Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
It's true, many atties have come in and out of vogue since the Odin craze (our resident Odin enabler has moved on, himself).

B2L is right, however - unless you're a bleeding edge, gotta have it kind of vaper, it can be risky and the hype can be... well... just hype.

That said, the atty that fights in the same weight class as the Odin that has near universal favour has to be the stumpy.

Current belle of the ball ingenues (ie, highly hyped and sought after) would be the NaRDA and M-Atty. The Snapdragon also bears honourable mention in that category. New on the horizon is the Pancake.

The Odin, though, still has a loyal and satisfied following. I'd say maybe sit down to a nice vape with your Odin and google one or two of the above (or ask more questions) if you're curious.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
True, but there's always the chance of spending a ton of cash chasing the dragon but end up vaping an Odin and have a drawer full of atties you don't use as well ;)

Truer words couldn't be said. It sounds like you really like the Odin just fine and that they are still getting it done for you. If so you've already found your Valhalla.

I didn't succumb to the Odin hype from the Odinmiester, who has in fact moved on to other vistas far removed from here. But I did buy a bunch of bf atty's, because of the hype here and elsewhere, that were a total waste of a lot of money when they didn't fill the bill for me. They're all in the bone yard now. I eventually found my niche bf atty's, bought enough of them to last several lifetimes and seldom pay much attention to the hype anymore. Well, maybe a snicker or two at the gullibility I had too when new to bottom feeders. ;)

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
The Odin is a fine atty. American made, and a great price point, compared to some others, which are 2x or 3x the price, and don't work any better. I still have one, although I don't use it often. My only complaint with the Odin is the location of the air slots, and the location required of the coils, because of the slots.
I got off the atty chasing train a few months ago. It was getting ridiculous. I found that some of the most hyped attys were disappointments, while a couple others, which weren't as hyped, fit the bill perfectly, for me.
I do all my vaping on about 4 types of attys; the RM4, Nuppin, Manta V2, and Thump.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
The Stumpy is one of those attys that got rave reviews and has a big following. For me, it's just meh. But I'm in the minority. I prefer the Manta V2 or the Thump over the Stumpy, hands down.
I've seen M Attys going for as much as $800, used, on Facebook, which I think is insane.

Reactions: John Jt Munn

jwat82

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
The Land of Lincoln
Ohman Titanium Pancake is my current favorite 22mm squonk atty. It's almost twice the price of the Odin, but is it almost twice as good? Probably not. The NarDA is awesome, but currently made of unobtanium (or at least at RRP). It was great, but not so much better than other atties I have that I traded it because the market value was so high.

I don't use 22mm atties on my reos because that slight overhang kills me. For my Reo's the Origen Little is top dog. Same great small chamber flavor of 14mm atty but more airflow and building options.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Ohman Titanium Pancake is my current favorite 22mm squonk atty. It's almost twice the price of the Odin, but is it almost twice as good? Probably not. The NarDA is awesome, but currently made of unobtanium (or at least at RRP). It was great, but not so much better than other atties I have that I traded it because the market value was so high.

I don't use 22mm atties on my reos because that slight overhang kills me. For my Reo's the Origen Little is top dog. Same great small chamber flavor of 14mm atty but more airflow and building options.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

I don't like 22mm attys on Reo Grands either. That's where I have my Nuppins and RM4s. I do use 22mm attys on my Woodvils. I'll probably use them on the P 67(s) as well.

Reactions: jwat82

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
The pancake and narda are both good atties, but they're currently affected by newness hype and scarcity. The pancake, in particular, prolly won't hold it's value (made from titanium, it's RRP is ~$120).

I've seen nardas go for well over RRP, which I put up to it being so scarce, solely, not because it's head and shoulders above all others in terms of quality or performance.

As a thought, the good ol' RM8/Derringer would be an excellent candidate given your vaping preferences. I know you were asking about new "it" atties, but if you're looking to experiment and don't want to make a $100 bet......

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I don't like 22mm atty's on any of my Reos, they don't deliver what I want like smaller atty's do. So I only have four 22mm atty's that haven't been unceremoniously tossed into The Box with all the rest of the 22mm atty's... yet. But saying they are destined to be there eventually would be a safe bet. Still out and being played with sometimes is a couple of Manta V1/V2 Hybrids and a couple of Aeronauts.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
I'm old. I'm feeble. I'm way behind the new millennium in just about everything. My smart(er than me) phone is exactly that. My children laugh at me, and their children wonder how I've made it this far without knowing any of the 'new stuff'.
And I still like the RM2. Yes, I have an RM4, a couple of RM7's, a Cyclone (standard cap and Cyclops AFC), a Remodeled for BF Veritas, and a Chalice III. I've sold an original Hornet and traded away an RM5. And I still like the RM2.
The only thing I know about an Odin is when first saw it, I though "I don't need it." Maybe I'll do a Reos Swap for an Odin just so it will look different in the 'bone box' section of my RBA rebuild box (tackle box).
And I still like the RM2.
But I'm old.

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
I've got six Odin's and plan on keeping them. They're solid atties that produce great flavor and vapor but there are others atties out there now that didn't exist when the Odin was so popular that kick .... too. My favorites right now are the Rouge, Stumpy and Narda in no particular order. They all vape differently as far as air flow goes but I like them each for their unique experience. The number of atties available right now are many, this is an exciting time for bottom feeders, our choices in atties have grown so much in the past 18 months or so. I really really want a Pancake, that deck just fascinates me, but I have to recover from my latest purchase first.

I've seen so much innovation in the world of atomizers in the past year or so. The designs and idea's these modders are bringing into the world of atomizers has been impressive.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
The pancake is a trip. Six +/- connections - sooo many build options. It's also got a "comb" tool accessory (sold separately) that allows you to build some very different coils for it. Perhaps a gimmick, but the build deck itself allows for a lot of freedom and experimentation.

In my somewhat limited time with it, would I say it's better than the narda or stumpy (for that style of vaping, all others excepted)? Prolly no, but it is a good 22mm atty.

Reactions: pennysmalls
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread