Does e-liquid (PG and/or VG) have any alcohol or animal extracts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Averroes

Jul 30, 2010
Kuwait
Hi guys,
I was wondering whether PG and/or VG based e-liquid have any alcohol or animal extracts? I heard that some e-liquid suppliers use pure grain alcohol, but how can I tell? And why would they use pure grain alcohol? I would like to read more about the contents and sources of PG and VG based e-liquid, so if there is someone that can help me on this, I would really appreciate it.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
No animal products. USP glycerine is a plant product. PG is not an animal product. Alcohol is used to thin VG sometimes, and some of the flavorings they are using could be alcohol based as well. Most probably aren't. But it is a very small amount. I did however, get some 100mg VG to mix with(nic, VG and alcohol), and it was kind of harsh, until I let it breathe. It mixes much better now that it has evapped alittle.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
I make my own liquid because I no longer use nicotine, and I use vodka in it. Others do the same thing. Alcohol WILL NOT HURT YOU. The alcohol part is burnt off so no one inhales it and even if they did, it would wouldn't amount to anything.
LowThudd explained PG & VG to you.
NO animal anything is in the liquid. There is a lot of misinformation around---some of it done on purpose, some out of fear, 99.9% of it is wrong.

Here's a couple places for you to read and learn and find out some truths and mistruths.
ECF Library
The ECF Library - E-Cigarette Forum

ECF Library Annex
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/groups/ecf-library-annex.html

--------------------------------------------
Midwest Vapefest 2010
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...cig-consumers-world-st-louis.html#post1716858
Consider me your recycling center for Njoy Pro, Smoking Everywhere Gold, Cloud 9, Smoke 51 Trio, and DSE103 useless batteries.
Other hardware if it’s still usable.
Those I loan out to/give to thank you.
----------------------------------------------
Support CASAA
http://www.casaa.org/
Don’t forget to donate to IVAQS research
http://www.casaa.org/support/ivaqs.asp

Averroes

Jul 30, 2010
Kuwait
No animal products. USP glycerine is a plant product. PG is not an animal product. Alcohol is used to thin VG sometimes, and some of the flavorings they are using could be alcohol based as well. Most probably aren't. But it is a very small amount. I did however, get some 100mg VG to mix with(nic, VG and alcohol), and it was kind of harsh, until I let it breathe. It mixes much better now that it has evapped alittle.
Thank you for the information. So chances are higher for VG to have alcohol than PG due to its thick nature. Still - at the same time - flavorings of both VG and PG might be alcohol based, right? Anyway, it seems like I need to ask the seller or the manufacturer of the e-liquid I intend to buy from whether he uses alcohol or not.
I make my own liquid because I no longer use nicotine, and I use vodka in it. Others do the same thing. Alcohol WILL NOT HURT YOU. The alcohol part is burnt off so no one inhales it and even if they did, it would wouldn't amount to anything.
LowThudd explained PG & VG to you.
NO animal anything is in the liquid. There is a lot of misinformation around---some of it done on purpose, some out of fear, 99.9% of it is wrong.

Here's a couple places for you to read and learn and find out some truths and mistruths.
ECF Library
The ECF Library - E-Cigarette Forum

ECF Library Annex
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/groups/ecf-library-annex.html

Midwest Vapefest 2010
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...cig-consumers-world-st-louis.html#post1716858
Consider me your recycling center for Njoy Pro, Smoking Everywhere Gold, Cloud 9, Smoke 51 Trio, and DSE103 useless batteries.
Other hardware if it’s still usable.
Those I loan out to/give to thank you.
----------------------------------------------
Support CASAA
CASAA | The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-Free Alternatives Association
Don’t forget to donate to IVAQS research
CASAA.org
Thank you for the information and links.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
Thank you for the information. So chances are higher for VG to have alcohol than PG due to its thick nature. Still - at the same time - flavorings of both VG and PG might be alcohol based, right? Anyway, it seems like I need to ask the seller or the manufacturer of the e-liquid I intend to buy from whether he uses alcohol or not.

Thank you for the information and links.

Just out of curiocity, I noticed you are from Kuwait, are you worried about your religious convictions? I was just wondering. :)

Averroes

Jul 30, 2010
Kuwait
Just out of curiocity, I noticed you are from Kuwait, are you worried about your religious convictions? I was just wondering. :)
Yes. And I don't want to buy e-liquid that has alcohol in it, because alcohol is prohibited in Kuwait. If the Kuwaiti customs open my package and find e-liquid that has alcohol in it, they're going to confiscate all my e-liquid, destroy the package, and probably interrogate me. So why cause myself headache because of the regulations?

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
Yes. And I don't want to buy e-liquid that has alcohol in it, because alcohol is prohibited in Kuwait. If the Kuwaiti customs open my package and find e-liquid that has alcohol in it, they're going to confiscate all my e-liquid, destroy the package, and probably interrogate me. So why cause myself headache because of the regulations?

Uderstood. You could buy PG nic juice of say 50mg(PG or VG with no alcohol). You can thenbuy straight VG or PG, available in many drug stores in the US, probably in Kuwait as well. You can also order flavorings, which are known to not have alcohol(Like LorAnns oils), then mix your own. It will cost much less money, and you can controll the quality yourself.

Here is a calculator that will help if you decide to do this:
eJuice Recipe Calculator

Averroes

Jul 30, 2010
Kuwait
Uderstood. You could buy PG nic juice of say 50mg(PG or VG with no alcohol). You can thenbuy straight VG or PG, available in many drug stores in the US, probably in Kuwait as well. You can also order flavorings, which are known to not have alcohol(Like LorAnns oils), then mix your own. It will cost much less money, and you can controll the quality yourself.

Here is a calculator that will help if you decide to do this:
eJuice Recipe Calculator
Many thanks for the information, I really appreciate the link to the calculator, this will help me alot. I'll look for drug stores that sell VG and PG in Kuwait, if I couldn't find any, I'll look for stores online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread