ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
7% TFA Citrus Punch
3% TFA Dragonfruit
4% TFA Pomegranate
2% TFA Sour
1-3% TFA Koolada

Shake and vape. Steeping helps a little as always, but good to go immediately.

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to mention that this is a "tank version." This is OK for RDAs and I do use the same juice for both sometimes, but it might be too much for some. Only you know your taste sensitivities. I have also enjoyed this same recipe cut down by a quarter or half, with the latter being a fairly lightly flavored vape for me.

Last edited:

Haylon357

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
USA
7% TFA Citrus Punch
3% TFA Dragonfruit
4% TFA Pomegranate
2% TFA Sour
1-3% TFA Koolada

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to mention that this is a "tank version." This is OK for RDAs and I do use the same juice for both sometimes, but it might be too much for some. Only you know your taste sensitivities. I have also enjoyed this same recipe cut down by a quarter or half, with the latter being a fairly lightly flavored vape for me.
Made a 30 mill for a taste test. Making 250 mill batch now. Thanks for the share.

Sent from my LG V10 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ddirtyvapes

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
this looks tasty. How would you describe the flavor?

Sorry I didn't see this until now. Citrus Punch is a Mountain Dew flavor (pretty good one at that IMO) so it tastes like a more interesting berry mountain dew, essentially. I feel like the pomegranate and dragonfruit meld together to create a somewhat exotic, very distinctly "red" tasting fruit flavor that goes nicely with the relatively tart Citrus Punch. The sour definitely amps up the tartness even more but not overwhelmingly so (I like sour myself, though). I like Koolada in these kinds of juices because it's like an iced drink, but it's optional.

@Haylon357 glad it passed the taste test!

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
I just added citrus punch and dragon fruit to my next DIY order...it better be good or you owe me money!

;)

Deal ;) But I think as long as you tend to like fruity vapes, you'll like this. I have taken to using one (other) mix most of the time so any time I'm not using that it's gotta be something equally good, and this fits the bill. It's a little intense for an ADV in an RDA for me, but super flavorful and not too much to use sometimes. I just occasionally cut it if I'm going to use it in an RDA for a while.

McAnythingReally

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2015
Albany, NY
Whipped up a batch of this last night, fresh off a shake n vape it tastes very similar to the Baja Blast Mtn Dew in my mind. I ended up shaving 25% off each flavoring percentage to tone it down a bit, but on a dripper it shines with this ratio. Can't wait to try this again tonight as it has been sitting over night/through today in my drawer.

Definitely adding this to my recipes I will keep around!

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
Whipped up a batch of this last night, fresh off a shake n vape it tastes very similar to the Baja Blast Mtn Dew in my mind. [snip]

That's great, I'm so glad you enjoyed it! And I'm glad you cut it down some; that's exactly what I do most of the time I drip with this (unless all I have is full flavor) and I love it that way, too. I'm happy someone else tried a scaled down version with good results, since so far most people who have reported back on this recipe here and elsewhere are going full-out.

Thank you so much for posting! It warms the cockles of my cold, dead heart when someone enjoys my DIY recipes.

McAnythingReally

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2015
Albany, NY
That's great, I'm so glad you enjoyed it! And I'm glad you cut it down some; that's exactly what I do most of the time I drip with this (unless all I have is full flavor) and I love it that way, too. I'm happy someone else tried a scaled down version with good results, since so far most people who have reported back on this recipe here and elsewhere are going full-out.

Thank you so much for posting! It warms the cockles of my cold, dead heart when someone enjoys my DIY recipes.
Only thing I gotta do is up my Koolada %. I went with 1% to play it safe, but as a Hawk Sauce addict, it just isnt enough LOL. Gotta bump that up to 2% to really get that cool finish, it seems right now thats the only thing Im lacking, it has that great berry and citrus flavor, but doesnt seem to have that cool crisp finish Im looking for, upping the Koolada should resolve that for me.

For anybody willing to try a slightly reduced mixture try this:
5.25% TFA Citrus Punch
2.25% TFA Dragonfruit
3% TFA Pomegranate
1.5% TFA Sour
1-2% TFA Koolada

Thats what I used last night, and it gave me a nice balance of flavor, without being overwhelming on the palate.

Glad I could add a bit of warmth to the cold dead heart!

Reactions: ddirtyvapes

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
I'm on my 2nd 250 mill batch

That's quite the endorsement, thank you :) I just loaded up my Griffin with some of it about an hour ago. I haven't used any for a couple of weeks and it tastes so good, not to toot my own horn!

@McAnythingReally thanks so much for doing the math on that and posting it right here.

I am confident that a bit more Koolada will make all the difference in the world. I know some people really can't stand it so I DID try the recipe once without it just to confirm that it works fine, but for me it is basically essential. There's nothing inherently wrong with a nice and simple recipe, but this one has so little else in it that I think the Koolada really helps to elevate the overall experience. Not that you did this, but to leave it out entirely causes the juice to fall just a tad flat for me.

For what it's worth, I use a higher percentage of Koolada in this particular recipe than almost anything else. Normally for the full-flavor version, I use 3 or even 3.5%. A lot of other juices that would be simply too much, but for this it just works IMO. I don't think you'd have any problem using 2% in a recipe otherwise scaled down by 1/4.

McAnythingReally

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2015
Albany, NY
If ya got other recipes, Please share. Dragon Punch was my 1st diy.

Sent from my LG V10 using Tapatalk
Strangely enough this was my first DIY as well, its very simple to make, but has great flavor. In all honesty, its a great confidence booster for a beginner, simple to make, and easy to tweak, allows a new DIYer to be able to make something delicious very very easily.

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
That's great @McAnythingReally, that was basically exactly my intention. Some long-time DIYers (including myself) still like making other peoples' recipes or at least basing juice on stuff found online, but I know a LOT of people who use these recipes are relatively new, or brand new in this case. I know some DIYers who just enjoy getting complicated.... using 20 ingredients, steeping in wood barrels, that kind of stuff. I just usually don't find it necessary for *most* juices.

So yeah, that's how I try to keep my recipes unless I'm trying to make a clone or intentionally want something complex. Nine times out of ten I like simple, hard to mess up, and easy to tweak.

Speaking of tweaking, this is definitely a recipe that easily accepts a lot of other fruit flavors. I have added lemon, black cherry, orange, peach, and watermelon (all separately) to pretty good effect.

Reactions: Haylon357

nedwood

May 28, 2016
Worcestershire
7% TFA Citrus Punch
3% TFA Dragonfruit
4% TFA Pomegranate
2% TFA Sour
1-3% TFA Koolada

I'm new to DIY, the % is of a 100ml so If I wanted to make a 10ml sample id use 0.7ml of citrus and so on? And if I was to make 50ml id use 4.5ml?

McAnythingReally

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2015
Albany, NY
I'm new to DIY, the % is of a 100ml so If I wanted to make a 10ml sample id use 0.7ml of citrus and so on? And if I was to make 50ml id use 4.5ml?
Your best bet is to get yourself a calculator like eJuiceMeUp or to use the calculator over at E-Liquid Recipes. Basically, if you were thinking 10 ml then yes you would be right on those numbers. When you see percentage listed for a recipe it is generally a % of the volume of liquid you would like to make. So say you wanted to make 50ml you would do 8.5ml total of flavoring, which would break down like this:
7225caa2c8e568bbe082959d2334bdf0

This is the E-Liquid-Recipe calculator that I tend to use. It takes all the math out of the equation, and makes mixing so much easier. Plus you can save your recipes using any calculator, and keep them for reference/tweaking.

Last edited:

nedwood

May 28, 2016
Worcestershire
the % remains the same, using total volume of bottle you are using,
7% in 50 ml bottle is
50 * .07 = 3.5 ml
10 * .07 = 0.7 ml
:)
Yeah okay, that's making more sense, one other thing, when making your own juice how do you know where to start with % of flavour, I wanna make a sour apple but don't know where to start with % of concentrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread