In'Ax MkIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been looking at this atty for a while, and when I noticed that it is now sold out on Vapinart, I had a sudden sense of urgency to find one before they disappear from existance. I ordered one from Vapstor.fr. My wife is ......, and I am excited! Has anyone ever ordered from there? If so, how long does shipping take to the U.S.?

kformeck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
I have been looking at this atty for a while, and when I noticed that it is now sold out on Vapinart, I had a sudden sense of urgency to find one before they disappear from existance. I ordered one from Vapstor.fr. My wife is ......, and I am excited! Has anyone ever ordered from there? If so, how long does shipping take to the U.S.?

That's where I got mine, it only took about 4 days to receive which is insanely fast for coming from overseas.

That is awesome! I was expecting at least a couple weeks. I have never ordered anything from overseas. I bought some mesh today. I went with 200. The shop I went to had that and 400. I haven't used a Genesis in about 2 years, and it was an RSST. I don't even know what grade mesh it was. Will 400 work better? Or does it even matter much. I typically use 70% VG juice.

kformeck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
That is awesome! I was expecting at least a couple weeks. I have never ordered anything from overseas. I bought some mesh today. I went with 200. The shop I went to had that and 400. I haven't used a Genesis in about 2 years, and it was an RSST. I don't even know what grade mesh it was. Will 400 work better? Or does it even matter much. I typically use 70% VG juice.

On the MKIII, wicking is assisted by your inhale so the grade of mesh doesn't seem to matter as much as a standard genny.

Reactions: bgmat58
It arrived today. Had to rebuild a few times. On my second build, the resistance was shifting from 0.67 all the way down to 0.32. While firing it on my Psyclone Evo, I believe it blew the fuze on the board. That build was 5 wraps of 28 gauge kanthol. I just put a 4 wrap build with a resistance of 0.67 and it has been stable for the past hour. I find the flavor to be a little less than I was expecting. Maybe it will improve with experience.

Reactions: thetrucker

kformeck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
It arrived today. Had to rebuild a few times. On my second build, the resistance was shifting from 0.67 all the way down to 0.32. While firing it on my Psyclone Evo, I believe it blew the fuze on the board. That build was 5 wraps of 28 gauge kanthol. I just put a 4 wrap build with a resistance of 0.67 and it has been stable for the past hour. I find the flavor to be a little less than I was expecting. Maybe it will improve with experience.

As with most gennys, the flavor will get better over time (within a few days) and then drop off when the build craps out (within a few months). I find the flavor the two horizontally oriented holes to be the best I've ever experienced. 5 wraps of 28g kanthal and #325 mesh firing 18.9 - 22.1 watts and the build comes out to around 0.8 ohms. Are you 100% positive there aren't any small shorts? I mean 0.67 ohms does sound about right to me. Is your mesh glowing at all when dry firing? I find that with these center post gennys, proper mesh oxidation is even more critical because the wick is directly touching the positive post instead of floating over a wick hole. With that said, once you get it working, that center post will keep the thing pretty stable for quite a while. I still haven't rebuilt my MKIII since I got it (~3 months ago) and it's still the ....! Granted, every few tanks, I clean the tank, dry fire it and then run it under some water to clear the gunk. How much power are you running through it?

yuishosetsu

Jan 3, 2016
Be sure the mesh isn't touching the bottom of the tank because it will create a short. And the diameter of the wick is such, as to get inside with a proper gap. Try to dry fire it firstly on a mech mod with a low voltage battery inside. It will reveal all the shorts and hot spots.. After all that, put it on a regulated mod at 9 watts and try to make all the wraps of your wire as equal as possible. Check the connection on the positive and maybe play a little with the spring... if everything is done right the ohms should be solid for a long period of time. If your battery is draining faster than usual, it's a sign of a short.

Vaya

ECF Veteran
I've always found this atty to be absolutely gorgeous. Got one with every possible spare part, add-on, etc. and it absolutely broke me last night.

I'm no stranger to mesh, but this thing broke me. I'll have to try again tonight. 5 hours wasted yesterday... but so it goes with our fond little obsession, here!

Reactions: 300fury
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread