reactions: Kaezziel

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA

0.9ohms needs 3Volts and 10 Watts which should be doable with the iStick 20W. Oh, I also have an iStick 40wTC and an Evic VT, so that looks like a nice gift for my upcoming Birthday!

Absolutely! It would work great on the iStick 40wTC with the nickel coils! 10W just isn't enough for me with the 0.9 ohm coils... I'm pushing those at 40W for the past few days. Definitely pick one up for yourself as a Birthday present... these coils are perfect for flavor chasers!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Cool. It sounds like You and your Husband on the Right Track.

Once a person knows what mg/ml and PG to VG ratio they like, it is so much Easier to focus on Cutting Back/Quitting Smoking.

Let us know how things go. And thanks for the Update.

Leopards

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2016
NE Ohio
Absolutely! It would work great on the iStick 40wTC with the nickel coils! 10W just isn't enough for me with the 0.9 ohm coils... I'm pushing those at 40W for the past few days. Definitely pick one up for yourself as a Birthday present... these coils are perfect for flavor chasers!
As I said I'm new, but the sub ohm vaping charts I have seen say that pushing a 0.9 ohm coil past 10 Watts is getting into burning juice and not much more is risking burning the coil! I'll take your word for the 40W, but I wouldn't want to do that unless it was a TC coil!

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona

My current coil is .79 ohms. It Vapes nicely at 9 watts 2.76 volts

Reactions: Leopards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread