RSST Rebuildable Atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taff Evans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2016
Hi folks,

Have seen quite a few people on here, extolling the virtues of these Genesis tanks. Looking round at the prices on them, they seem to have headed for the floor fast.

I just picked one up from Ireland, including an extra spare PMMA tank for the princely sum of £7.79 too cheap to turn down.

Decided to pay an extra 6 Euros for registered/insured air mail to get it in a couple of days, so total is £12.35. Could have had it posted for an extra 3 Euros, so around £10 altogether, but for snail mail. I don't like waiting for vapemail!

Love to play about with new (to me) tanks so will add this one to my playroom!

Taff Evans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2016
Agreed mate. Heard some good things about it, so thought that at the price its got to be worth buying. Not tried one of these yet, so looking forward to it!

Also looking at the Dual Coiled RSST at the moment.. available from Fastech for $16.37 for the authentic one. Glass tanked.

Anyone tried the dual coiled and adjustable airflow RSST yet? If you have, whats it like, and how does it compare with the normal one?

Reactions: thetrucker

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I got one right after they launched, long ago lol.
Assuming you are referring to the smok.
It worked well but I had an issue with mine that very well could have been a defect. The issue I had was with the center pin. With this tank the center post screw is your 510 so it runs from the build deck all the way through the your mod. Mine didn't seem to seal correctly in the deck area and I would get small amounts of juice in the 510 of my mod. There was no other wetness but in that spot. Needless to say I shelved it and have not been back to it.
However it could be a defect as I said and I probably should have tried to get it replaced but did not.
With the resurgence of Genesis I have considered pulling it out and seeing if I could figure out the issue. My concern though is I use more expensive mods now and am not sure if I want to risk damage.
That was my experience anyway, I'm sure there are a few others out there that may never have had an issue.

Taff Evans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2016
Thanks folks... I am assuming that Hightech, you got the single coiled one?

I am not sure about the dual coiled one as of yet, will do a bit of research on it, and see how it goes..

I watched one video on the dual coiled RSST, and the reviewer loved it, and it certainly seemed to be working great, lots of vapor and a fully adjustable airflow.. for Fastech's price could be worth getting just to have a bit of a play!

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Hey Taff, I used the single coil RSST's for a long time, and there's nothing wrong with them. They work fine, they are cheap, and they have some nice features. I still have 4 of them. I've tried the dual coil thing, but for me it just proved too much of a hassle to build, it drains batteries faster, and I saw no real improvement over the single coil for the effort put into it. If you like tinkering and doing builds it might be the thing for you to get into, some like that, but I've found the single coil genny build to work quite well enough for me.

Taff Evans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2016
Thank you for the replys folks....they are appreciated.

Looks like it's about the end of the line for this genny..what a shame that companies seem to change the good stuff and stop making it, just because they seem to think that all vapers want is ever bigger plumes of smoke!!:cool::p, and of course, because they want to sell new stuff..

I suppose if the new regulations don't actually stop vaping, in a few years time, all we will have is more and more boring stuff. Buy a nice round ready made coil pack and slot it in...

Hopefully those of us that use and love the Gennys will still have some choices in what we vape..Very happy to have found one before they all go, and for a great price. IF I like it and I am sure I will, I guess I will be buying at least one more before they disappear!

Bank holidays here over the weekend and Monday so I suppose I won't see the RSST before the end of next week, but hopefully it will be worth the wait! I will let you know how I get on with it!

Last edited:

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
The new generation is getting a lot of love, but like you said they are cloud machines. I think genesis tanks went because of rope/mesh Wicks. The new runs can use whatever. Theorem, limitless and avocado all come to mind. I think it's the avocado that has a single coil insert. They get rave reviews for the flavor they produce. I have not ventured into the new generation yet but am considering it.

Taff Evans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2016
The Origen will also use anything you like. It actually runs very well indeed with cotton and twin coils, with an inch or so of cotton in the tank. Never gets a dry hit, great flavor, vaping at 35 watts or so.

Going to try ss rope next build with a mesh topper, and will see how that does.

Have considered the newer tanks, but something puts me off them..but I do like the more traditional tanks for some reason.. dont ask me why as i have no idea!!

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Thank you for the replys folks....they are appreciated.

Looks like it's about the end of the line for this genny..what a shame that companies seem to change the good stuff and stop making it, just because they seem to think that all vapers want is ever bigger plumes of smoke!!:cool::p, and of course, because they want to sell new stuff..!

Well it's not the end of the line for that genny, not as long as you can still get it, and you can. One could have said it was the end of the line for the DID, but you bought one of those, and did very well with it. As far as bigger plumes go the DID and the RSST do just fine unless you want to blow rotating wall clouds with rear flank downdraft and funnel clouds. How much cloud do you have to get, and why?

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain! Ignore the marketing. What is it that makes you happy vaping? You can get plenty of good hardware that will serve you very well into the future while completely ignoring what's being currently marketed. All of my vaping experience is proof of that. In fact what's being currently marketed amounts to little more than the re-invention of the wheel with more gimmicks and a grab for ever more of your money. It's shiny and NEW, buy this!

Think old school and save yourself some bucks. It got to be old school because it works.

Last edited:

Taff Evans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2016
Spot on Vaslovik ...

I tend not to take too much notice of marketing hype, like you say its always a newer, better, more advanced model they bring out, and its absolutely no better than some of the older stuff.

Pleased i decided to grab a Rsst though, and i have to say that the DID is working superbly, enough vapor for me, and bags of flavor and NO leaks! very nice atty, using it right now and enjoying it immensely.

I dont think I need anything else, got enough Gennys and rta's, so my wife will be happy that i am done spending...apart from a couple of good Mech Mods of course!.:D Oh and more spare parts, so I can keep em all going.:rolleyes:

Taff Evans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2016
I've got the Magneto Hybrid tank. It's a single coil with adjustable air. I love it for tootle puffing.

Thats actually a new one on me Shawn, didnt know it existed. will have to look it up!

Presumably its a mechmod with the rsst as a hybrid instead of the normal 510?

Sounds interesting.. will take a look..

Thanks mate.

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Thats actually a new one on me Shawn, didnt know it existed. will have to look it up!

Presumably its a mechmod with the rsst as a hybrid instead of the normal 510?

Sounds interesting.. will take a look..

Thanks mate.
Yup. The SMOK Magneto is a decent mech with a magnetic switch (hence it's name). Some have called it a clone of the Nzionic. The top cap/510 connector screws off, and a RSST screws on in its place.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Taff Evans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2016
Reading the doom and gloom about vaping and the new regulations in general, it looks like a good time to stock up on attys, spares etc. anyway..Once we have them and a good stock of e-juice ingredients we should be OK for a few years anyway.. and by then the black market should be well and truly up and running!

Taff Evans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2016
More Vapemail!
This time from Ireland, and its my RSST, looks good, smooth threads and quite heavy and seems to be well built. Got a couple of spare tanks for it as well, and a small pack of spares, as they seem to be stopping the production of it for more cloud chasing tanks!
Will try and get a build on it later on today and see how it performs. So any tips on building it folks?

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
I always built my RSST's the same way I build my DID's, 2.5mm solid wick, 26 kanthal 6/5 wrap .7 ohm coil wound on a 2.5mm drill bit, Petar K method, and they always worked very well for me. That's what I love about gennies, they are simple and basic. At one time I used the Petar Q method wrapping my coils on a Q-Tip stick. Hey, it worked :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread