Dual coil lung hitters - if you had to choose just one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiritv

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
IA
For those of you who run dual coils and direct lung hit (bonus points if you have a penchant for warm vapes). If you had to only choose one atomizer, what would it be? I know, it's a tough question. There have been many threads here over the years of the 'next best thing' and I'm curious what you would settle on (if you had to).

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
I run dual coils at 0.3 ohms for my Reo. It's my go to build. I've only used 2 bottomfed RDAs, so my opinion might be different than a lot of peoples. I've used a Nuppin' V1 and the Odin V1. I keep going back to the Odin. Easy to build on, airflow is great and I can close it down to make it a warmer vape.

I'll be curious though to see other replies in this thread to people who have used a lot more RDAs.

coaldriller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2014
West Virginia
Kinda leaning on the Nipple.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457191384.506686.jpg

Sent from the land of squonking [emoji631]

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I haven't used the ones that super T has, but I have used the odin and the nuppin. The odin really reduces flavor. It's not a flavor atty. I loved the nuppin for flavor, but it is a bit of a tighter draw. You can still lung hit, but it's a bit tight. My fav hands down......Rm8 derringer!! Great flavor, easy to get, easy to build and wick, great for lung hitting. Need a couple more of these!

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Haven't thrown effort and money at getting my hands on the "latest" hot atties - so I can't compare with things like a NarDa, M-Atty, or even Pancake, etc...

All day every day, I rotate through these: Nuppins, Rogues and a Manta.

No leaks, great flavor, simple builds work well.
I'm usually at 0.4-0.55, and lately keep returning to a simple 27 gauge, 2.5mm coils, about 5 wraps.
That's for a slightly restricted lung hit (wide-open Nuppin for example), and I find it warm, with a quick heat-up (i hate to wait, lol).

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
For more air Stumpy and Thump are good, just gotta watch the Thump for spit back. I've been using Odin v1's for a year now and they never let me down, but not as much air. I really want a v2 but have to many other irons in the fire right now, plus I have six v1's. I should probably thin that herd out.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
As a DLH flavor chaser the smaller chamber atty's always will be my favorites. IOW I still haven't tried a bf 22mm atty that I can't live without. The availability of plenty of air intake is a huge factor as I vape to fill my lungs completely just like I did all the years I smoked cigs/pipes. Some atty's that didn't have enough air and were practical to increase it in made some tootle puffer atty's doable. Learning to take slow, very long lung draws made others usable.

That said the most used are Nuppin's and O-16's... or O-16's and Nuppin's.

I commented on them on your other thread... Nuppin'

Reactions: spiritv

spiritv

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
IA
So my own opinion, based on what I've used (RM2, Derringer, O-16, Rogue, Hobo V3 clone). O-16 definitely comes out on top and I'd be happy using it for the long haul. It has a great balance of flavor and vapor with the second to largest air holes for me. Derringer is a close second, but I find I don't get the same flavor due to slightly more air flow. I have a Nuppin V2 on the way that I'm looking forward to trying out. I do appreciate all of the threads here over the years which have discussed atties in detail, because I've been able to avoid those that wouldn't stick around. :)

TraceyS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Blacksburg, Virginia
I've not used any of the newer things out there but am stuck on, for over a year, the RM3. I love it, love it, love it. I like the warmer vape and build my RM3 to .50. It's my go to setup I guess. :) I would like to try others but do not like airy vapes and two I tried (RM4 and RM8) were not for me.

Tracey

Reactions: Stringer63

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I've not used any of the newer things out there but am stuck on, for over a year, the RM3. I love it, love it, love it. I like the warmer vape and build my RM3 to .50. It's my go to setup I guess. :) I would like to try others but do not like airy vapes and two I tried (RM4 and RM8) were not for me.

Tracey

@TraceyS, have you used the RM2? It is very similar to the RM3, but I like it better because I like for the cap to screw on (instead of o-rings.) It's a thought. And since you're maybe having some leaking from the RM3 (other thread) I thought I'd mention the RM2. It's one of the favorite small flavor attys for a reason. It's good.
Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread