• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nighthawk

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
Southeast Texas
I've had insomnia as long as I can remember. Some times are better than others. I've not really slept well since July this time. Last week has been the worst. I am totally exhausted and unable to sleep. All my usual tricks have failed. It's like my body is at war with me or something. Last night was bad. I got less than 2 hours of sleep total. So there I was, online at 4am quoting the Beatles on my facebook.....

You're up anyway, so post here! We'll all be crunchy eyed and punchy together! It'll be fun!

Nighthawk

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
Southeast Texas
I tried the melatonin! It made me sleep the next day instead of that night! I've tried valarian, kava, and large dose of benedryl. not all at the same time. The benedryl ususally knocks me out no prob. not lately... I did sleep some last night finally. My natural body clock just doesn't match what most people's run at. I'd be fine if I could go to bed 2-3am and sleep until 10am. But with the kids scheduals, it isn't possible. Bleh!
I might try taking the melatonin earlier in the day and see if that helps. This is making me NUTS!

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
I use to go to bed around four and sleep until eleven---didn't wake up once. Then life made me go to bed earlier and that is when the problems started.
I'd go two three days without sleeping and then die for about ten hours, then start the cycle again.
My doctor game me something. I took it ten nights in a row and that was suppose to break the cycle. It did for a while. Next I tried the Benedryl and it helped but I didn't like the thought of taking it long term.
Then I tried the Melatonin. It took a few days to kick in, but it finally did. Every once in a while, I wake up and know I won't be able to go back to sleep so I take another dose of it. Guess I just have to keep a certain level of it in my system.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
I came in here to ask you how last night went, but guess I don't have to.:)
So glad to hear you got some sleep last night. Keep in mind that you might still have a bad night here and there, but overall things should be better than they were before.

By the way, twelve mg nightly dose of Melatonin is my magic number. If I take anymore it will actually keep me awake.:confused::shock:

If I wake up after a few hours and I know I'm not going to go back to sleep easy, I then can take another twelve.
Hoping the best for you!!!!!!!

Nighthawk

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
Southeast Texas
Last night I did not take anything. I was running a fever. So I went to bed early and let it burn out the germies. I think I slept off and on from 6pm till 1 pm. I feel better, no more fever. Still sleepy! Took 10mg tonight and hopefull for tomorrow. I had only been taking 5mg, so maybe wasn't enough. ( I am NOT a small person, just short) lol. I just want this wicked cycle of non-sleep to stop. eeekkkk!

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Just keep adding a little and I hope you find the magic number.
Sorry you felt sick.
Yesterday I was around three smokers (all who are trying to make the switch but just hasn't made it yet), and the smoke did a job on me.
I couldn't believe how I started to feel after a few hours. The worst thing was I felt like I had cotton stuffed in my ears. A little Clariton this morning got rid of that.

Nighthawk

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
Southeast Texas
10mg worked well last night. Yeah! Now to get the baby on a better schedual and I think I'll have it licked. I like the melatonin because it Helps me sleep, not knocks me out. I have to be aware enough to hear the baby at night, or the kids or if one of the kittens jumped into the trashcan again and can't get back out... things like that.
yeah my S/O smokes still. ICK! Trying to get a new idea into his head is like trying to teach a pig to sing. However.... I have subtly made him a lil bit jealous of how much I love to vape, and all the little packages I keep getting. I have managed to get him to try my latest pv, and let him convince me that he'd use it at home if I got him some tobacco flavor juice. heh heh. He totally knows what I was doing, and I knew what he was doing--- He does things in his own time, can't push him even a little, mule-headed booger. sigh.....

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Yippee, glad it worked. As I said, if it happens to you, and you wake up three or four hours later, just take another dose and it should get you back to sleep. I think it's just keeping a set amount in your system.
I totally understand. Hubby was an occasional smoker and hasn't had one since I don't have them in the house anymore. BUT, my best friend still is smoking analogs and no matter what I say, she is dead set about making the switch.
She is stubborn and once she has made up her mind, even though she knows it's a better option, she won't change her mind unless a mountain falls on her.
RW (DH) just got my NicoStick juice box working and this thing is great. I'm going to use it for a couple of days to see how things go with it, and then I'll post pictures of it in the Modders Section.
You should really try one of these.

Nighthawk

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
Southeast Texas
Sounds cool!
Guess what I did last night? I took the melatonin, got sleepy about an hour later. Then I went to bed, and after the babymonster finally went to sleep, I did too! then I slept all night, and woke up in the morning like everyone else did. It was AMAZING! I felt rested, not like the zombie I have been for months. Thanks so much for encouraging me to stick it out, it has helped tremendously. Whew!...

Nighthawk

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
Southeast Texas
thanks! I'm hoping it gets to be a habit! I hate the 'no sleep' wars. I've always been weirded out by people that can sleep anywhere, just because they get tired. I never slept at sleep overs when I was a kid. My other friends would get tired and sleep eventually. Some sooner than others! I can remember after being awake for 3 days in hard labor with my first child, a no drugs natural childbirth, and all the blood loss.... I STILL didn't sleep in the hospital. The nurses thought I was crazy. Maybe I was a bit crazy after all that, but I couldn't sleep either. Sometimes I wonder what it'd be like to be 'normal'. hummmm

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
scratchm, I was up about 3:30 last night. Actually it was kind of toss n turn night. Had a glass of milk and went back to bed. Never did get into a good sleep mode. I'll be dying for a nap later but won't or I'll have another toss n turn night.
May tonight will be better!!!

I actually got a sister that lives in Phoenix---she just visited and I sent her home with a mod and she had an eGo waiting for her. She was stopping in Indiana on her way home, and I should be hearing from her soon. I'm anxious to hear how the transition is going.
Hopefully good because she has a couple neighbors she'd like to convert which is why I sent a little extra liquid home with her.

Nighthawk

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
Southeast Texas
Yeah, it had gotten so bad that the benedryl wasn't working anymore, even at higher doses. The melatonin is working though and I am feeling almost normal lately. Well, I was up pretty late last night, but it is helping whenever I do get to bed. Baby has a head cold, so she was fussy & restless, which makes me not as likely to sleep, listening for her. I still managed 4-5 hours! Not too bad for what would have been a sleepless night!
Congrats on your sister jj! And here's to more converts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread