Status
Not open for further replies.

TraceyS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Blacksburg, Virginia
I have 2 REO's, one lp with upgraded contacts etc that I use every day 24/7. I simply love it so much and never do anything but fill the bottle and occasionally dry burn my readyXwick. That's it. Well yesterday I was helping a friend put things from her back seat to her car trunk and left my REO sitting in her back seat.....didn't realize it until she was goneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. OK I have my #2 REO as a back up (2 REO's are all I own since August 2014). I've never bonded with #2....she was the one I saved up my money for and purchased with the new 510....she leaked from the beginning. She has been to the spa two times....and today I am so frustrated because she is still leaking. Same place every time....I am sure I am doing something to cause this because it's been to the spa! I can't get my #1 back for a few days, did I mention I love her with all my heart? :(. Anyways if anyone has any feedback on this leak, I would love to hear it and put hubby right to work on it tonight LOL. Pic below is where she continues to leak, to the left of the magnet on the left......She never gets used, just sits waiting.....for an emergency such as this....but that leak??
leakingREO.jpg

Reactions: Robinowitz

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Sounds to me you have the same problem a few of us have had. The nipple that the tube slides onto has worked its way loose. It happens from time to time, especially if you take your device apart to maintenance it regularly... Just take the bottle out with the tube, take your delrin cover out, (be very careful not to strip the threads when putting it back together), and use some needle nose pliers to tighten the nipple some. Don't go all king kong on it, just snug it and just a smidge extra is all it needs. Then reassemble it and your back in business...

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
Sounds to me you have the same problem a few of us have had. The nipple that the tube slides onto has worked its way loose. It happens from time to time, especially if you take your device apart to maintenance it regularly... Just take the bottle out with the tube, take your delrin cover out, (be very careful not to strip the threads when putting it back together), and use some needle nose pliers to tighten the nipple some. Don't go all king kong on it, just snug it and just a smidge extra is all it needs. Then reassemble it and your back in business...
Does the new 510 thread on like that? (I don't know, I've never paid attention how the nipple goes on the new 510)

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
The nipple is basically the same design as the old one was. It threads onto the feed tube that is part of the 510 and holed the +contact in place. One way to test it is by how easy it is to move your +contact. If is moves with very little pressure, it is a safe bet its loose and needs to be tightened up.

TraceyS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Blacksburg, Virginia

Did this also before sending to the spa, I'll try it again. It's just been sitting for months after spa trip #2, so I haven't fooled with it. Thank you.

Tracey

Reactions: muzichead

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
From the looks of the leak its not coming from the mod but from over flow from the atty . it seeps in between the door

That's true and was my first guess. She needs to take the atty off and fill the bottle up with water and hold her thumb over the 510 connection to seal it and squeeze the bottle to see if there's any leaks. Then it will pit her mind at ease if there Isin't and she's just over squanking.

Reactions: redeyedancer

Danrogers

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2014
Campbell River, BC, Canada
From the looks of the leak its not coming from the mod but from over flow from the atty . it seeps in between the door

I agree, when I over squonk the juice overflows and I get the same kind of leak especially when my bottle is full. Probably comes out of your air hole. When you squonk is your Reo level or tilted, if it's level leaking will not occur as frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread