Mesh and TC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaya

ECF Veteran
Yes, it works. I'm a bit hazy on the details re: figuring out hotspots and stuff, but I don't think its nearly as big an issue as it is with regular kanthal wire. There was very recently a thread in here about using temperature control and genesis atties.. scroll through the first few pages... i'll try to look, too.

Nikea Tiber

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2015
I run a 316l SS vertical coil wicked with a solid mesh roll in my Veritas on a VF Stout. Works fantastic with TC, easily my best TC experience to date.

IMG_20160415_091838.jpg

Since the coil is SS and wrapped for the heat flux I like, works great on a mech or regulated mod as well. I put a new bottom 510 insulator on the Veritas so the positive 510 protrudes now. I can use this atty on practically any APV.

cheech226

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2014
Baton Rouge, LA. USA
I just placed an order for 10 feet of 0.4mm Ti wire after having MANY (10+) trusted vape buddies swear by it. I'm really excited to try it, and will report back.

wow, bryn mawr! i grew up right close to there.
anyway, i think you will love ti for tc vaping, it's all i use so far. i'm guessing you bought ssv wire based on the price. it is gr. 2 ti and WAY overpriced. if you decide you like titanium, you may want to look to temco for future purchases, it is pure ti and much cheaper.

Reactions: Vaya

Vaya

ECF Veteran
wow, bryn mawr! i grew up right close to there.
anyway, i think you will love ti for tc vaping, it's all i use so far. i'm guessing you bought ssv wire based on the price. it is gr. 2 ti and WAY overpriced. if you decide you like titanium, you may want to look to temco for future purchases, it is pure ti and much cheaper.

Yes, it was SSV 0.4mm Ti wire. You've used both SSV and Temco and can attest that they behave the same?

Do you get your Temco wire on eBay or via Temco directly?

Thanks for the suggestion!

Vaya

ECF Veteran
SS wire, I've learned, is incredible. Pick up some 28g 316L grade SS wire and you will get the A.) pliability of Ni200, B.) the warmth and flavor of Ti, C.) the ability to dry-burn like with Kanthal, D.) the ability to (EASILY) use this wire interchangably on both TC and mechanical devices, and E.) lowered resistance similar to NiChrome.

SS wire = Wonder Wire at the right gauge for your application.

Reactions: Taff Evans

aquafina

May 1, 2014
New York
Have you considered to use a kanthal wire mesh? I just got off the phone with a manufacturer ( Belleville Wire Cloth - Cedar Grove, NJ) that claims they can supply me with some 400x400 kanthal of some sort - $100 minimum.

For $100 bucks, I am willing to take this risk seeing as how this mesh could be revolutionary. I think we have all burned through the stainless screen in the past - so instead of buying stainless mesh over and over again, I am going to hopefully stock up on this kanthal and I should be set for a while.

If anyone is interested in some type of group buy on this - let me know via DM and we'll figure something out - not looking to make $, but want to help everyone on the forum out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread