Origen Little 16 BF Atty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob.Gee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
Montana
My o16 showed up today! This little thing is awesome! Looks like my cyclone is getting moved to the menthol reo! 016 takes the #1 spot on the unflavored reo!
diaDWtSh.jpg

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Since you got 'em side by side like that...
How does the airflow compare to a Cyclone AFC?
I run my Cyclone AFC "wide open" - both sides...

My o16 showed up today! This little thing is awesome! Looks like my cyclone is getting moved to the menthol reo! 016 takes the #1 spot on the unflavored reo!
diaDWtSh.jpg

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
The O16 is the only atty I've ever been happy with vaping totally unflavored juice. Every other atty still get at least a bit of flavored liquid dripped in from the top on occasion, if not in the bottle.

Rob.Gee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
Montana
Since you got 'em side by side like that...
How does the airflow compare to a Cyclone AFC?
I run my Cyclone AFC "wide open" - both sides...

So far the 016 has a bit less airflow but its also kinda crammed with the coils and cotton. Might rebuild it again tonight.

Reactions: Train2

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Since using RxW full time for my vaping pleasure, I rebuilt one of my O16's a short time back with a build that was horizontal to the deck, centered, and close to the air intake and it cut my air flow almost in half and felt like I was vaping through a straw. Not sure if it had anything to do with the 3mm RxW or just that the coil took up so much more of the air flow space. My go to is an angled coil that is centered and close to the air intake with the air flow opened all the way and vapes just right for me. The air seems to flow over and under my coils. I really like this atty. :thumbs:

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Hmmm. I have 3mm Scottish Rolled dual builds in a couple of my O-16's (2.5mm in the other 2), horizontal, centered, close to the wide open air intakes and get all the air I'll ever need for my LDLH's. All the air flow is under and over the coils in these builds, the tails of the massive wicks effectively block air flow past them. I simply love these atty's.

Elyptic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2014
Upstate NY
A Nuppin' air slot wide open is about 2.5 times the size of an O-16 intake wide open.
:2c: However, I easily do long DLH's with the O-16, get better flavor and nearly as much vapor from them with same builds. I have 8 Nuppin's and 4 O-16's, and these days I am liking the O-16's better than the Nuppin's.
Thanks!

For me, the Nuppin is about as restrictive as I can stand. I actually prefer my Odin v2 for airflow, but wide open it needs a hotter build than I can comfortably run on a Reo.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
I only started to squonk this week and this is day two with the Origen 16; it's also my first experience of coil building and wicking.

I'm running mine on a TMods Custom box with a 1.6 ohm coil and some of Halcyon's Northern Lights juice - to me its a lovely wee attie which really delivers.

I also have a Delaniemods "Aventador" to compare it with - to me so far the Aventador while easier to coil is on the airy side and my vote defintely goes to the Origen.

Fulgurant

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
You mean grub-screws? I don't have specs, but they come with spares. I've only lost one so far. :facepalm:

Yeah, the grub screws. I didn't see any spares mentioned in the product details at vape craze, and I just got the package; there are no spare screws. Guess I can email the vendor to ask.

That said, just fired the Origen up for the first time and it hits like a truck. Was easy to build too. I'm a happy camper.

Reactions: SteamStack

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Yeah, the grub screws. I didn't see any spares mentioned in the product details at vape craze, and I just got the package; there are no spare screws. Guess I can email the vendor to ask.

That said, just fired the Origen up for the first time and it hits like a truck. Was easy to build too. I'm a happy camper.

I bought 2 when they first hit.. one came with 2 and the other only 1 screw. Never Contacted them. :/

Reactions: Fulgurant

Fulgurant

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
I bought 2 when they first hit.. one came with 2 and the other only 1 screw. Never Contacted them. :/

I'll let ya know if I hear back.

Early impression is that the Origen's flavor isn't quite as good as my RM3s (for which I bought 50 spare screws :D ), but the build quality of the Origen blows the RM3 out of the water, and it's far far easier to work with. So far only tried a dual coil (30ga @ 11 wraps each for ~1 ohm); will try a center mounted single later.

NB: the hex key for the new REO 510 connection appears to be interchangeable with the hex key for the Origen. So at least I have three of those now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread