Question chemicals in E-Liquids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pamster

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
I was thinking, how do they extract the nicotine used in e-liquids? Like for tobacco or cigar flavors? Do they use real cigars and tobaccos like extracting from a chemical contaminated source or what? I was reading in the DIY forums about tobacco extraction and was thinking, "Gee if you extract essence from a clove cigarette or cigar for instance, isn't it going to leech out the chemicals too? Hubby is worried some vendors might use methods like that extracting from chemically tainted sources, what are your thoughts? Keep in mind we're both new to this so if it's a stupid question I apologize. :unsure:

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
Not a stupid question.

You have to trust the lab as you do a food processor for the food you eat every day.

There are no sure fire guarantees to anything.

Chemists are involved in the process and we rely on their expertise.

I am sure that the Nic is extracted using Tobacco that is clean and not some used up old leaves. Where would you get something like that anyway in quanity? Lol

I wouldn't worry.. After seeing enough Clear, unflavored Nic, I feel safe..

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
Thanks doots! I am glad to hear chemists are indeed involved. Hopefully that will make my hubby more at ease, so US vendors either make it themselves from clean sources or buy it from China? That's cool. :)

Hi Pamster,

I think most buy either from China or obtain from labs in the US.

Nic liquids are made in labs, not basements, etc.

Nic is extremely toxic in high concentrations and will kill you if it gets on your skin (in high concentrations).

Also respirators are used as well as safety suits when managing Nicotine.

FYI: The nic we use should always be kept away from animals and children. Very deadly to pets or children, if ingested.. Always be aware of the dangers.

Pamster

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
I don't plan on buying any Nic juices, and we're going to keep the juices we do buy locked up so our 14 year old kiddo won't have any chance of getting into it. No pets though, so that's all good. I think it will be all right, I don't plan on doing any DIY tobacco extractions or what not, just mixing/cutting some VG and distilled water into vendor bought e liguids at like 36 mgs to get like 24 or 18 mg juice to vape on. And maybe some Capellas flaovrings to spice things up a bit. :) That's going to be about the extent of our DIY'n. :D

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
i don't plan on buying any nic juices, and we're going to keep the juices we do buy locked up so our 14 year old kiddo won't have any chance of getting into it. No pets though, so that's all good. I think it will be all right, i don't plan on doing any diy tobacco extractions or what not, just mixing/cutting some vg and distilled water into vendor bought e liguids at like 36 mgs to get like 24 or 18 mg juice to vape on. And maybe some capellas flaovrings to spice things up a bit. :) that's going to be about the extent of our diy'n. :d

youll be fine. Good luck on your diying. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread