Status
Not open for further replies.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Hi @ShariR, sorry the abundance of your favorite rta is dwindling. I tried those before, but the draw was just to tight for me. I doubt they will ever be gone because there is such a strong following. :D

On the topic of new stuff, I wish I didn't spend as much as I have on new fangled vape gear and supplies, since I started vaping 2 yrs ago. :facepalm:

Generally, I'm not a fan of shopping and I don't get excited about the new this and thats, but once I started vaping, all rational went out the window.

2016 was supposed to be the year, I started vaping on a budget and what do I do? Last month, I bought a Reo, 4 bf atties and a custom wood sqounker, and I'd never even sqounked before! :shock:

Obviously, I traded one addiction for another, but it must to stop now! :evil:

Don't feel bad. I just succumbed to a flash sale at Provape. I bought a Gold Zencote Provari Mini and some spare springs. I won't tell you how many Provari I have but it is enough to last forever. I have narrowed it down to my Provari and Russian 91 or Kayfun. I am not interested in any of the new gear. Only thing to conquer now is DIY so I have something to vape when the Regs hit.

Reactions: rangerrobin

rangerrobin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Northern California
@ShariR - Ooh, shinyitis strikes again! :sneaky:
Since I started sub-ohming, I sold all 3 of my Provari(s). Sadly, the market for well cared for used Provari(s) has gone down, so I lost a ton of money.

Speaking of losing money, as part of my effort to "vape on a budget", I decided to try my hand at DIY. I made some tasty juice, but none was adv quality and it just wasn't for me. $130 later...:facepalm:

I'm planning to inventory everything and place it in the classies. Shipping on the lab equipment is going to add insult to injury. :unsure:

Reactions: ShariR

GemInEye

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2015
Somewhere In PA
@GemInEye You sound like you're either desperately searching for your ideal setup to quit, or you have a serious case of shinyitis. (I'd rather not talk about juice either. :facepalm:)
You would be correct, it's both! I havnt had much luck. Im good on juices finally found my adv. But im struggling with tanks. I've tried nautilus mini, gs air , evods, Atlantis, isubs, apexes, targets, bellus, Aeromaizer, vpsrk, tfv4 mini and a derringer. I actually like the target but i have sprung major leaks in every one that i own. I also really like the tfv4 mini taste but i cant wick it to save my life. Gs air are my favs for tobacco menthol and the only ones that never give me any trouble. I just don't like any other juice in them so i dont use them all the time. Ive come to terms with not being able to quit. I refuse to buy anymore tanks that i cant use. So at least I'll have mods now that won't constantly be dying on me when i do vape lol. I have cut down by half of what i would be smoking. So thats a plus.

Tapayappin

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
Generally speaking, leaks and sometimes dull taste are caused by improper wicking. Have you tried asking for wicking tips in the threads of your respective tanks? I can't help you out with that since I don't have any of those tanks. Do you use premade coils or build your own?

Congrats on cutting back by half on the cigs. :thumbs:

GemInEye

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2015
Somewhere In PA
Generally speaking, leaks and sometimes dull taste are caused by improper wicking. Have you tried asking for wicking tips in the threads of your respective tanks? I can't help you out with that since I don't have any of those tanks. Do you use premade coils or build your own?

Congrats on cutting back by half on the cigs. :thumbs:
It is def my non existent wicking skills lol. The tfv4 mini has gotten better for me. I'm not giving up! I like pre built but i can do my own and sometimes i do. I stuck a Clapton in there and rewicked alot of times til i got it to just a drip here and there. I did post for help and someone gave me a measurement for how much wick to use and that helped alot. Also learning that no cotton should be in the juice well helps too lol!

Tapayappin

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Hi guys. Another update. No desire for a cigarette so I think vaping has worked for me for sure. But don't touch that mod!!!

I turned 60 on Sunday and on Monday I found out I have breast cancer. I am fortunate, it is stage 0 which means it is contained to a small area and has not spread. Spent the week and next week going to drs and surgeon, and then the rest of the time crying and feeling sorry for myself. Trying to get to the feeling grateful and good attitude place and not there yet. I am getting dizzy from all the info I am trying to read and absorb so I can make good decisions about this.

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
Oh, Shari, I'm so sorry to hear this. Thankfully you caught it so early that I'm sure everything will be fine. Of course that doesn't make it any less scary. Knowing you and your inner strength, I'm sure this won't be able to keep you down for long. Stay strong and keep us posted. Prayers will follow you along this journey. :wub:

On a lighter note, :bday: and congrats on crushing that cigarette demon. I believe you and I are both finally good on that front. :)

Today is a happy day for me as my son is getting married today! One of my younger set of twins (my youngest baby by 3 minutes) decided to tie the knot with his long time girlfriend. My only other married child out of 7 kids got married on a road trip, so this will be the first actual wedding where I get to be the mother of the groom. I have so much to do, but it's so exciting!

rangerrobin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Northern California
@ShariR - Sorry, that is scary. Thaya best expressed what I wanted to say. Let me add that I've had 5 close friends diagnosed with Stage 4 breast cancer. All of them survived and remain cancer free many years later! Science and medicine have come a long way. You ARE blessed by early detection and the ability for fast treatment. Good vibes and prayers coming you way! :nun:
@thayamax - Mazal Tov! :toast:

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Thaya, congratulations on your son's marriage. Enjoy the day. Being mother of the groom is special. Here's to many happy years ahead. Thank you for your support.

Thank you too, Rangerobin, for your support.

I know I will be fine. It was caught very early and right now this is the real scary stage. I have to decide whether or not to do a lumpectomy or a masectomy, what kind of radiation, etc. Then I have to be on some kind of cancer meds for 5 years. This was the first mamogram I have had in 7 years so I am extremely lucky I decided to have it when I did. With my back still being pretty bad I was going to skip it for another year. I skipped it last year because of my neck and back surgeries. Thank goodness I came to my senses.

So ladies, go get that mamogram, now! There is no history of breast cancer in my family that I know of.

rangerrobin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Northern California
@ShariR - Scary stuff to have to deal with for sure and a obviously very personal decision. Only 1 of my 5 friends had to have a mastectomy because of the size of the mass. The others did lumpectomies and chemo. It was a rough road for all of them, but they are all cancer free and thriving! :D

I get a mammogram every year. :)

Prayers and good vibes being sent. :nun:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Although I haven't been here for awhile . . . While there is still time before EVERYONE starts all their festivities for this Holiday weekend, I just want to pop-in to say 1) Don't forget to remember Why "We" are having this weekend . . .

Memorial-Day-Images-1.jpg

cf72d438b6977da26b10d71ea5dc22cb.jpg

AND - 2) To have Fun and Enjoy whatever "You" are doing (as long as Ya' All stay SAFE ! ! ! ) . . .

memorialday_weekend.gif

animated-barbecue-image-0066.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread