Status
Not open for further replies.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
I've read that if the side screws are too long they will catch the lid hense why I bought short ones for that. I believe 2.5mm and 3mm tall is what I bought about 6 months ago or so.

3mm was ss and the 2.5mm was just steel screws.

Just guessing.. but you've read it from the source so whatever.

The.Drifter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2013
Virginia
There's Nuppin on my CC :D

811fcpwfe015rcg6g.jpg

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Sum Nuppin on sumpin too, but wun's on sumpin else Reo an wun's in reserve fur now (tryin out a Magma w/Clapton build un the vein).

nup8.jpg
Dang, that's a whole lotta nuppin! :w00t:

Last edited:

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Anyone got any nuppin question by all means ask muzichead.. excuse me.
WOW... Thats going out there just a little too far and it would seem I've hurt someones feelings!!! Wasn't my intention to do so... Was merely trying to correct the mis-information you were giving.

I personally know what it was like to purchase spare parts for something ecig related at the behest of someone that thought they were giving the correct recommendation at the time, only to find out that it was incorrect and money spent that I couldn't get back. One of my biggest annoyances since I started vaping 5yrs ago. Just trying to save someone else the headache of ordering the wrong parts and having to do it twice over to get it right...

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I'm right about there with ya - but more like 6 wraps, 27 ga. I think mine are 2.5mm inner. And I land at 0.4 to 0.5.

I've tried it with one twisted coil, kind of looped over the middle - it was interesting, but not better for me, so I'm back to my usual. Picture just cuz it's different.
twisty2.JPG

Got em today Muzic…back to duals (new ones o course) Thanks
Bout 8 wraps of 27 gauge kanthal 2.0 mm bout .5 ohms
Can I ask ya what is your preferred build on the nuppin?
OR Anyone please feel free to chime in…….

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Got em today Muzic…back to duals (new ones o course) Thanks
Bout 8 wraps of 27 gauge kanthal 2.0 mm bout .5 ohms
Can I ask ya what is your preferred build on the nuppin?
OR Anyone please feel free to chime in…….
I don't have any pics handy, but what I have my 2 setup with are 26ga Ni80 6 wrap 2.5mm duals @ .3Ω roughly, wicked w/ 3mm RxW... Not too warm, not too cool...

Reactions: Spydro

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I've done all kinds of builds on my Nuppin's... with K1, Ni80, ribbon, 2x/3x twisted, Clapton in various gauges; single, dual, std HC parallel, mixed gauge HC parallel, etc; mostly using 3mm RxW or Scottish Pulled 'N' Rolled wicks. My favorite for flavor rich vapor are the high center parallel builds with SR or RxW, followed by a dual something with a 3mm form for SR cotton or RxW.

I've only taken one Nuppin' build picture, of one of my V2's on a 2015 Woodvil. This high center std parallel is 27 K1, 2.5mm form that nets .6 for the joose it runs with a pulled 'n' rolled cotton wick. Don't try to run one even close to this high without measuring everything exact with a dial caliper. Just high enough to barely clear the positive post grub is way safer without some tricks I figured out with mine (and esp with the V2's "floating chamber size" like this one is).

Somewhere in this thread I wrote about all the skeletons in this closet, and how I safely got around them. I don't know how far back, probably late summer/early fall last year. Good idea to find/read it beforehand.

nup-p-build.jpg

Last edited:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Found a new Nuppin-worthy drip tip!

It's a bit wider bore than a Loki - kind opens up the draw a little - might be my new favorite!
Don't think I've seen them around so happy to give props - superfast delivery in a nifty jar with a gift enclosed, too. I got black Delrin and SS, and there's a cool "blood orange" color as well.
From "Vinyl by SJ".

sjtip2.jpg

The.Drifter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2013
Virginia
@beckdg inspired me on another thread about friction fit wide bore drip tips for the Nuppins so I had a little time to play around and make one ;)

This is what I came up with, made this one out of Ultem so you can see thru it :
41dz8v7076hf3zw6g.jpg

Mounted on the Nuppin :D
o155xgnkld3n40e6g.jpg

For a comfortable friction fit, the OD of the flange is 8.6mm:
ti9qcv84cmz9j4g6g.jpg

The ID is 7.25mm:
e32fywf2mehx4v36g.jpg

So that leave about .675mm wall thickness or about 0.025 inches.
Just about as thin as I'm comfortable making it without being fragile.

Bottom View:
7656m2zwbqgc5406g.jpg

Top View:
d9t2x158voluk656g.jpg

Massive increase in airflow and plenty of room for my top mounted coil builds on my Nuppin :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread