Geek Vape Avocado 24

Status
Not open for further replies.

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
My current wicking method involves lining up a pad of Koh Gen Do cotton alongside my wrapped coil and cutting it to approximately 1.5 the width of the coil. Remove the outer layer from each side of the strip, roll it to conform the shape of the coil and insert it through the coil. Bring a tail to the base of the tank, from the outside, and cut it a little short of reaching the base. Then split/spread the tail and snip off cotton from the center, roll it back together again and push it down to the base of the tank through the JFH. Lastly I'll juice the wick and tank and use an allen key to poke a hole into each JFH to create the necessary gap for air to travel back into the tank.

As for cleaning the coil: I'll dry fire it and run it under a running tap. Holding your mod sideways will not only help with keeping it dry, but also reduce the chances of water running into the tank. If a little water does make its way inside, I simply run a strip of cotton through a JFH to the base to absorb it.

I perform all this while the tank is assembled as I detest disassembling it; the resistance jumping issue annoys me.

There are many ways to go about it and I'm sure you'll eventually find one that works for you. All the best. Keep calm and vape on.

Reactions: TrollDragon

VAP8

Aug 4, 2014
Beijing
OK, thanks guys for the cleaning tips. I have no issues yet with the wicking, except that it does eventually leaks (as reported) when you lay it on its side, though I can't understand the physics of why it would do that.

Flavour side (I MTL), it is not consistent at every puff. I found that that the 1st and 2nd puffs are rather strange (bad wicking taste), it is only after the 3rd puff that it shows its wonders. It is a tad more flavourful than the Kanger mini subtank, and very similar to the Serpent mini. The Serpent mini though, is flavour consistent at every puff, and so is the slightly less flavourfull Kanger mini sub.
I guess the reason for the 1st and 2nd puff issue has to do with the wick not being constantly in contact with juice (I didn't wick to bottom of tank)

Thanks for the Limitless intro, I will look into that. :)

MadVLN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2016
Central WA State
i cleaned and re-wicked the Avo24 yesterday. i take the top cap off, give it a rinse in warm water. then i take the tank/deck section of and rinse it with warm water. i try to shake all of the water out of the tank, but there is usually a tiny bit left afterward. no biggie. i just leave it. then i dry burned the coils and gave it a wick. got a drip tip from Fasttech yesterday for the avocado. i was told it fits the Limitiless RDTA, but it's too loose. so i put a couple layers of tephlon tape around the press fit base and works like a charm with both the limitless and avo24. really liking these tips. they are $3.34 at FT. the kicker is random colors. no picking. i got this one and the other is purple but havent taken any pics of it yet.

REYwHMsl.jpg

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
i cleaned and re-wicked the Avo24 yesterday. i take the top cap off, give it a rinse in warm water. then i take the tank/deck section of and rinse it with warm water. i try to shake all of the water out of the tank, but there is usually a tiny bit left afterward. no biggie. i just leave it. then i dry burned the coils and gave it a wick. got a drip tip from Fasttech yesterday for the avocado. i was told it fits the Limitiless RDTA, but it's too loose. so i put a couple layers of tephlon tape around the press fit base and works like a charm with both the limitless and avo24. really liking these tips. they are $3.34 at FT. the kicker is random colors. no picking. i got this one and the other is purple but havent taken any pics of it yet.

REYwHMsl.jpg
That DT does look nice.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

MadVLN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2016
Central WA State

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
Oh bugger on the top cap, looks it will be going back, as its impossible for it to stay in one position.
My first ever Geek Vape product was the Griff 22. The first tank I received came with a broken glass and a stuck/stripped grub screw. The replacement came with a stuck top cap LOL. The third one was a keeper :) Since then I've bought the Avo 22, Avo 24 and Griff 25. Thankfully I haven't had to return any of these.

Mass factory products are known to have a lesser quality control, resulting in inconsistencies, and even faulty products :(

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

MadVLN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2016
Central WA State
W00t! I finally found @MadVLN 's avocado drip tip post; thanks :) I'm putting in an order for it.

And for a Limitless Plus :)

get some teflon tape if you don't already have some ;) 2-3 wrap around the drip tip base and it will screw into the avocado threads nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread