Status
Not open for further replies.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
So can we get any words on how the new mod performs? I love my grands & mini but I'm wondering how the p67 is with voltage drop, spring sag, maintenance.. etc. It's the same "indestructible" and adjustable 510 connector right? How does it handle low resistance builds (like under 0.15 for example)? Is it much heavier than the grand/grand SL/LP? What advantages does the new contact mechanism bring? How much arcing, and if so, where? It looks quite a bit different from the old contact setup.

Don't get me wrong, I love reading people's excitement when they get theirs and seeing all the great pictures. I'd just love to hear something about how it performs and why it's different than a grand. Sorry if some information was already posted, I read quite a lot of pages but this thread is a beast.

Usually I would wait until someone has reviewed the mod to make a purchase choice (looking at you, super x) but it seems like these are going to sell out fast and Rob is gonna take a break after they do (good for him!).

Tested it yesterday real quick on the coilmaster 521 load tester with a 1ohm atty full battery and it came up at 3.75v on load.. so it really was the same as the 2015 woodvil mod.

Flat/nipple batts are fine with this as with the woodvil 2015. Button lock is awesome!

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
Woodville DNA!

Here you go!:vapor:
kahuna5.png
kahuna4.png

slickcdb2000

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2011
Winnsboro, LA USA
This may have been mentioned before, but has anyone sanded a small angle on the lock slide? I was thinking of doing something like that to make the lock a one handed operation? That is my only complaint, not really a complaint but a minor pet peeve! Rob if I jack this switch up, can I order a new switch?

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
This may have been mentioned before, but has anyone sanded a small angle on the lock slide? I was thinking of doing something like that to make the lock a one handed operation? That is my only complaint, not really a complaint but a minor pet peeve! Rob if I jack this switch up, can I order a new switch?
I have plenty of them it wasn't set up to use with one hand . It may work but it would take some force to jam it over like your wanting

Robfisher

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
Durban, South Africa
www.ecigssa.co.za
@Robfisher rockin' a Manta?!?!
Has the world run out of Cyclones?
:D:D

Hehehe The Manta was just there for the pics because it looks so good on the P67. A Divo is on the one P67 and the shiny P67 will get a Cyclone. :D

CATastrophe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2011
Purradise (NETN)

I beveled mine a bit. I used a scalpel-like razor knife and just shaved off a little bit right where it first hits the battery. (Shave, check fit, shave, check fit. I did a little at a time.) Works great for 18650 non-flat tops. 2200 batts are a bit taller and not as workable. I didn't want to shave off too much so I still lock it by pulling the battery down a bit when I use a bigger battery.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Is the name for #2 referring to Magpie? Pretty cool
Hope your Mini's and their associated O-16's don't get lonely and feel left out!

Yes it is. Kind of a play on the memory of my young childhood on the ranch when I rescued a Magpie and taught it to talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread