Not open for further replies.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Great pictorial.

Most of my Nuppin's have always ran extra wide bore slip fit DT's, made from black or white Delrin, SS, brass and copper. So do all my Chalice III's, O-16's and some of my other BF atty's. I've also been doing high center parallel builds partially "up inside" the Delrin DT's on Nuppin's almost from the start as well.

tobarger

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2010
NorthCoastOhio
The screws are the same size for the center post and negative holes in the deck. Link is directly from Peter's(pdib) thread(ECF/muzichead)
Set Screw - 18-8 Stainless Steel Cup Point M2(Metric 2mmDiam), 2.5mm Long, 0.4mm Pitch - Hex key 0.9mm or 0.035"
McMaster-Carr

Last edited:

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Weeded out the riffraff.....
nup8ss.jpg

JetMac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Valdosta, GA, USA
Thanks fellas. Honestly, and I never thought I'd be saying this...the nuppin has been my front runner atty for the last 3 months or so. It's funny, I hated the atty for the longest time after I first got it. I couldn't figure out how to mount the coils properly, couldn't wick it right, I'd get spit back, flavor wasn't on par with my cyclone rba or derringer rda so on and so forth. I basically gave up on it and set it aside for quite some time. Well a few months ago I decided to give it another try, figured if it still didn't work id sell it off. Anyway, after much reading and learning and receiving advice about different methods, I finally got what I've been looking for out of this little guy. I get good vapor, tremendous flavor, no spit back, the coils go in very quickly now that I have the learning curve down. Wicks easily, and I just can't put it down. It has permanently earned its rightful place atop my favorite kawa green LP grand. The down side, after much repeated use lately, my grubs are starting to strip and I need to get extras. So thanks again fellas for the info and I'll be ordering a few new screws very soon.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

The.Drifter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2013
Virginia
Another personal project......Working on a Ultem Nuppin Topcap to go with the Ultem Wide Bore Drip tip I posted earlier ;)

Here is where it's at so far :D
5b9bhmo7rz1b5326g.jpg

k497y9riqjaugpq6g.jpg

Mounted on a CCmod :D

81vh3p6v1k19lvb6g.jpg

...with contrasting brass drip tip:
ui7ropacttawm8w6g.jpg

So I'm torn, do I put the slots in or maybe try for a couple holes for this piece.....whatcha think???

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Looks cooool. I'd say it depends on how you like your air... i run my nuppins wide open, so I'd go for q slot. But if you know just the right hole size....

Another personal project......Working on a Ultem Nuppin Topcap to go with the Ultem Wide Bore Drip tip I posted earlier ;)

Here is where it's at so far :D
5b9bhmo7rz1b5326g.jpg

k497y9riqjaugpq6g.jpg

Mounted on a CCmod :D

81vh3p6v1k19lvb6g.jpg

...with contrasting brass drip tip:
ui7ropacttawm8w6g.jpg

So I'm torn, do I put the slots in or maybe try for a couple holes for this piece.....whatcha think???

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Comes down to the aesthetics that appeal to you and your vape style of MTL or DLH. Standard slots or a bank of holes or slots in some pattern.

All my Nup's run both slots wide open for my long slow DLH's. Have thought about having a 3rd or 3rd and 4th slot too when I run high parallel builds sometimes with 3 slots open without the AFC sleeve. Even asked you about that once, but never heard back.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I'm so soo late to this party, but I'm thinking a nuppin might be a good fit for me. I'm keeping my eye on the classifieds and have a wanted ad out. Anyway, for those of you who have a O-16, how would you say it compares? I like the idea of the AFC, unique negative post capture, and internal 14mm diameter.
Truth be told, I currently find myself using my O-16s more than my Nuppins. Understand however that I'm strictly an MTl vaper who likes a fairly tight draw, with single coil builds in the 0.7 range and duals around 0.5.

spiritv

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
IA
Truth be told, I currently find myself using my O-16s more than my Nuppins. Understand however that I'm strictly an MTl vaper who likes a fairly tight draw, with single coil builds in the 0.7 range and duals around 0.5.

That's great feedback, thanks Rossum! I'm pretty happy with my O-16 and I'm toying with the idea of buying another for my husband (who has similar preferences), or going a different route. I really don't want to sink a bunch of money experimenting with hard to find atomizers. ;) My typical build on the O-16 is around 0.4ohms, 26g dual coil and I'm a restricted lung hitter (who likes warm vapor).

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
That buy was a "score" and you're going to LOVE it...
I haven't (yet) bought an O-16, pretty much only because I run my Nuppins "wide open". From your description, you'll have the ability to shift your draw a bit based on mood, and still have an awesome atty with stellar flavor...

That's great feedback, thanks Rossum! I'm pretty happy with my O-16 and I'm toying with the idea of buying another for my husband (who has similar preferences), or going a different route. I really don't want to sink a bunch of money experimenting with hard to find atomizers. ;) My typical build on the O-16 is around 0.4ohms, 26g dual coil and I'm a restricted lung hitter (who likes warm vapor).

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
The O-16 and Nup' have very similar performance. For lusty MTL or restricted DL they are both excellent, with particularly good flavour production.

The O-16 is easier to build in general and certainly if you wanted to experiment with build types (it's deck lends itself better to that).

Unless you wanted to try out the grass on the other side of the fence, you've already got a best-of-breed atty on your hands. That said, if you need/want to expand your stable, you would not be unhappy with a Nup', to be sure.

spiritv

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
IA
The O-16 and Nup' have very similar performance. For lusty MTL or restricted DL they are both excellent, with particularly good flavour production.

The O-16 is easier to build in general and certainly if you wanted to experiment with build types (it's deck lends itself better to that).

Unless you wanted to try out the grass on the other side of the fence, you've already got a best-of-breed atty on your hands. That said, if you need/want to expand your stable, you would not be unhappy with a Nup', to be sure.

Very helpful thanks!

Reactions: Papa_Lazarou

dwroblewski

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2014
Omaha, NE
Picked up a V1 Nuppin in the classies. (hope another comes up for you @spiritv)
Does anybody know the o-ring size for the V1?
Thanks
I missed the post office today (closed at 1:00... didn't realize that until I got there at 1:30!). It'll be on its way you on Monday! Enjoy!

Reactions: puffon

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither

Mostly +1
The Nuppin's and O-16's are my most used atty's, reside on a dozen Reos. I get similar results to what Papa said, but use them for different applications and with some different builds. When it comes to flavor, they are both flavor magnets with the right builds for the joose they are running. And they have versatile decks that to me are both easy to build on. My builds for both... 2.5mm early on, 3mm now pulled and rolled cotton that holds way more joose for my long lung hits. But a couple of the Nup's still have 3mm RxW builds as well. Most are 26 A1 or N80, but some with 27 A1 or 28N80 as well. I build to the joose in the .35-.75 ohm range mostly, do have a couple at .9 ohm (because of the joose).

The O-16's all reside on Mini 1.0's, IMO the perfect match to these baby Reos. I run their AFC's wide open for all single or dual builds using long, slow DLH draws. Three of them are running dual's, the fourth will as well next time I rebuild it. I've tried some wild builds in them, but went back to KISS dual horizontal in them that give me plenty of flavor rich vapor.

The Nup's are used on larger Reos, '650 Grands and Woodvil's. I always run both AFC slot's wide open for any build, sometimes even without the AFC sleeve installed to have 3 slots open for some builds/joose. My favorite builds in them are high center parallel coils and dual horizontal parallel (in that order) from .35 to .7 depending on for which ADV. But I also run simple dual horizontal and 3mm RxW in some.

Early picture of O-16's with 2.5mm duals/pulled & rolled... I use 3mm coils in them now.
o16-2s.jpg

Nuppin' with a 2.5mm "extra" high center parallel coil/pulled & rolled... the coil actually goes part way up inside the extra wide bore slip fit Delrin DT, so gets massive air. Tread lightly if you try this build, measure thrice.

nup-p-build.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread