Status
Not open for further replies.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
For those of you who fly frequently, how to you pack your mods, tanks, batteries, juices you bring etc?

From what I understand, almost all airlines will not allow you to check your batteries so carry on is the only option for our mods?

Is there a limit to how much ejuice I can bring with me? Also do I have to take my mod/battery out while going through security?

Thanks!

Reactions: Jdurand

73neb

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2014
N. California Bay Area
I always take two mods, batteries in cases, and charger, packed in a small bag in my carry-on. TSA forbids li-ion batteries in checked bags. I put my juice in plastic 100ml bottles in a quart ziploc bag that gets put in the tray by itself when going through screening. I've never had any trouble in any airport, domestic or international.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
I haven't had any trouble, but I was asked many times several years ago to remove the batteries from the power devices.

I do it out of habit now, I always have plastic battery cases to carry batteries in with me.
I can tell you if you toss a couple loose batteries in a small bin with your change & keys 7 out of 10 times you will get a reaction from TSA.

Monday a young lady in line in front of me placed 2 loose 18650's in the change pocket of her purse to be screened, the young man with her tossed 2 into a bin with loose change, keys & belt with metal buckle.
Stopped the line for 6 minutes, neither had a battery case to put them in. Both got an invitation to a private area.

Reactions: YoursTruli

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
I haven't had any trouble, but I was asked many times several years ago to remove the batteries from the power devices.

I do it out of habit now, I always have plastic battery cases to carry batteries in with me.
I can tell you if you toss a couple loose batteries in a small bin with your change & keys 7 out of 10 times you will get a reaction from TSA.

Monday a young lady in line in front of me placed 2 loose 18650's in the change pocket of her purse to be screened, the young man with her tossed 2 into a bin with loose change, keys & belt with metal buckle.
Stopped the line for 6 minutes, neither had a battery case to put them in. Both got an invitation to a private area.

Thanks for the heads up, I actually purchased 5 double battery cases for travel purposes and just in case I lose any of them lol.

Does the TSA actually require you take the batteries out of your carry on and place it (in cases of course) in the bin like they would do with your laptop and tablet? Was under the impression you can just keep them in your carry on (in cases ofcourse :)).

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
I don't if it is required or not, I always remove batteries & put them in a case then place batteries & power device in bin with liquids, wallet & so on.

My view is if you don't act like you're trying to sneak something through undetected & make their job easier you'll have fewer problems.

I've never been given a strange look flying with vape gear, quite some time ago there were a few questions asked.

Reactions: Rossum

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
TSA all around the world is very familiar with vape gear. Keep to the standard rules for ejuice that apply even to shampoo, keep your batteries in a case and carried on and put chargers and build supplies in the checked bags. You'll be fine. A tip for carrying extra juice in your checked bag, put juice in glass bottles that have a rubber seal inside the cap. Put those in a ziplock just to be sure, but I haven't had one leak that way. Plastic bottles, on the other hand, do not go in the cargo hold very well. I know this from experience!

vapeNoob4

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2015
Is there a limit to how much ejuice I can bring with me? Also do I have to take my mod/battery out while going through security?

I recently travelled through the Denver Airport departing to arrival at another state. If you have large bottles of vape juice you'll probably be pulled aside because TSA monitors any fluid or cream or substance that has a certain ounce limitations. The TSA website and you can search my history to get the TSA page that lists the restrictions.

TSA Regulations Official Site Explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread