Travel and Vaping Dubai transit

Status
Not open for further replies.

dms25

ECF Veteran
May 13, 2014
Switzerland
Transiting through Dubai in a couple weeks and research has got me a bit worried about getting my Koopor Mini confiscated.

My tanks will be dissasembled in check-in luggage. 4x100ml bottles of juice also in checked luggage. It's just the mod I'm worried about. I read e-cigs are no longer allowed in check-in luggage and I also read reports of people having them confiscated in Dubai even in transit.

What's an electric box mod with no batteries in check-in luggage? Same as any electric device right? I mean I can check-in my electric toothbrush and hard drive, will this get detected any differently?

18650s I understand, I will have 2 of them in my carry-on in a plastic battery case with electric tape on the ends.

What should I do with the box check-in or carry-on?

Foggin MooSe

Nov 24, 2015
I go through Dubai every 6 weeks. Just put all your juice and tanks etc in a ziplock bag in your checked in luggage. Put your mods in your carry on luggage with no atty attached. Make sure spare batteries are in individual containers.
I emailed the airport for peace of mind. Whilst nicotine products are banned in UAE you can transit through with them.

Reactions: Pinot

dms25

ECF Veteran
May 13, 2014
Switzerland
I go through Dubai every 6 weeks. Just put all your juice and tanks etc in a ziplock bag in your checked in luggage. Put your mods in your carry on luggage with no atty attached. Make sure spare batteries are in individual containers.
I emailed the airport for peace of mind. Whilst nicotine products are banned in UAE you can transit through with them.

Thanks for that! Batteries can be in the mod or should I keep them separate? And a charger, is that OK in checked-in luggage?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread