E-Liquid cant be that dangerous can it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomer

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Hey there im just trying to work out how dangerous this stuff is, i mean when i drip i vape 5 - 6 drips worth in one go, so does that mean if i get 5 -6 drips on my skin it is the same? And so pretty safe to get on my skin? Or am i smoking way too much e-liquid.

Im very new to this and it seems like e-liquid labelles like it is extremely dangerous stuff and then i go and vape a few drops of it at a time into my lungs, surely vapeing it has to be worse than getting it on your skin?

Also just how dangerous can getting a drop of eliquid in your mouth be if you are vapeing a few drops in a session into your lungs?

Cheers Lee.

incineradma

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Midwest
www.myspace.com
In concentrated amounts nicotine is deadly or at the very least harmful. I think the labels are for that purpose, and to protect themselves from lawsuits. You needn't worry of a little, and I was getting it in my mouth a lot, with almost every puff because I had too much in there. I ususally stick to 2-4 drops into the cartridge and add more every 15-30 minutes it seems. I pretty much smoke mine all day.It states be careful not to get it in the mucus mebranes, I believe this may be because there are many blood vessels or it is a quick way to get it into your bloodstream regardless.

Oh and i use a DSE901 (the mini) so the number of drops varies

0ogier

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
Lancs ,UK
www.ecig-liquid.co.uk
Hey there im just trying to work out how dangerous this stuff is, i mean when i drip i vape 5 - 6 drips worth in one go, so does that mean if i get 5 -6 drips on my skin it is the same? And so pretty safe to get on my skin? Or am i smoking way too much e-liquid.

Im very new to this and it seems like e-liquid labelles like it is extremely dangerous stuff and then i go and vape a few drops of it at a time into my lungs, surely vapeing it has to be worse than getting it on your skin?

Also just how dangerous can getting a drop of eliquid in your mouth be if you are vapeing a few drops in a session into your lungs?

Cheers Lee.

One of the properties of nicotine is that it can be absorbed into the body through the skin. so if you spill your ecig liquid onto your skin and not wash it off ie 5-6 drops and vape 5-6 drops you will have got youself a much bigger hit. although the spilt ecig-liquid will be absorbed slower.

Methinks as has been said before the warnings are for trading standards compliance and legal protection.

Regards 0ogier

RjG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2008
Edmonton AB Canada
One of the properties of nicotine is that it can be absorbed into the body through the skin. so if you spill your ecig liquid onto your skin and not wash it off ie 5-6 drops and vape 5-6 drops you will have got youself a much bigger hit. although the spilt ecig-liquid will be absorbed slower.

Methinks as has been said before the warnings are for trading standards compliance and legal protection.

Regards 0ogier

Duuuuuude ! Don't make stuff up, that's not cool.

Perhaps you should actually put 5 drops of e-liquid on your skin, and try it before posting?

Anyone who drips or refills their carts all day gets it all over their fingers, and even a handful now and then. It doesn't do jack.

Loogie

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Charlotte, NC - USA
Duuuuuude ! Don't make stuff up, that's not cool.

Perhaps you should actually put 5 drops of e-liquid on your skin, and try it before posting?

Anyone who drips or refills their carts all day gets it all over their fingers, and even a handful now and then. It doesn't do jack.

yeah, I get it all over my fingers when I'm switching carts. no new changes, no extra buzz...nothing.

0ogier

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
Lancs ,UK
www.ecig-liquid.co.uk
yeah, I get it all over my fingers when I'm switching carts. no new changes, no extra buzz...nothing.

Not made up sorry. worded badly I hold my hand up.

Nicotine is one of the only chemicals in the world that can get through your outer skin layer and into the blood stream. ( thats how those patches work/dont work ).

I used the word Hit and that is not really a good term. after all vaping the liquid over the surface area of a tennis court (lungs) to get into the blood against a couple of inches of skin is a tad different.

All I was trying to get at the spilt nicotine will be absorbed into the skin and the blood srteam. and that you blood nicotine levels will be higher than just vaping alone.

Hope you see what I mean

Cheers

0ogier

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
Difference between nicotine in water and nicotine in PG/VG does seem to be big... from what I understood, the first will be absorbed, the latter hardly or only very slowly (through the skin that is). I remember TB experimenting with getting it in through the skin... indeed didn't work well at all.

Old posts hold só much information on all these kinds of questions... real pity they seem to be so hard to find (but then again: there are indeed a LOT of those...)

Last edited:

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
I think i am using about the same as you, also is it normal that when i drip i get a really good throat hit but not really with the carts?

Oh, yes, completely normal. That's why there are so many who like to drip. :)

Generally speaking, a fresh cartridge will give a good hit, but the quality of the hit starts to fade fairly quickly, imo. Part of that is no doubt due to the fact that the nictotine kind of numbs a bit so as you vape more in a sitting, you tend to feel it less. The other part, though, is as the cartridge gets used up, there's less liquid being vaporized. That explains why I am constantly topping off a cartridge, even if it's still fairly full. :)

I like to directly drip into my atomizer from time to time, but you want to be careful not to put more than a couple of drops in at a time. It's easy to flood your atomizer, and then you have to disassemble the e-cig and blow out the atomizer to get rid of the excess liquid. And if you don't have a sealed battery, you gotta hope you didn't manage to get any liquid into the battery. :(

Elwin

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Missouri, USA
Nicotine is one of the only chemicals in the world that can get through your outer skin layer and into the blood stream. ( thats how those patches work/dont work ).

Actually, I thought that the reason that a transdermal patch worked - nicotine, or any other type, in fact - was the inclusion of DMSO, or similar chemicals. This is the transdermal carrier that allows the medication to be introduced through the epidermis and into the blood stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread