Best Cigalike in 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I know cigalikes are becoming less and less popular, but they're much more acceptable from smokers. I want to convert my uncle to vaping, he doesn't like how box mods or even penstyle kits look like. Which cigalike is the best in 2016?
Hi,
How old is your uncle and how long has he smoked?
Do you want disposable or refillable?
Budget for initial purchase and weekly?

Cheers
I

Reactions: Foggy Road

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
The Raze Vapor Titanium T2 seem pretty powerful and user friendly:
The T2

I personally like the Epuffer Magnum Snaps. They've been out a couple of years now, but are SUPER simple to use. Epuffer also makes some pretty decent tobacco juices, too and blank snaps cartos if you decide third party juice is the way to go.
Magnum Snaps | eCig Starter-Kit | Magnum E-Cig | ePuffer Vape

Reactions: Vitaly

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi, he's 52. Smoking for about 30 years Marlboro Red. Budget is no problem, most important it has to work and taste properly, otherwise, he will grab his stinky again :)

Smokers are funny... I was one.. so, I know..
anyway...
The first hurdle is planting the seed. To that end : A five pack of Njoy kings bold.
King Bold Electronic Cigarettes 5 Pack | NJOY

Once HE decides it's a good idea, perhaps something like the Innokin T-18 as a second step.

Slow and steady... It's not about quitting now... it's about SUBSTITUTING.
One less, two less, five less cigarettes per day...

good luck to you and Uncle Dave

cheers
I

For a lot of people, myself included, the cigarette-like vaping devices don't put out enough vapor to satisfy a ex-smoker! It may be good to get your lungs used to the vapor but I think that eventually a bigger device will be required. However, there are some that it works very well for and who are very satisfied with cigarette-like vaping devices.

Reactions: Vitaly

Vitaly

Reviewer / Blogger
Feb 19, 2015
St.Albans
For a lot of people, myself included, the cigarette-like vaping devices don't put out enough vapor to satisfy a ex-smoker! It may be good to get your lungs used to the vapor but I think that eventually a bigger device will be required. However, there are some that it works very well for and who are very satisfied with cigarette-like vaping devices.
I do agree, there is not enough of flavour or vapour overall. But there are many people who are refusing to use ecigs because of their size. So cigalikes are just what they need to start with. My uncle now is willing to build, after realising how good vaping is! Still he wants tighter airflow, but transition is made!
I've started with pen style kit, now I am on eVic VTC Mini, but planning 2x18650 mod. SO you're right, this is question of time!

E-rick

Feb 11, 2016
Totally wicked's titan bc( or eleaf ikiss they are both same device different brands) or an eroll and for juice to fill them I'd recomend eonsmoke "wrangler" or "classic tobacco" and this is coming from a cig a like freak I have been vaping for a year now and off cigs but I smoked for 28 years 2 pack a day and for me I had to have the cig shape and feel I even own big devices but I hardly touch them since I discovered the devices I've mentioned above and trust me I've tried almost every cig shaped device out there

E-rick

Feb 11, 2016
I just ordered an "alchemy z5" from fasttech waiting for it to come still but it looks like a hyped up version of eroll the coils look like nothing I've seen yet there cased in glass so it has a little primer tank around coil so you can pretty much hit it in any position n coils always wet seems similar to way eroll airflow works but more sturdy and more powerful I'll be sure to post a review when I get it

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
I'm one of those people that could just never get comfortable with anything much larger or heavier than an analog or a cigar, mostly because I stealth-vape everywhere, and need something that can be concealed completely in my hand ... :sneaky:

Even an Ego with a pen cap was too conspicuous ... :blink:

Just ordered my third Ovale Elips starter kit, its two complete units with spare tanks and atomizers, enough for a year of daily vaping, for less than the cost of a carton of analogs in CA ... :thumbs:

Ovale elips-C Kit

I've never had one fail, even after dropping it in the toilet ... :blush:

The Elips is really compact (17mm X 10.7mm X 104mm), looks kind of like a Stabilo Boss highlighter, and when the tank is full and the atomizer clean, delivers a quantity of vapor about equal to a "light" analog, which is what I was accustomed to before I quit ... :|

Battery life is always an issue with mini PVs, but the PCC compensates for this, carry one in the charging case while vaping the other ... :vapor:

Its not for everyone, but it sure fills the need for me, until better batteries reduce the form factor of APVs in the future ... :)

That is, if the FDA doesn't destroy the future of vaping ... :(

Last edited:

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I'm astonished to see all this support for cigalikes! You go guys! Whatever works for you is a FANTASTIC product no matter how much the hobbyists in here bash them.
I'm in pretty much the same boat with you after constantly reading these people telling new members that they need to start with subohm devices and how worthless my Egos/Evods and VV/VW MODS are.

E-rick

Feb 11, 2016
Yea I go thru same thing with my brother he has all big devices and ton of fruit flavors and all but for me it was always about replacing the analogs I have istick n nautilus and all that stuff but I just prefer a powerful cig a like any day cause the form factor and holding it like a cig and all is what satisfies me same with flavors too I have like 10 different juices I love but there all menthols or tobaccos or a mix of the two lol

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
I'm astonished to see all this support for cigalikes! You go guys! Whatever works for you is a FANTASTIC product no matter how much the hobbyists in here bash them.
I'm in pretty much the same boat with you after constantly reading these people telling new members that they need to start with subohm devices and how worthless my Egos/Evods and VV/VW MODS are.

For me, its like this ...

I have a long-time friend who designs custom cars, he used to have his own shop building dragsters, and is all about speed and power ...

He looks at my tiny compact car and shakes his head sadly, tells me how much happier I would be with a high-performance road monster like his ...

I thank him kindly for the innovations that racing has brought to the automotive industry, hop in my little clown car, and putter my way home at 25 MPH ...

For some of us, less is more ... :D

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
For me, its like this ...

I have a long-time friend who designs custom cars, he used to have his own shop building dragsters, and is all about speed and power ...

He looks at my tiny compact car and shakes his head sadly, tells me how much happier I would be with a high-performance road monster like his ...

I thank him kindly for the innovations that racing has brought to the automotive industry, hop in my little clown car, and putter my way home at 25 MPH ...

For some of us, less is more ... :D
ROFL! I'm very into classic cars. But my dream car would be a '72 Pinto wagon. Green with the plastic wood trim. The big Ford wagons were called Country Squire. Some magazine dubbed the Pinto Woodie the Country Squirt!

PINTO_0378.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread