PV Juice Ingredients

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonRose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Indiana, USA
Ok, I've done some major searching here for the ingredients found in just about all PV Juices and here's the list I came up with.

Ingredients found in PV juice

* USP Grade Propylene Glycol (found in tobacco cigarettes)
* FCC Grade Vegetable Glycerin (*same as Glycerol*)
* USP Grade Glycerol (found in tobacco cigarettes)
* Water (found in tobacco cigarettes)
* Nicotine (not in Zero mg juice) (found in tobacco cigarettes)
* Natural Flavors (found in tobacco cigarettes)
* Artificial Flavors (found in tobacco cigarettes)
* Citric Acid (as a preservative) (found in tobacco cigarettes)
* Alcohol (found in tobacco cigarettes)

As you can see, everything except the VG, I found in the long list of things that are in Analogs. It's possible that VG is in them, but I didn't see it listed when I started looking through the list of ingredients that can be found in tobacco cigarettes.

So how can the FDA try to claim PV's are more dangerous or just as dangerous as analogs if what we are using is only 8 of the almost 4000 ingredients. I'm tired and can't do the math right now, but 8 out of 4000 is a very small fraction and in my way of thinking a very small risk compared to the alternative of smoking analogs. :confused:

Last edited:

MoonRose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Indiana, USA
Well guess what then folks, the FDA doesn't have a leg to stand on. Our PV Juice consists of only 7 ingredients and every one of them can be found in tobacco cigarettes. Now all we have to do is get the word out to everyone that minus all the carcinogenic chemicals in tobacco cigs, PV Juice has the exact same ingredients as they do. Hmmm 7 ingredients, all of them except the nicotine, proven safe for human consumption and inhalation. Nicotine no more dangerous or addictive than caffiene which is also a vasoconstrictor. Where is that dang lawyer and competant judge when we need them?

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
Well guess what then folks, the FDA doesn't have a leg to stand on. Our PV Juice consists of only 7 ingredients and every one of them can be found in tobacco cigarettes. Now all we have to do is get the word out to everyone that minus all the carcinogenic chemicals in tobacco cigs, PV Juice has the exact same ingredients as they do. Hmmm 7 ingredients, all of them except the nicotine, proven safe for human consumption and inhalation. Nicotine no more dangerous or addictive than caffiene which is also a vasoconstrictor. Where is that dang lawyer and competant judge when we need them?

Your right, it's a bunch of BS. But remember, just a year ago they banned flavored cigarettes because "they appeal to kids". No one batted an eye when that happened. Now they are trying the same thing with menthol claiming "they are appealing to kids and african americans". Whoo there, was that a racial remark? Yes it was. Unfortunately the can do whatever they want, and the courts are our only outlet if they ever do alter the law. Why? Because "PVs appeal to kids, and they are attractive drug delivery devices to non-smokers" and they just might get away w/ it.:(

MoonRose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Indiana, USA
Your right, it's a bunch of BS. But remember, just a year ago they banned flavored cigarettes because "they appeal to kids". No one batted an eye when that happened. Now they are trying the same thing with menthol claiming "they are appealing to kids and african americans". Whoo there, was that a racial remark? Yes it was. Unfortunately the can do whatever they want, and the courts are our only outlet if they ever do alter the law. Why? Because "PVs appeal to kids, and they are attractive drug delivery devices to non-smokers" and they just might get away w/ it.:(

#1. PV's do not appeal to kids because kids can't afford the cost of buying them and they sure don't want to take the time to do all the upkeep needed to keep them working properly.
#2. As a drug delivery device they have got to be kidding, besides nicotine they are not good for any other drug. Again they are expensive and using anything else in them besides our PV juices would ruin the attys in no time. Much cheaper to just go to Tractor Supply or a Co-Op to get needles and syringes for drugs.
#3. Since they want to complain about the flavors, let the companies only sell unflavored juices, we can flavor our own easily. Of course that means that the FDA needs to ban flavoring in everything sold to the public that might be harmful to people ... soda, chips, cookies, etc ... they are appealing to kids and are the #1 cause of obesity don't you know.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
#1. PV's do not appeal to kids because kids can't afford the cost of buying them and they sure don't want to take the time to do all the upkeep needed to keep them working properly.
#2. As a drug delivery device they have got to be kidding, besides nicotine they are not good for any other drug. Again they are expensive and using anything else in them besides our PV juices would ruin the attys in no time. Much cheaper to just go to Tractor Supply or a Co-Op to get needles and syringes for drugs.
#3. Since they want to complain about the flavors, let the companies only sell unflavored juices, we can flavor our own easily. Of course that means that the FDA needs to ban flavoring in everything sold to the public that might be harmful to people ... soda, chips, cookies, etc ... they are appealing to kids and are the #1 cause of obesity don't you know.

I know that, and you know that, and hopefully everyone on this forum knows that. But the FDA doesnt give a spit, they do whatever the eff they want to because they can. And I am pretty sure that the pharmapsuedical companies and the tobacco lobby losing revenue is one of their concerns as well as the fact that they are bullies and can get away w/ it. *shrug* that is how it is. Sorry to be so blunt, but if they want to, they WILL shut down PV sales. Then we will all have to buy our juice in back allies like c****heads. It is rediculous, and there are many products which the FDA refuses to allow to be legal, as well as MANY medications that are legal in europe, and very effective. But they won't allow them here. They are just one more of the MANY corrupt branches of gov't we have to contend w/ these days. :(:confused:

MoonRose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Indiana, USA
You know what, I hope the government does have it's spies monitoring this site. I want them to know that the people of America are getting fed up with all of their assinine rules and regulations, the taking away of our freedoms as adults to determine what is best for us, and the turning of our country into a communist totalitarian nation. And I just dare them to try and arrest me for my free speech. Wake up America, it's time we took back control of our own lives. Stop letting BIG BROTHER tell us what we can and cannot do even in our own homes. This insanity has got to be brought to an end. Let our votes at election time show them we mean business. Vote them all out and put in the average Joe's, not the rich career politicians who don't give a rat's a** about us.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
You know what, I hope the government does have it's spies monitoring this site. I want them to know that the people of America are getting fed up with all of their assinine rules and regulations, the taking away of our freedoms as adults to determine what is best for us, and the turning of our country into a communist totalitarian nation. And I just dare them to try and arrest me for my free speech. Wake up America, it's time we took back control of our own lives. Stop letting BIG BROTHER tell us what we can and cannot do even in our own homes. This insanity has got to be brought to an end. Let our votes at election time show them we mean business. Vote them all out and put in the average Joe's, not the rich career politicians who don't give a rat's a** about us.

Amen! Make sure and check out my poll in the OUTSIDE threads for Henry Rollins For President. I am very serious about this.

Quick

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
New Jersey

couldnt of said it any better myself :)

kanadiankat

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2010
Alberta, Canada
www.electrovapors.com
"Appealing to Kids" - a smokescreen!

Cigarettes are sold to "adults only" because they can be deadly - number 1 cause of cancer and highly addictive. Makes perfect sense. Still - 1000's of kids start smoking around the world every minute. The appeal is obviously NOT the very bad smell or the ....y flavor of burnt tar.

PV's are also for "adults only". No doubt kids will want to try them. No doubt they will find a way to buy them. No doubt that as long as we have children in the world - and things we don't want children to do - children will find a way to do them.

...won't matter if that "thing" tastes like strawberry or burnt tires.....:|:|

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
The antis like to claim that other tobacco products function as a "gateway" to smoking cigarettes. I wonder how many kids that started with a smokeless product would have proceeded to smoking if they had known the truth. As long as all other products are painted to be equally harmful as smoking, there is no incentive to NOT proceed to smoking.

I think back to the 60s when many kids were experimenting with drugs. Probably the vast majority tried out smoking the stuff that comes from the hemp plant, but very few ever tried out the "hard" drugs, because they believed those were much more dangerous. I suspect many more would have gone on to the hard drugs if they believed there was no difference in health risks.

omg they are watching?!!!!!

The antis like to claim that other tobacco products function as a "gateway" to smoking cigarettes. I wonder how many kids that started with a smokeless product would have proceeded to smoking if they had known the truth. As long as all other products are painted to be equally harmful as smoking, there is no incentive to NOT proceed to smoking.

I think back to the 60s when many kids were experimenting with drugs. Probably the vast majority tried out smoking the stuff that comes from the hemp plant, but very few ever tried out the "hard" drugs, because they believed those were much more dangerous. I suspect many more would have gone on to the hard drugs if they believed there was no difference in health risks.

noone was smoking anyhting from a hemp plant, if they did they would have to have smoked a rolled up the size of a telephone pole to get anything from it.

redbucket

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
USA
As a card carrying liberal, I'd like to thank the FDA for making sure snake oil salesmen don't rip off my grandmother and fly-by-night Chinese mercury peddlers don't kill my grandchildren with "get smart quick" syrups aimed at unsuspecting young parents.

PVs are unproven and untested in the scientific community, the FDA is naturally interested.

That being said, GET UR GUDDUM GOBBIMENT HANDS OFF MY VAPE.

throatkick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
FL
So how can the FDA try to claim PV's are more dangerous or just as dangerous as analogs if what we are using is only 8 of the almost 4000 ingredients. I'm tired and can't do the math right now, but 8 out of 4000 is a very small fraction and in my way of thinking a very small risk compared to the alternative of smoking analogs. :confused:

Your post illustrates the point perfectly.

On the other hand.......

They just want to tax/regulate it. For that, they have nicotine. The rest of the hoopla was created as a smear campaign so that people can thank the FDA for saving them from the next great pariah. Why else would the FDA lie by omission concerning the nitrosamines?? For the headlines, of course.

Look at what's happening in Europe. Again, they just attack the nicotine.

I have always had a theory as far as how this would go down in the US. I said that all the legal wrangling was there so as to allow a select few companies to gain a strong retail foothold. Once that was done, they would go after internet sales. While my theory did not impress TPTB, the way things are going it is still valid as that is what appears to be happening.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread