Status
Not open for further replies.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
I'm getting ready to replace my firing pin in my TRA, it has the new adjustable 510. Is it done the same way with the new 510 as it was with the old 510? Remove the nipple, swap firing pins, replace nipple and done? The reason I ask is because the nipple on this Reo doesn't seem to want to budge and I don't want to force it in case I'm not supposed to turn it.

Yes.. I just done one on a newer adjustable 510. With the top end facing you turn the nipple to the right to loosen. Needle nose plyers will work good.

Tighten it up to the left till good and tight.

You won't be abe to move the contact pin once it's snug so you should find something to place under the contact tip to hold it just right before snuggling it up.

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Ok so I just have a stubborn nipple then. Will try again tomorrow.

smiley-face-whistle-2.gif

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
I'm getting ready to replace my firing pin in my TRA, it has the new adjustable 510. Is it done the same way with the new 510 as it was with the old 510? Remove the nipple, swap firing pins, replace nipple and done? The reason I ask is because the nipple on this Reo doesn't seem to want to budge and I don't want to force it in case I'm not supposed to turn it.
Its done the same way

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
My atomizer is slowly but surely dropping down, on my Woodvil. Oh I don't want to have to put super glue on there. Anyone have photos on that?
If your brass well is loose you will have to . The glue goes on from the inside of the mod . flip the mod up side down . Put some glue were the brass touches the wood it will soak into the wood . Let it dry for 5 minutes you will be good to go

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
My atomizer is slowly but surely dropping down, on my Woodvil. Oh I don't want to have to put super glue on there. Anyone have photos on that?

Glue will hold! Done that to one of mine and I've read of a few others that's it's happend to. There glued in originally so it will be as good as new afterwards with no signs of ever a problem. ;)

Reactions: kkay59

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Well the Woodvil bit the dust today. Dang it. I put in some new wick, and replaced the inner ring to the Derringer clone. Then I heard a slight click. That was not good, I knew. Pulled out the meter, and I have no power. This Woodvil is used EVERY day. I am in panic mode.

No idea what could go wrong in a 2015 woodvil other then a broke Contact pin or the spring shorted and collapsed.

Sounds like since u replaced rhe center ring on the atty it shorted the mod?

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
No, I don't think the mod shorted. The atty has been slowly falling lately. I think it is because of the ring on the Derringer, and then you have to push down on the top cap, before you use it. The ring goes on over an o-ring. The top cap goes on over another o-ring. Maybe the sound I heard was the glue crack. I did not hit the fire button when the slight noise happened. The spring did not drop, or anything like that.

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
No, I don't think the mod shorted. The atty has been slowly falling lately. I think it is because of the ring on the Derringer, and then you have to push down on the top cap, before you use it. The ring goes on over an o-ring. The top cap goes on over another o-ring. Maybe the sound I heard was the glue crack. I did not hit the fire button when the slight noise happened. The spring did not drop, or anything like that.
Since you have your meter try testing all points to know where it is failing. Pay attention of not firing a hard short.

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Well I looked at it again. If that wire is soldered on to the bottom of where the atty screws in, it is quite possibly broken there. (I don't know what you call that piece) Either that, or it is the glue that cracked. I think that is a solder point though, it is right at the base of the atty base, brass colored. I am going to have to send it to Rob I guess. Oh I cannot believe this.

Reactions: SteamStack

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Well I looked at it again. If that wire is soldered on to the bottom of where the atty screws in, it is quite possibly broken there. (I don't know what you call that piece) Either that, or it is the glue that cracked. I think that is a solder point though, it is right at the base of the atty base, brass colored. I am going to have to send it to Rob I guess. Oh I cannot believe this.
I don't have any answers...just offering support. Do you have a back-up that can get you by? I can attest that Rob repairs stuff as fast as any action hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread