Toronto, Ontario
New genny by Athea Mods

12719586_499403330252015_4599200469455778531_o.jpg

Reactions: Arthur

VictorC

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
That's a lot of bucks for an unproven genny and I don't see much of it in that pic. Don't see the deck or a build on it. Doesn't look like much of a tank on it either.

I'll just stick to my DID's and Krakens.

IN'AX is a high quality well regarded genny (mesh only). Latest version somewhat reminds VW NextGen, and was sold out, across the globe, in seconds.

Video:

12891792_499407536918261_4564264527061446523_o.jpg

Last edited:

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
IN'AX is a high quality well regarded genny (mesh only). Latest version somewhat reminds VW NextGen, and was sold out, across the globe, in seconds.

Sold out in seconds eh? How many of them were made to be snapped up? Must not have been a whole lot. I've seen that coil capture centerpost bit before, don't care for it myself, and it seems to me that a lot of people will go for any new re-invention of the wheel.

Ref PT Barnum....

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US

Video:

12891792_499407536918261_4564264527061446523_o.jpg

I ordered mine from VapStor.fr hours after the big rush during the initial launch (got the poly tank, large tank, and threaded center post too), and they still had everything in stock hours after that...so not quite sold out in a few seconds, but they certainly didn't last long ;)
(VapStor did have a ridiculous amount of attys available though, must have been a lot more than VapinArt, because a lot of us who didn't bother hopping on during the initial launch window, ordered from there later in the day...long after VA had sold out).

Unfortunately there were so many orders they didn't make it out in time to get it by Friday (I went with FedEx, screw waiting an extra 3-5 days lol), so it'll be here Monday...very much looking forward to it.

VictorC

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
I ordered mine from VapStor.fr hours after the big rush during the initial launch (got the poly tank, large tank, and threaded center post too), and they still had everything in stock hours after that...so not quite sold out in a few seconds, but they certainly didn't last long ;)

I stand corrected :)

Did you order just a standard configuration or with add-ons? Look forward to seeing your review/impression.

kformeck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
If you own a NextGen, there really is no reason to shell out $200+ for this atomizer. That's my opinion.

I have a Nextiny and the In'ax MKIII; just because they are similar doesn't mean they are the same. The airflow is quite a bit different; the In'ax allows for better MTL hits and delivers a bit better flavor but for some reason, the Nextiny seems to do better in the 18-22 watt range and direct lung hits.

The Nextiny is my 'high power' genny and the In'ax is my sit-back-and-chill MTL genny. Agreed, very similar, but still different enough to own both.

kformeck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
Since I posted that, I've done a little more digging and do want to give Athea mods a shot. I'll only be able to afford an MKII, though, but I hope that's enough to drive home the point.
:)

I'll be honest, I have an In'ax dripper (I believe it's basically an MKIIr with a 1mL juice well instead of a tank) and the MKIII blows it away. The wicking system is dramatically better and the chamber is quite a bit smaller. The airflow system is also quite a bit better than the MKIIr (idk about the MKII though) due to the fact that you can tighten it down more.

I can't say for sure but if you get an 18mm version, you might get the same flavor as the MKIII because the 18mm has a smaller chamber than the 22mm MKII and MKIIr.

With that said, flavor-wise, I would say the MKIII is better than the Nextiny which is on par with my In'ax dripper. I apologize for not being able to cover all the bases since there are just way too many iterations of the In'ax lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread