Nuppin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

TX Foilhead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
That build was about .5 Ohm's dual twisted 29g Kanthal. I clean the coils probably 2 times a week and rewick with RxW about once a month. No good way to really scrub that center post without messing with the coils so I haven't touched it for 4 months. Most likely it's my super fast cleaning that left some on initially and it grew from there. I'll probably change the routine up and rinse it before I burn it in the future.

I don't normally leave coils in that long, but that build just worked so well I ran it as long as I could. I just managed to build an acceptable side kick for it after probably 20 tries in the last few weeks. It took a while because by the time I got around to thinking of a replacement that I had forgotten what I did.

Reactions: Rossum

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I have one of these...
Hudy US Standard Allen Wrench (0.035" x 60mm)

IMG_20140721_194733.jpg

That's nice.

I made my own. Bought a set of four pin vises on ebay for under 10 bucks. Cleaned off the packing oil with brake cleaner and wiped them off with an oily rag to prevent rust. I cut off the short leg of the allen key with a dremel and cutting disk, and chucked the long part into the smallest pin vise. Works fantastic. It's the one in the foreground. The one in back is the next largest in the set of pin vises with a larger allen key for my velocity clone. I think I'm going to use the next larger for the key to my Reo's 510 connector. The nice thing is if the end becomes rounded at all, I can just cut a mm or so off to get to a fresh part of the wrench.

pinvise.jpg

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
yeah but the drawback is each time you round the bit you wind up wearing and stretching the grub screw as well. using something like a hudy or any high quality bit goes a long way towards protecting the grub screw as much as the key itself. once you spin the cheap bit in there a few times the grub will become enlarged/rounded enough to be useless...

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
yeah but the drawback is each time you round the bit you wind up wearing and stretching the grub screw as well. using something like a hudy or any high quality bit goes a long way towards protecting the grub screw as much as the key itself. once you spin the cheap bit in there a few times the grub will become enlarged/rounded enough to be useless...

Which is why I bought a pile of spare screws from McMaster-Carr.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Lately the Mini 1.0's & O=16's had been stealing the limelight away from my other Reos and the Nuppin' & Chalice atty's. That combo makes for super small and compact with a very versatile atty that is top shelf in use to me. But the new Widow/Nuppin' combo is so close to the same that I just can't put it down. A combo I had wanted to try for a long time, but all of my other Mini 2.1's are not LP and run Chalice. Thanks to the Widow reminding me just how much I like the Nuppin's, those on my Grands and Woodvil's are back in use as well that have been mostly ignored since I got the O-16's. It's been nice to get some vaping time in with bigger bottles and batts again. Most of my Reos are back on line. A plus since I have been diving back into DIY a lot more and making up new to me joose.

The Widow running a new DIY that is already becoming an ADV, Chamomile DDL ...

25.jpg

FatBill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
CT
I think one of my grubs is shot in my nuppin…it was always finicky. I believe the hex cup in the grub screw is stripped or damaged. I switched it with another and that one works fine. Like I said before that particular grub was always a pain. Any one know where to get a few of these tiny grubs? Until then Im running single coil mode …still good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread