Swollen Throats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Independence, Missouri
Both my husband and I have been experiencing sore and swollen throats lately that mainly feel swollen around the tonsil area. The weather hasn't changed, we both have ok sinuses, I don't have tonsils lol. My husband said his swelling went down after two days, mine just started when I woke up. I have no other signs of sickness and neither does or did he. Do you think the swollen feeling is due to the vaping? Him and I tend to chain vape on and off during the day, we drink plenty of fluids, so I'm really not sure why we both got swollen throats. I hope it's not due to the vaping, but has anyone else experienced this?

Java_Az

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2010
Colorado
I just got back from FreedomSmokeUSA a local company here in Tucson that i found last night via this forum. I burnt out my last two atomizers i had and needed some replacements bad. Just got to 3 weeks without a analog and really didnt want to go buy any. After called the 1-800 number and talking to dave he had me stop by. This was a eye opening experience for me. Not all liquids are the same. I was using a company that didnt use 99.999 % pure Nicotine. I also had a sore throat at the beginning for 4 or 5 days. I just wonder if i would have started on a liquid that uses all pure ingredient's if i would have still gotten a sore throat. Anyways just a thought and maybe something to look into. I hear a lot of negative comments about the Chinese E liquids. Which are pretty much in all the pre filled carts you get in a starter kit.

Cyia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Independence, Missouri
I just got back from FreedomSmokeUSA a local company here in Tucson that i found last night via this forum. I burnt out my last two atomizers i had and needed some replacements bad. Just got to 3 weeks without a analog and really didnt want to go buy any. After called the 1-800 number and talking to dave he had me stop by. This was a eye opening experience for me. Not all liquids are the same. I was using a company that didnt use 99.999 % pure Nicotine. I also had a sore throat at the beginning for 4 or 5 days. I just wonder if i would have started on a liquid that uses all pure ingredient's if i would have still gotten a sore throat. Anyways just a thought and maybe something to look into. I hear a lot of negative comments about the Chinese E liquids. Which are pretty much in all the pre filled carts you get in a starter kit.

I've been using a lot of mixtures of juice recently which might also be my problem. me switching juices so often is probably not a good idea lol.

Krandle

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
Boston
I've been using a lot of mixtures of juice recently which might also be my problem. me switching juices so often is probably not a good idea lol.

I've had a sore and slightly swollen throat come an go recently and noticed it became worse with specific juices. I was also losing the flavor on everything at the same time. I've been using different juices a lot lately since I'm new and wanted to try different stuff. So... after cleaning my atty and even the filler in the carts, I've been vaping only two juices from the same vendor (BWB) for a day and my sore throat has all but cleared up.
I hope it stays that way.

LastRide

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2010
Canada
I have the same problem and I still smoke analog's. I quit smoking the E Cig for a month because of it. Tonight I took maybe 4-5 puffs off my E Cig and my throat started to swell a little. I do think it is with certain juices because a couple other I seem to be ok. I have like 9 different juices pre-mixed, lots of flavours, mixing tools,PG/VG. I been thinking of just quitting E Cigs. You can't even sleep when your throat swell's. Plus it seems to last a few days until your throat opens up. We'll see what happens.

chele_808

Jun 18, 2010
are you vaping pg or vg? the pg make me sick....sore throat, cough and runny nose. after that experience i did some research and ordered vg from american eliquid store. why? all their ingredients are purchased from us based businesses. the nicotine is 99.8% pure, the flavorings are food grade and the vg is united states pharmaceutical grade. choose your nicotine, base and flavor and they custom mix your eliquid. i really like knowing that my eliquid is clean, fresh and made in the good old u s of a. i had lots of questions and they got back to me very quickly....and got my order to me in less than a week.

i have not smoked in 5 weeks. i don't have the desire to, even when i'm out at the pub.

viva la 510!

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
I get scratchiness in the back of my throat, I do not think it is swollen though, but I think this has more to do with the high nic content and using only high voltage but, a little raspyness is well worth the flavor and throat kick trade off. I am gonna try really hard to drink more water when I vape to see if I can't get rid of this problem.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
The vapor really doesn't get that hot TLW - most of mine feels quite cool in fact at least at normal voltage (under 6v). I can possibly see people burning a lip if they use a carto (as opposed to an atty with mouthpiece) but not a throat. Vapor doesn't get as hot as boiling liquid and we drink coffee made with boiling water (or close to boiling) without too much issue (I add powder milk to mine not cold milk btw).
Mostly the throat thing is not drinking enough, or getting used to the PG or VG (both will dry out your mucosa), or being alittle sensitive to something in nic juice (usually the flavoring or the carrier liquid).
It goes away after a short period - but you must must MUST increase your liquid consumption.

humarock

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2010
MA
on my 4th day and using the pre-filled carts that came with my starter kit, I noticed after a draw that my throat was raspy and stinging....i ordered more ejuices that came in yesterday and notice a difference, they are smoother and not getting the scratchy, itchiness after a draw....but I am drinking lots and LOTS of water, have even (this is awesome) dropped my 2 litre of Diet Coke a day habit as well....hmmm....as I'm just new to this, I agree with another poster that I would like to know exactly what is in my juices, so I'm still researching that and vendors, etc....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread