Status
Not open for further replies.

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
The pancake is a trip. Six +/- connections - sooo many build options. It's also got a "comb" tool accessory (sold separately) that allows you to build some very different coils for it. Perhaps a gimmick, but the build deck itself allows for a lot of freedom and experimentation.

In my somewhat limited time with it, would I say it's better than the narda or stumpy (for that style of vaping, all others excepted)? Prolly no, but it is a good 22mm atty.

Thanks for your input Papa L. If the Pancake is rated as good, not necessarily as a must have, in the 22mm class I'm interested and I'm reading lots of posts stating it's a good atty. I usually wait to buy an attie so I can see what the feedback is. I prefer to buy atties that I think I'll probably end up keeping. I have yet to sell any of my 22mm atties.

I took a risk with the Narda though. The thing with the Narda that interested me so and had me jumping on chowders list was the air holes and how they enter the chamber. It seemed to me that those air holes would get more concentrated air directly from the coil versus the entire inner chamber. This is in comparison to the atties I already have. So far with my centered single coil build I'm liking it a lot.

Reactions: Papa_Lazarou

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Thanks for your input Papa L. If the Pancake is rated as good, not necessarily as a must have, in the 22mm class I'm interested and I'm reading lots of posts stating it's a good atty. I usually wait to buy an attie so I can see what the feedback is. I prefer to buy atties that I think I'll probably end up keeping. I have yet to sell any of my 22mm atties.

I took a risk with the Narda though. The thing with the Narda that interested me so and had me jumping on chowders list was the air holes and how they enter the chamber. It seemed to me that those air holes would get more concentrated air directly from the coil versus the entire inner chamber. This is in comparison to the atties I already have. So far with my centered single coil build I'm liking it a lot.

Yeah, I believe you and I were both on the "fortunate 20" narda list. I took a chance, too, largely because a mate of mine had one and really, really liked it. Sure glad I jumped when I did.

I've got a pretty aggressive single coil (tiger wire) in it and it really sings.

The 'cake delivers a very solid vape and I haven't had any leaking so far. You'd prolly be very happy with it.

Reactions: pennysmalls

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I never fell in love with my Odin. The size hampered my ability to lift the door and let it fall with that nice "click" sound. I'm in love, however, with my Chalice III.

One of several reasons why I don't like 22mm attys on Reo Grands. Can't click the door up and down.

Reactions: Spydro

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Clicking doors was not a habit that I picked up. I just don't like big atty's for various other reasons. Saw enough of them in the tube mod days, especially some of the 22mm/23mm tank/genesis/hybrid top gear I used that were bulky, heavy, tall and unsightly. IE, the hybrid GP Heron that is an awesome topper in use IMO, eliminates the 510 issues with the far better G Pin system and worked way better than the RTA tanks for me. But it's also big and heavy even on the tube mods they were made for. So what does this have to do with Reos? Well, I have the 510 adapters made for them to use 2 of my Heron's on Reos if I really wanted to. Wouldn't need to squonk, the tank fluff holds plenty of joose for all day. Nah!!! Would be ugly as sin tall on a Reo (same as the 2 Aeornaut's I have). ;)

711.jpg

4 Herons, 1 SnP w/Sophia RTA, 2 Senio RDA's on GP PAPS.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Clicking doors was not a habit that I picked up. I just don't like big atty's for various other reasons. Saw enough of them in the tube mod days, especially some of the 22mm/23mm tank/genesis/hybrid top gear I used that were bulky, heavy, tall and unsightly. IE, the hybrid GP Heron that is an awesome topper in use IMO, eliminates the 510 issues with the far better G Pin system and worked way better than the RTA tanks for me. But it's also big and heavy even on the tube mods they were made for. So what does this have to do with Reos? Well, I have the 510 adapters made for them to use 2 of my Heron's on Reos if I really wanted to. Wouldn't need to squonk, the tank fluff holds plenty of joose for all day. Nah!!! Would be ugly as sin tall on a Reo (same as the 2 Aeornaut's I have). ;)

711.jpg

Nice looking tubes. I haven't used any of my tube mods since becoming a Reo fanatic; and I have some nice mechanical tubes. They just sit there in the rack. I should get a couple of them out, and fool around with them, for old time's sake. I was a die hard mesh genisis user, before getting into RDAs, and then Reos. Gennys are a great vape.
I've never gotten into the current rage of RTAs. Mrs Rule uses them, and loves them.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada

711.jpg

That's a stellar collection of GP P's, right there. Can only imagine what it would have cost :shock:

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
That's a stellar collection of GP P's, right there. Can only imagine what it would have cost :shock:

I spent just shy of $4500 on GP gear & spare parts in 2.5 months Papa. A month later I bought my first Reo and never looked back. But then all I would ever need was two Reos with one for backup... right? Have over double that into the Reos, bf atty's, etc.....
... so far. ;)

jwat82

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
The Land of Lincoln
e237e7e045bd6ad9baa008cc5973572b.jpg

Things are forever moving. I have been using the Pancake on my E8 for a while now and probably will stick with it for a while as I really can't find anything wrong with it.

Oh really good with mesh !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Can you post a mesh pic build pretty please?

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
e237e7e045bd6ad9baa008cc5973572b.jpg

Things are forever moving. I have been using the Pancake on my E8 for a while now and probably will stick with it for a while as I really can't find anything wrong with it.

Oh really good with mesh !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Nice looking rig, Andy. Long time, no see.

John Jt Munn

Feb 24, 2015
Cloudcroft, NM
Last time I posted here, the Odin was the new rage. I bought a few and have used it ever since. Ive been out of the loop a bit. I dont see much talk about it anymore. Has something better come along that I dont know about?!
No if I had to pick what the best bf Atty is it would have to be the snapdragon or origen little for flavor if your looking for clouds I can't help you

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Fulgurant

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
No if I had to pick what the best bf Atty is it would have to be the snapdragon or origen little for flavor if your looking for clouds I can't help you

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The origen is awesome, no doubt; glad I picked one up and will be ordering another soon -- but if I'm forced to be objective, it's not ~$60 (2-3 times) better than the various atties on Rob's website. Compared to the Origen, my RM3s are vastly inferior in terms of build quality, ease of coiling, and flexibility, but if I had to vape an RM3 for the rest of my life, I'd happily do it.

Once you have a good bottom feeder, you quickly reach the point of diminished returns on new gear. Buy the newest craze because you have the money to spend and you wanna mess with something different (and/or because you want backups), not because you're chasin a better vape. Chances are that the best you're gonna get is a gilded lily.

Last edited:

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
The origen is awesome, no doubt; glad I picked one up and will be ordering another soon -- but if I'm forced to be objective, it's not ~$60 (2-3 times) better than the various atties on Rob's website. Compared to the Origen, my RM3s are vastly inferior in terms of build quality, ease of coiling, and flexibility, but if I had to vape an RM3 for the rest of my life, I'd happily do it.

Once you have a good bottom feeder, you quickly reach the point of diminished returns on new gear. Buy the newest craze because you have the money to spend and you wanna mess with something different (and/or because you want backups), not because you're chasin a better vape. Chances are that the best you're gonna get is a gilded lily.

I like the 'gilded lily' reference. I have several bottom feeders. But I can get as good a vape from my lowly RM4s, as I can from attys that are 2x or 3x the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread