Travel and Vaping Status of PV's in Mexico, Dominican Rep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New Jersey, United States
Starting to plan my 3rd wedding anniversary, and of course would much much prefer to bring some gear with me, then have to resort to smoking cigs again. Anyone have any insight into the above destinations?

I;ve been to Cancun/Playa Del Carmen area in 2013, and 2014, Had an ego style the first time, an a Vamo styled the second time, few bottles, and a few tanks, no issue. I understand that the laws have changed recently, anyone have any success with larger PV boxes, or mech mods, rebuildable atties?

Dominican republic: Legal status, but not sure on bringing in larger devices or mechs/batteries. Anyone have any luck with that?

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
"Paradox", French West Indies
Congratulation's on the anniversary and the planning of a super trip! I live in the Caribbean and travel often with my box mods. Main reason being I want to relax and have a great vape experience as I do at home-right!
JUst be aware of the airline (carrier) rules and regs and with regard to DR, I would put any box mod in a camera bag as a carry-on (since lithium battery's are not permitted in checked luggage anywhere now) and pass it off as a flash unit or whatever(camouflage)

I had 2 box mods confiscated by custom's in the BVI on departure going through security. At least I enjoyed them whilst there!

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I had 2 box mods confiscated by custom's in the BVI on departure going through security.

Sorry mate, but,
NO,
You must go through customs when entering a country.
The security thugs STOLE your stuff...Nothing to do with Customs or the law.

And that is the lesson here... Legal/illegal is mute...you are at the mercy of goons with badges.
Kinda like TSA... :facepalm:
Be careful and have fun
I

Reactions: lemans81

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
"Paradox", French West Indies
But in this case I suspect @Izan may be correct in as much as they may have been security rather than custom's, my mistake if so. I really can't recall what badges they wore but the uniforms were the same coming in and out. However, they didn't steal them (I chucked um in a bin outside the departure area), and when I pressed them they said it was the rule of the airline (liat) and not the law of the country.

Anyway, the only relevance to the OP's questions is that on future visits my mods will be assimilated into the carry on camera gear right next to my lens etc. Hopefully, they won't see the wood for the trees:)

Reactions: Izan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread