Fixing loose cartridges on an M-401 electronic Cigarette

Status
Not open for further replies.

testerjtester

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Seattle, WA
Thanks for posting this Terraphon, just came across it and I've been having trouble with loose carts on my Pilot.

I wanted to confirm that I understood something correctly from the video. You made 4 indentations parallel with the long side of the cartridge, each 90 degrees apart?

Guess it'd be hard to make them go the other way, but wanted to be sure I didn't completely misunderstand... :)

Also wanted to ask if this can help when the cartridge warps out of shape - I have several that are more ovoid than round at this point, I'm assuming due to the heat of the atomizer, but I guess they could have come from the factory that way...

Thanks!

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Thanks for posting this Terraphon, just came across it and I've been having trouble with loose carts on my Pilot.

I wanted to confirm that I understood something correctly from the video. You made 4 indentations parallel with the long side of the cartridge, each 90 degrees apart?

Guess it'd be hard to make them go the other way, but wanted to be sure I didn't completely misunderstand... :)

Also wanted to ask if this can help when the cartridge warps out of shape - I have several that are more ovoid than round at this point, I'm assuming due to the heat of the atomizer, but I guess they could have come from the factory that way...

Thanks!

Tester--What Terraphon did was to make 4 burn marks at the Noon, Three, Six, and 9 O'clock positions. This causes a heaving up of the plastic so that it holds snug when attached. As for solving a cartridge that is out of round, I do not think that this would help that issue---Sun

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Yeah, I'm not sure that it would help either but...it's certainly worth a shot.

Carts can get out of round when they're heated up too much by the atomizer (somebody's really ripping on that pilot to get it that hot) and become pliable. I have a few that are like that, as well...I haven't tried a fix but I may at some point in the future.

By all means, though, try this and see if it helps. If not you've not really lost anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread