Status
Not open for further replies.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts

What did the Stones do on their night off between shownights in Chicago?
Party at Buddy Guy's Blues club and play with Muddy and friends of course.
That DVD/CD is a great value at Best buy for about $15 :thumb:

Last edited:

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
What did the Stones do on their night off between shownights in Chicago?
Party at Buddy Guy's Blues club and play with Muddy and friends of course.
That DVD/CD is a great value at Best buy for about $15 :thumb:
it still kicks my azz that the few times i was in chicago in the early 70s, i failed to hook up at the classic blues clubs

or maybe i did, but was too drunk and stoned to remember.

either way, it sucks

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
it still kicks my azz that the few times i was in chicago in the early 70s, i failed to hook up at the classic blues clubs

or maybe i did, but was too drunk and stoned to remember.

either way, it sucks
The two times I got into Chicago proper were right out of boot camp.
The first time was to um, get a date.

The second was a bunch of us found out that Richard Pryor's stand up movie "Live" was playing on the south side and it was pretty funny watching my friends try to deal with the scene.

My best friend growing up had a fro and he got ...... when I blew smoke in his hair to make "forest fires". His dad was a baptist minister in Mashpee, Mass and I'd been to some of his sermons.
Wildest church I'd ever seen.

I kind of knew what to expect downtown and at the show but when people around us jumped up to yell to Richard (testify!) my friends got freaked out and wanted to leave lol. I talked them down so we stayed and had a blast.

Good times.

Last edited:
Reactions: MamaTried

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
The two times I got into Chicago proper were right out of boot camp.
The first time was to um, get a date.

The second was a bunch of us found out that Richard Pryor's stand up movie "Live" was playing on the south side and it was pretty funny watching my friends try to deal with the scene.

My best friend growing up had a fro and he got ...... when I blew smoke in his hair to make "forest fires". His dad was a baptist minister in Mashpee, Mass and I'd been to some of his sermons.
Wildest church I'd ever seen.

I kind of knew what to expect downtown and at the show but when people around us jumped up to yell to Richard (testify!) my friends got freaked out and wanted to leave lol. I talked them down so we stayed and had a blast.

Good times.

LOL
when i was 5 or 6, i was wandering some sunday morning and found myself outside a gospel church. that pretty much did it. i ended up becoming a boy preacher...

... until i discovered sex, dregs and R&R...

when i was about 9 or 10, an uncle moved in from alaska to live with us. so i met my cousin "Pinky" who was in love with James Brown and could dance just like him. he (Pinky) was awesome. it took me a bit to warm up to James, but i'm glad i did

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I have more James Brown records on King than Elvis records.
No mean feat out here in the great white wastelands of the burbs.
I like finding James Brown or Zappa or Blue Cheer in a batch of Mitch Miller & crap like that better than Ebay. I'm a used record bin digger and craigslist 800 record lot find flipper. Ebay's like cheating.

No Zeppelin music in this one. Just a documentary I never saw before yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread