Status
Not open for further replies.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
Just do a google search. You can't sell any ecig related products in Taiwan.

I brought my gear over since I'm on a trip and was surprised to find that you can't buy juice in taiwan.

I did see 1 vaper during my 8 day stay at a pool hall.

You can buy mods tanks juice via China's taobao ad have it shipped over here. I'm guessing that's how people Vape in Taiwan. Or local night markets might have a booth that's selling, but those are sketchy at best.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I do not feel that requesting someone provide proof of what they post is out of line. My research does not prove what he stated is correct so I am asking for what he has. My asking for his proof is a polite way of requesting the information he has. When I make a statement and am asked to provide documentation I can provide it.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Posting e-cigarettes as stop-smoking aids finable: HPA - Taipei Times

The Ministry of Health and Welfare categorized e-cigarettes as a regulated drug in 2009 under the Pharmaceutical Affairs Act (藥事法).

Anyone who manufactures or imports e-cigarettes that have not been registered and obtained regulatory approval could face a maximum prison sentence of 10 years and a maximum fine of NT$10 million (US$333,600).

Anyone convicted of knowingly selling unapproved e-cigarettes could face up to seven years in prison and a maximum fine of NT$5 million, the agency said.

In other words, e-cigarettes are classified as a drug in Taiwan.

OneMorePerson

Dec 1, 2015
Sydney
Hi guys,

I'm planning my second trip to Taipei for July 2016 holiday. Last time I was there, I was still smoking ciggies.

The above posts say it's ok to vape in Taiwan but no importing or selling is allowed.

My question... can i bring my own vape gear (tanks, mods, juice etc) with me? Will it be considered importing? I'll be staying for 3 weeks, so I'll need a deof juice for me & my other half.

I know the Australian customs side will be ok, just concerned about the Taiwan side.
:confused:

Anyone had recent experience with it?

Thanks in advance, :nun:

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
Hi guys,

I'm planning my second trip to Taipei for July 2016 holiday. Last time I was there, I was still smoking ciggies.

The above posts say it's ok to vape in Taiwan but no importing or selling is allowed.

My question... can i bring my own vape gear (tanks, mods, juice etc) with me? Will it be considered importing? I'll be staying for 3 weeks, so I'll need a deof juice for me & my other half.

I know the Australian customs side will be ok, just concerned about the Taiwan side.
:confused:

Anyone had recent experience with it?

Thanks in advance, :nun:

Bringing your own gear and juice is fine (I think). Last time I visited was in March and I brought with me 2 mods, 2 tanks, 3 bottles of 30ml juice, batteries.

Enjoy your stay.

The Rebel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Grand Rapids, Michigan
I was there in April and no problems bringing in my vape gear as well. Was a little weird vaping while I was there as basically no one else does it, at least from what I saw. But mine was a working visit so I didn't spend a ton of time site seeing. Except for Taroko Gorge, beautiful place to visit if you get the chance. :thumbs:

pierceme

Apr 17, 2012
ny
Was there for 2 weeks in March/April in Linkou/Tauyuan?/Taipei vaping like crazy with no issue. Around 101 with security/police present with no issue. Taipei airport smoking room in terminal 1 no issue (there was 1 other vapor in there, only 2nd one I saw in those 2 weeks). Airport x-ray with alot of hw and juice and they didn't say anything.

There were no signs coming up to customs/declare about ecigs when I arrived (just don't have a fever!).

I spoke with coworkers that live/work in Tainan about vaping and they didn't mention any laws about it.

btw, Hi ECF. Lurker and 1st post.

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
Was there for 2 weeks in March/April in Linkou/Tauyuan?/Taipei vaping like crazy with no issue. Around 101 with security/police present with no issue. Taipei airport smoking room in terminal 1 no issue (there was 1 other vapor in there, only 2nd one I saw in those 2 weeks). Airport x-ray with alot of hw and juice and they didn't say anything.

There were no signs coming up to customs/declare about ecigs when I arrived (just don't have a fever!).

I spoke with coworkers that live/work in Tainan about vaping and they didn't mention any laws about it.

btw, Hi ECF. Lurker and 1st post.
Taiwan was the first to crack the whip.
E-Cigs banned in the other China - vaping.com
As for bringing in your own...
Taiwan cracks down on e-cigarettes

now, that being said..I've got friends in Taipei that vape!....so like many parts of Asia, be smart! and no, please dont go back to tobacco...its all just about "red tape", and the Pharma corps and regs...there.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
Funny that I'm reading this now since I literally just got back to Shanghai from Taipei today.

I brought 3 mods, several 18650 / 26650 batteries, 2 RTAs, and 60ml of DIY juice to and from this time around with 0 issues going through security, vaping in places where smoking is allowed.

I've got friends who Vape in Taiwan as well. I'm assuming they get their gear from China. Seems like it's only illegal to sell?

Reactions: LaraC

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
Taiwan was the first to crack the whip.
E-Cigs banned in the other China - vaping.com
As for bringing in your own...
Taiwan cracks down on e-cigarettes

now, that being said..I've got friends in Taipei that vape!....so like many parts of Asia, be smart! and no, please dont go back to tobacco...its all just about "red tape", and the Pharma corps and regs...there.
:headbang:
Wunderbar!..another SE Asia, Or Asian city that technically has rules on the books, but no one seems to be aware of them, or enforcing them what-so-ever. The day to day of this seems right on as over the July 2,3,4 weekend i checked in with friends in Taipei, with same observations.
“Errors do not cease to be errors simply because they’re ratified into law.”
E.A. Bucchianeri, Brushstrokes of a Gadfly

Reactions: LaraC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread