Status
Not open for further replies.

FACE MEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
Assuming there's still some in stock, I'll be buying a P67 in a week or two.

I have a feeling the small atomizers I use atop my LP Grand (Reactor, RM2, etc.) will look a bit wonky on a P67.

Can anyone recommend a 22mm atty for a P67? Here are my criteria:

-22mm
-Bottom-fed or modifiable to bottom-fed
-MTL friendly
-Small chamber
-Single coil capable
-Resistant to leaking
-Doesn't cost an arm and a leg

Thanks REOville!

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
the derringer on robs site seems to fit most of your criterea but can leak if you don't pay attention
I love the Derringer...I have several, but It's not really mtl friendly. It can be done, but, meh. It's not very single coil friendly. It can be done, but again, meh. It can leak...much easier than a top air atty. Derringers are great, but I don't think they fit his criteria at all.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Yes. This pic shows the three rings that usually come with - black, SS, or copper.
The holes in that line up (or don't - that's your AFC) with holes in the cap, then a ring (with air slots - you can see the bottom of it) tightens down on top and holds it in place.
Inside of the cap is domed - so the smaller chamber = good flavor atty.

manta-v2-rda-cool-design-manta-v2-rda-clone.jpg

The Manta is top air flow, correct?

Reactions: Asbestos4004

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I have a NoName NoGain drilled out for DLH's. The flavor is better than a Manta (I don't use the ring with it).

nogain.jpg

I don't find my Manta V1/V2 Hybrids to be on par with any of my top shelf flavor atty's. Even so I'm still piddling around with them when all my other 22mm atty's have just collected dust since soon after I got them.

slmanta.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: K31Scout

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
The best 22mm atties I would currently recommend are a little pricey - the snapdragon, the narda, and pancake. The snappy and narda, in particular, are great for MTL, single coils, and (I find) leak resistantance. They also do not scrimp on the flavour (a priority which is implied by your preferences).

The cost might be a non-starter for you, but they would prolly get you the best vape.

The Manta is perfectly serviceable and nails most (if not all) of your list items, but I just don't find it produces well. Others do and swear by it, but it's an also-ran for me.

The Stumpy is great but can leak (as any side air atty can), the Thump is great (top air) but prefers dual coils (I find), so there's a couple that are really good atties if you're willing to budge on either of those criteria.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
I like the Manta V2, and it fits your criteria. I recently got a clone ($10) modified ($10) for BF and I found .3ohm 5wrap 2.5ID 34K/28SS clapton single coil with rayon to produce a smooth, warm flavorful cloud. It is a tight fit inside that tight chamber. The leak-free top flow is the best of the top air atties I've tried. Nary a drop of leakage over the couple weeks it's been mounted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread