Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
30ga might be the ticket for tootle puffing. But for my long DLH's I have all of mine running dual coils built with 26 & 28 Ni80 or 27A1, wrapped on 2.5mm and 3.0mm forms netting in the .4-.6 range, and with both largest air intakes wide open. The Mini 1.0's/O-16's with these builds are arguably my favorite Reos now days.

Reactions: AU717

Fulgurant

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
11 wraps? Dang thst must be like less then 2mm in Diameter. I use a 2.5mm rod from a coilmaster 3 at 7 wraps ea = 1ohmish using g 30 gauge wire.. I've tried other gauges and nothing heats up as fast and does it for me like 30 gauge.

Heh, yeah, forgot that part. It's a 1/16" coil, for the small readywick. Occasionally use the larger version too (with a 2.5mm drill bit), but I have like six feet of the former so it's gotta be used. :)

30ga might be the ticket for tootle puffing. But for my long DLH's I have all of mine running dual coils built with 26 & 28 Ni80 or 27A1, wrapped on 2.5mm and 3.0mm forms netting in the .4-.6 range, and with both largest air intakes wide open. The Mini 1.0's/O-16's with these builds are arguably my favorite Reos now days.

For about a year after I bought my first REO, all I used was 28ga wire in the igo-bf that was my daily driver; 28ga is sturdier and easier to work with than the 30ga I'd used in my protank rebuilds, and it heats fast enough. Later on, though, I came to the conclusion that the only way to build dual coils in the tiny little freaking holes in the RM3's posts was to use thin wire.

So I use 28ga for singles, 30ga for duals, though I might try duals in a thicker wire now that I have the Origen's roomy environment to work in. The heat time is roughly equivalent given the extra length and the higher resistance of the wire used in the duals (which is halved, but still).

But yeah, cigarette-style mouth-to-lung vaper all the way. Doubt that'll ever change. It worked for 20 years before vaping; it's worked for the almost three years since I quit smoking.

The dual coil build in the new Origen's really hit its stride, btw: seems a shame to tear it out. I might have order another one of these toppers for easy experimentation. Yeah, for science. That's the ticket.

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
Well, after keeping my credit card in my wallet for a few weeks, I decided to go and order one of these little beauties. My only complaint with the RM2 is the fragility of the posts. They are way too easy to overtighten and then snap at the threads. This atty seems like it will fit the bill for me as a flavor-chasing MTL vaper who typically runs parallel single coil or twisted single coil builds. Thanks, Spydro for creating this thread, as it has educated me enough to make the purchase. I should have it soon, since it is shipping from Miami and I am right outside Orlando. Looking forward to coiling it up.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
OMG I can't believe that a company would charge $80 to ship
a atty from the U.S. to Canada, hwy robbery!!!!

Heh - yep, I hit that site, too. Cray cray.

VapinArt is a tad more expensive for the atty, but very reasonable about the int'l shipping.

Reactions: Danrogers

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Update: Chris from Vapingcraze treated me right; he's sending me two screws from his personal set of spares for free.

The bad news is that he doesn't have any more.

I'd say that is his every day story. Chris told me the exact same when my first two preorder O-16's came short a screw and I tried to buy extra screws with a third O-16 I was ordering from him. Got far better customer service from Chris than where I bought O-16 #4 while he was out of stock on them.

Reactions: Fulgurant

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
Got mine a few days ago and it's performing beautifully with a 1.2 ohm single coil. I placed it exactly the same way I'm used to with my cyclones and RM2 and the flavor is really great :) Thank you guys for the reviews and tutorials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Wow!!! My Birthday Bunny got me one of these and I am in love! Talk about being well made beauty that works like a machine! (Throughout my vaping career I've been all about authentics. I've had to give in on my beliefs a bit in order to find toppers for my beloved authentic Reos. Knowing that they were modded by the mod Master certainly helped my conscience).
I'm a flavor chaser that doesn't mind a cloud as long as it doesn't interfere with flavor. I'm a single coiler (1.2ish) and not exactly a tootle puffer, as I like a bit of MTL. (Air is good as long as it doesn't interfere with FLAVOR).
This little atty does all of the above, plus it's easy to build on like my beloved RM2's. (I'm even considering boring the air holes a bit on the RM2's more than I already have with this new experience).

I'm running mine on my SL/LP. Have tried it wide open with one hole and wide open with both holes and like someone else here (oops, forgot who..was it Steam?) haven't noticed a difference in flavor. I would have never thought about trying both with a single coil...

Thanks Spydro, Papa and all those who have posted here. Your comments and support are, as always, so helpful. Also grateful that I received 2 extra grub screws.

I'm considering adding another one. Has anyone put one of these beauties on a non-LP? (For my mini 2.1 old school).I know I could try it but it's kinda busy right now....

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Wow!!! My Birthday Bunny got me one of these and I am in love! Talk about being well made beauty that works like a machine! (Throughout my vaping career I've been all about authentics. I've had to give in on my beliefs a bit in order to find toppers for my beloved authentic Reos. Knowing that they were modded by the mod Master certainly helped my conscience).
I'm a flavor chaser that doesn't mind a cloud as long as it doesn't interfere with flavor. I'm a single coiler (1.2ish) and not exactly a tootle puffer, as I like a bit of MTL. (Air is good as long as it doesn't interfere with FLAVOR).
This little atty does all of the above, plus it's easy to build on like my beloved RM2's. (I'm even considering boring the air holes a bit on the RM2's more than I already have with this new experience).

I'm running mine on my SL/LP. Have tried it wide open with one hole and wide open with both holes and like someone else here (oops, forgot who..was it Steam?) haven't noticed a difference in flavor. I would have never thought about trying both with a single coil...

Thanks Spydro, Papa and all those who have posted here. Your comments and support are, as always, so helpful. Also grateful that I received 2 extra grub screws.

I'm considering adding another one. Has anyone put one of these beauties on a non-LP? (For my mini 2.1 old school).I know I could try it but it's kinda busy right now....

Congrats on the O-16 Robin. You will soon be hooked on them.

The great little O-16 is not for the standard Reo's unfortunately (4 of my Mini 2.1's are non LP so run Chalice III's instead). While I did run an O-16 on my only LP Mini 2.1 some (that normally runs a Nuppin V2), my O-16's are the resident atty's on Mini 1.0's. I love the compact form factor this atty gives both the Mini 1.0 and Mini 2.1 LP Reos. So I've never wanted to try or run them on the LP Grands or Woodvil's

I'm a DLH flavor chaser at heart. From the start I have ran all of the O-16's with both air intakes wide open for my long DLH's for either single and double coils. With the builds I use in them they have edged out my Nuppin's as my top flavor atty's.

Reactions: Robinowitz

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Don't have an Odin, but the airflow control in the O-16's is a choice of one or two 1.2mm, 1.5mm, 2.0mm or 2.5mm air intakes that can be either wide open or partially blocked for in between those sizes. IOW, very versatile for either MTL or DLH's. Wide open would be two 2.5mm intakes. And they could be easily drilled out a little larger. With the smaller chamber it is more efficient than larger chamber atty's are.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Congrats on the O-16 Robin. You will soon be hooked on them.

The great little O-16 is not for the standard Reo's unfortunately (4 of my Mini 2.1's are non LP so run Chalice III's instead.

Thanks Spydro! From the looks of the standard 2.1, it didn't appear that it would fit but I was hoping. I could either have it shaved down by Rob or consider a Challice. Would it need to be a III version?

Yep, I'm impressed with this little machine.

Gbacon, I can't give you much info. A long while back I had an Odin for a minute or 2 before re-selling. It surely chucked the clouds but the flavor just wasn't there for me. I can't remember what the draw was like though. Some wise Reonaut will know though.

Reactions: gbacon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread