Problem with Vaporesso cCell Coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ansor71

Dec 7, 2015
Hi!
I bought 2 packs of these Vaporesso ceramic coils (one pack, kanthal, the other one, Ni200).
I installed the kanthal one in my Atlantis tank and the Ni200 in the Triton. I let them sit for about an hour and both coils are giving me a horrible burnt taste.
I mean, is the same taste you get from a dry hit.
Im rockin´the kanthal coil over a Snow Wolf at 24 watts and the Ni200 coil over a Cuboid, in Ni Temp Mode at 440 F°.
Most reviewers say one minute to prime them up and you are good to go, so, is something wrong with these coils or they need more time to absorbe the liquid?
I always prime my coils with a couple of drops, and I did the same thing with these, but still, burnt cotton taste.
Am I doing something wrong or this is something that happens with these Vaporesso coils?

Reactions: Arfiyan

spcsys

Aug 1, 2014
Birmingham, AL
I have been having the same problem. Temperature or wattage adjustment doesn't seem to help. My first coil did it for a short time, maybe half a tank. On my second coil and so far two tanks and while I get plenty of vapor I am also getting a burnt cotton taste. I am hoping this is just a break in period but if it takes 25% of the coil life to taste decent it likely will not be worth buying.

So far the best coils have been the Aspire Triton 0.5 and the Aspire Clapton coils.

Sent using Tapatalk

them0nk

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
San Bernardino, CA
Is there even cotton in these coils? I've successfully dry fire cleaned one coil, but destroyed the first one I tried it on. Should have tore into it to see what was in there but I tossed that one. I'm itching to try the gceramic coils that are coming out... And I tried the defiant tank and hated it. So far these seem nice though (the ccell coils) because they seem to have lasted way better that the supertank coils which I kill in 4 days... Not sure if it's the juice or what.

noxdrako

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2010
Ocala fl
I am having an issue with my ccoil as well. I bought two, and am using them in an Atlantis 2. I tried dry burning one and now all I get from it is burnt tasting vape. On the second, I get about 3 seconds of vape then it sounds like it is going dead, if I keep holding, I will get it to surge back up, tasting burned. Can I recover the first coil or is it shot? Is the 3 seconds normal? Is it a chance the juice is too thick? Inquiring minds want to know.

MotorcityVapeman

Mar 14, 2016
The Motorcity
I am having a problem with the CCELL Ni200 coils in my Triton 2 on my Cuboid, No FLAVOR but I am getting vapor clouds, but I am a flavor person and a lung hitter, not a MTL, helping me better to quit the smokes! I haven't gotten the burnt taste though! Just a flavor problem. When I use the stock Clapton coils, the flavor is there and awesome?

them0nk

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
San Bernardino, CA
When I dry fired I was careful to not get it too hot, just pulsed and blew through it while getting a mild glow with only the tank base and coil on my mod at around 35-40 watts. Don't put your lips on it...

I found out these do have cotton in them. Which is lame. If the cotton got burned I'm sure they will then test bad forever.

Robfisher

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
Durban, South Africa
www.ecigssa.co.za
There are most certainly different batches of these cCell coils! The kanthal ones I got with my first two Target Tanks were nothing short of amazing and the one tank has had over 75 refills on the one coil! I got really excited because it was a perfect vape. Unfortunately that's when the circus started... I bought another 2 Target Tanks and two packs of cCell replacement coils and no matter what I do priming wise I cannot get the vape I got off my original coils. I also tried the Ni200 coils and while the burnt taste sin't as pronounced with them the flavour is lacking and also a massive disappointment.

When you get a decent coil (which is few and far between) the Target Tank is the best flavour tank on the planet... but when you don't get a perfect coil they are a complete waste of money!

ReacT

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2014
Mars!
en.wikipedia.org
There are most certainly different batches of these cCell coils! The kanthal ones I got with my first two Target Tanks were nothing short of amazing and the one tank has had over 75 refills on the one coil! I got really excited because it was a perfect vape. Unfortunately that's when the circus started... I bought another 2 Target Tanks and two packs of cCell replacement coils and no matter what I do priming wise I cannot get the vape I got off my original coils. I also tried the Ni200 coils and while the burnt taste sin't as pronounced with them the flavour is lacking and also a massive disappointment.

When you get a decent coil (which is few and far between) the Target Tank is the best flavour tank on the planet... but when you don't get a perfect coil they are a complete waste of money!

I wonder if I can use that target tank as a normal tank, I mean not to lung hit. I do use aspire nautilus bvc 1.6ohm and I'm interested to that target tank however it looks like it is a sub-ohm tank and lung hit, so i wont be able to use my 12mg liquids with it is another issue. But do you guys suggest any new tank that i can use like aspire nautilus with that new ceramic coil ?

MotorcityVapeman

Mar 14, 2016
The Motorcity
I wonder if I can use that target tank as a normal tank, I mean not to lung hit. I do use aspire nautilus bvc 1.6ohm and I'm interested to that target tank however it looks like it is a sub-ohm tank and lung hit, so i wont be able to use my 12mg liquids with it is another issue. But do you guys suggest any new tank that i can use like aspire nautilus with that new ceramic coil ?

The Nautilus uses smaller coils and would not work, But the Aspire "Atlantis and Tritons" version 1 or 2 will work with those ceramic Ccell coils!

Reactions: ReacT

Kabong30

Feb 7, 2016
Caddo Mills, TX
I have a routine with these coils now. I prime them, let them sit for a half hour to an hour and then I run the wattage down to about 17w or so. I hit it a few times with out hitting the fire button and then I just kind of slowly work them in and then once they're kind of going I slowly work the wattage back up to "normal" (for me) at around 27w. Note: I only use the kanthal coils, I hated the Ni200 that I tried because as one poster noted, I got no flavor.

If I'm being honest, the coils are a bit of a PITA. I like them because I feel like I get good flavor and they seem to last quite a while, but the initiation ritual and the fact that every once in a while they let juice out through the bottom and then the tank pukes all over my mod kind of gripes me. But I'm also willing to accept that some of that may be operator error.

Overall, I like them, but they are a little fiddly.

Robfisher

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
Durban, South Africa
www.ecigssa.co.za
I have 4 Target Tanks and a Gemini with the cCell coils and all but one is operational because the coils are just not working no matter what I do... the first coil that came with my first tank has been absolutely perfect and has given me the smoothest best flavour vape ever and for over 75 tank refills... but every other coil has resulted in terrible dry hits... some work OK for a few puffs and then the dry hits come... some people are getting better results and I'm now convinced that the batches of coils are vastly different. Such a pity because ceramic has such massive potential but the current batch we have here in South Africa are just damn useless!

Reactions: seminolewind
Hi!
I bought 2 packs of these Vaporesso ceramic coils (one pack, kanthal, the other one, Ni200).
I installed the kanthal one in my Atlantis tank and the Ni200 in the Triton. I let them sit for about an hour and both coils are giving me a horrible burnt taste.
I mean, is the same taste you get from a dry hit.
Im rockin´the kanthal coil over a Snow Wolf at 24 watts and the Ni200 coil over a Cuboid, in Ni Temp Mode at 440 F°.
Most reviewers say one minute to prime them up and you are good to go, so, is something wrong with these coils or they need more time to absorbe the liquid?
I always prime my coils with a couple of drops, and I did the same thing with these, but still, burnt cotton taste.
Am I doing something wrong or this is something that happens with these Vaporesso coils?
I've had bad luck with these coils: NI200, kanthal, and SS... I've let them soak for half an hour, primed them like "normal" coils, to no avail. They all taste horrible. I bought the NI200 coils back when you had to import them from China (beginning of this year, maybe?), and bought the SS/kanthal coils from 2 different vendors recently (VaporDNA and MyVaporStore). Has the market been flooded with bad c-cell coils? Are they fake?

The c-cell coil that came with my target tank was amazing, but all my replacements have either not worked at all (NI200 coil that came with the target) or instantly started burning (they seem not to be wicking the juice well at all). I've been mainly using higher-VG juices, but I know these coils work well with just about anything.

MotorcityVapeman

Mar 14, 2016
The Motorcity
I've had bad luck with these coils: NI200, kanthal, and SS... I've let them soak for half an hour, primed them like "normal" coils, to no avail. They all taste horrible. I bought the NI200 coils back when you had to import them from China (beginning of this year, maybe?), and bought the SS/kanthal coils from 2 different vendors recently (VaporDNA and MyVaporStore). Has the market been flooded with bad c-cell coils? Are they fake?

The c-cell coil that came with my target tank was amazing, but all my replacements have either not worked at all (NI200 coil that came with the target) or instantly started burning (they seem not to be wicking the juice well at all). I've been mainly using higher-VG juices, but I know these coils work well with just about anything.

What do you consider High VG, I am using a 80vg/20pg and it worked good, but you could not chain vape, it did need a little time to wick, I could take about 5 good pulls and it was just starting to get a drier hit. I tried the Ni200's but it was very fussy on the temp and watts, but it also depended on do you fire it first then hit! Higher watts take your hit right away, my MOD adjust the watts and the temps, and of course the type of coil in TC mode.
The kanthals were so much better!

Robfisher

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
Durban, South Africa
www.ecigssa.co.za
There is no question that there are different batches of the cCell coils... some batches simply DO NOT work period... no matter what you do... I have 3 packs of 0.9Ω and a pack of 0.5Ω cCell coils that do not work.

Happily I found a pack of working 0,9Ω coils on eBay and then 3 packs from a local South African Vendor that also work.

Vaporesso simply do not admit there is a problem when there most certainly is a problem... but despite that I really love my Gemini and Target Tanks with working 0,9Ω cCell coils in them... I have tried almost every other tank with ceramic coils and none come close to the flavour of a working cCell coil.

But for a newbie vaper who wants a no hassle vape on a ceramic coil tank they should get a Cerabis... no priming and no dry hits... but it's about 75% flavour of a working cCell....

MotorcityVapeman

Mar 14, 2016
The Motorcity
I barely touch my Triton 2 and the Ccells now, but I keep it with me filled as a spare/emergency tank. I actually went to RDTA's and build my own coils now, I like that I can switch the cotton out quick and a few dry burns, re-wick it and it's like brand new! Plus the Steam Crave Aromamizer Supreme is so easy to build and the flavor? I like it better than my Alliance V2 RDA! I still need to try my Tsunami, but I am loving the Supreme too much! :thumb:

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I have been using the Kanthal cCells now for quite awhile and have had zero issues.

You do need to let them sit for a few minutes after filling because the ceramic is very porous. Most importantly, you have to break them in by starting out low in wattage and moving up slowly. I start at around 15w and move up in 5w increments. My sweet spot is 26W with these. I use them with my Cuboid and Melo 2 or Atlantis 2. I love the amount of flavor and vapor that I get.

I also have had great results dry burning to clean once the flavor starts tasting off or like the coil may be gunked. I get months out of each coil.

Good luck.

ETA- I have purchased from different sources and they seem to be consistent to me.

GemInEye

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2015
Somewhere In PA
I love these coils and my second batch has taken lounger to break in, like a tank or two. I always start low and work my way up really slow in wattage . I draw on it without firing as well. I did not have to do this with my first set of coils. My main issue is the leading thru the 510 or bottom of the tank. All four do this. The flavor sure is amazing though.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread