How do you know when your Cartomizer is empty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upinthehills

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2010
Colorado
You're using cartomizers or cartridges, Bear? If you fill a cartomizer so it's full, it should last about two hours. For a cartridge, it depends on what size, but about an hour, maybe. All of this also depends on how heavy you vape.

I gave up on cartridges and cartomizers. They both drove me crazy. I drip now, and really like it a lot better.

My fault they are prefilled "Atomized Cartridges" that came with my eGo, waiting on E-Liquid to come any day..... ive been actually pulling the poly fill out and flipping it around because it stops vaping and its still half full of fluid

NOTE to any1 buying a starter kit get extra carts or fluid with your order got 2 left lol

Upinthehills

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2010
Colorado
Mixing two flavors is ok, might pay attention to which two you're mixing and make sure the flavors are compatible. Bubble gum and tobacco is just disgusting. Don't ask me how I know. :D

Liquid in your mouth may mean you're overfilling or that you've gotten some juice outside of the cup of filler and it's now coming out when you draw. If you're overfilling, you may also flood your atomizer. If your atomizer starts making a gurgling sound it's flooded.

To fix flooding, take the atomizer off of the battery and hold the threaded end of the atomizer in a piece of paper towel. Don't hold it tight or no air will go through. Then blow really hard through the other end of the atomizer. Juice will come out and go onto the paper towel. After doing that, wipe the battery and all of the threads with the paper towel to get any excess juice. Reassemble and try again.

Kotog

Nov 28, 2011
Sacramento,CA
Mixing two flavors is ok, might pay attention to which two you're mixing and make sure the flavors are compatible. Bubble gum and tobacco is just disgusting. Don't ask me how I know. :D

Liquid in your mouth may mean you're overfilling or that you've gotten some juice outside of the cup of filler and it's now coming out when you draw. If you're overfilling, you may also flood your atomizer. If your atomizer starts making a gurgling sound it's flooded.

To fix flooding, take the atomizer off of the battery and hold the threaded end of the atomizer in a piece of paper towel. Don't hold it tight or no air will go through. Then blow really hard through the other end of the atomizer. Juice will come out and go onto the paper towel. After doing that, wipe the battery and all of the threads with the paper towel to get any excess juice. Reassemble and try again.

I think I have the opposite issue, I'm constantly adding to my cartomizer and thinking it isn't working correctly - always seems like its running out though..... but I may be flooding it (I usually use an ego-t(b) and I love that because of the lack of fuss with refilling.

The cart I have is a LR and I also get alot of popping and what seems like juice exploding.... Overfilling??????

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Cartridges - your choice is to just top off with the new juice or take the stuffing out and rinse and dry the cartridge and stuffing, refluff the stuffing, put if back in. if your cartridges are standard 510 cartridges (which use slim 9.2mm atomizer) then strictlyejuice.com sells precut blue foam stuffing for those - more consistent, easier to rinse and pat dry with paper towel, holds its shape. Just search there for foam.

Cartomizers (what most people end up using for everyday vaping)
You can try to spin the juice out (see Youtube video Reverse Taryn Spin). Don't vape a carto to empty or you will singe it and add a bitter taste which sucks with sweet juices - erases the sweetness. And if the new juice is a compatible flavor you can just top off with it and you will get the blended flavor and then eventually all the new flavor. I do recommend you not use cartomizers for testing juices you have never tried. You can use a manual battery (safer if it is totally sealed on the threaded end), atomizer and drip tip to test juices. If you have a KR808D-1 (Volt, Bloog, V4L, G6, etc) manual you can use a DSE901 standard resistance atomizer and drip tip (dripping not recommended on auto batteries and is risky on non-sealed manuals).

Last edited:
This is a very old thread but I found this video very helpful on how to fill and top off cartomizers.

A double demo! The Cartomizer Condom Filling Method, and the Taryn Spin. - YouTube

Apart from the strange intro it worked for me.

I found this thread searching how one can tell cartomizers are empty and now I know, burned taste, no smoke. Except that it says you should stop before then but I'm not sure how one would know when to stop.

I'm sure I'll get to it, I just started vaping last night.

Slim Batz

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
No doubt a newbie question, but.....which direction do you want to shake the juice down to......batt end or mouthpiece?

towards the battery connector ... use the same motion you would use to shake down a mercury thermometer. When I fill a new carto, I put in about 10 drops, quick shake down, 10 more drops, quick shake down, then top it off to full. I normally can start vaping it right away without having to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread