Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
That's happened a couple times. :facepalm:
Good point. Because I've only used regulated devices until now, I haven't needed to know about that. :blush:

This morning, I rebuilt my Marguis and Vector with success! :vapor:

Thanks everyone!
Great news! I didn't chime in earlier, as I didn't have anything to add ( no sub-ohm experience). Knew other Reo folks could help though.

rangerrobin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Northern California
Great news! I didn't chime in earlier, as I didn't have anything to add ( no sub-ohm experience). Knew other Reo folks could help though.
Clearly I didn't do my homework before jumping into squonking. :blush:
Squonking is it's own subset of vaping, and it appears that sub-ohm sqounkers an even smaller sub-set. ;)

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Howdy Everyone!

New dilemma: leakage. It's coming from the top of the tubing. I've watched a couple rebuild videos, and have a question. Is the tubing supposed to go up through the black spacer, as far as it will go up? Mine is only around the nipple and stops short of that.
It is supposed to go up as far as it can....up through the spacer. I'd suggest taking the spacer off and pushing the tube up as far as you can. Then take the cap and bottle off the tube and put the spacer back on.....threading the tube through the hole in the spacer. Screw the spacer back on carefully, then re-install the cap and bottle.

You might want to make sure there's not a tiny tear in your tubing up at the top. Check that out while you have it off.

rangerrobin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Northern California
If it's a 2015 reo it stops at thr black derlin piece.

If it's leaking thr nipple may need to be tightend.. or even putting a drop of liquid plumbers tape on the threads would seal it.
Oh...it has the new 510 and sub-ohm contacts, but how do I know if it's a 2015?

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
You don't, really. But the tube is supposed to go up as far as it will go. If you don't have a tear in the tube, and you still have a leak, you might try tightening the nipple. Take some needle-nosed pliers and make sure it's tight. Process of elimination. Maybe dry it all off then fill your bottle with water. Leave the delrin cover off so you can see what's happening, then squeeze water through it. You should be able to find where it's leaking.

Reactions: rangerrobin

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA

It's it'd the adjustable 510 then yes it'd the newer reo. Stops at the derlin. Carefully remove the delrin screw. The threads are soft as the reo is aluminum. When you go to put it on you can easily strip the threads so don't go past snug.

Once you have the cover off take a plyers and with the mod laying down on its back and thr top facing you tighten the nipple to the left. Nice and tight.

Just remember to pull the tube off.. which you will have to do anyways to remove the cover :)

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Well, I discovered that it IS leaking between where the nipple screws on. I take it those are the threads to apply the plumbers tape to? Nervous to do so without seeing it done or knowing how much to use.
I can't help much here, but I would think it wouldn't take much tape. You could PM @redeyedancer and just ask him.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
You want the liquid kind. Remove the nipple as seen in the videos and put a small dab on the end of the threads furthest from the opening and then insert the nipple on the tube and use thst to help thread the nipple back on as seen in the video.

Tighten it up with plyers making sure not to pinch the clear gasket on the gold contact pin. Then replace the delrin cover and then install the tube just to were it hits the delrin..

rangerrobin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Northern California
You want the liquid kind. Remove the nipple as seen in the videos and put a small dab on the end of the threads furthest from the opening and then insert the nipple on the tube and use thst to help thread the nipple back on as seen in the video.

Tighten it up with plyers making sure not to pinch the clear gasket on the gold contact pin. Then replace the delrin cover and then install the tube just to were it hits the delrin..
Will do, thanks!

Reactions: element77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread